The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Blocky_Mofo
Sarge

Re: The couch thread

Post by Blocky_Mofo »

Captain Quack wrote:
GoDogGo! wrote:I just want to say it again, Quack: I really, really like your sig.
I still stop and stare at it for a couple revolutions several times a day. Enjoy it, I know I do.

Im afraid if I buy the whole movie I will burn that few seconds into my TV.

Cant...look.......away.. :heart:
. "Any man who slows down because of pubes in his teeth or blood on his chin is a closet bus station queer."

meatfish
Recruit

Post by meatfish »

What movie is it from? It rings bells but can't place it...

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

What movie is it from? It rings bells but can't place it...
Who the fuck are you? Write an intro on the free speech forum...
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

kreator

Post by kreator »

CFB wrote:Did I miss these LULZ somewhere in the last few pages?...

http://www.competitor-digital.com/competitor/201106#pg1

And nice tats btw....so now this fucker is native american? I know a few proud, tough-as-fucking-nailz engines that would gladly skin the hide off that white boy.
badwaterbull.jpg
badwaterbull.jpg (185.71 KiB) Viewed 14538 times
The whole article was stupid, BUT, the one part that made me mad was the fact that it straight out lied. Brian MacKenzie has never, NEVER started, finished, or even qualified for the Badwater 135 Ultramarathon.

To qualify for Badwater "the ideal applicant will have extensive experience in ultra endurance sports" and they are ranked before a committee before they are deemed accepted. Brian MacKenzie has not met any of the standards for qualifying for Badwater. These are the standards:
http://www.badwater.com/reg.html

He has CREWED for a person who actually qualified for and ran Badwater. What that means is he was part of a crew that led the runner in a car with supplies and may or may not have run some of the miles out on the course to pace him. Crews do not need to qualify for the race and are not listed in the results.

Also, why does he always need to appear shirtless?
Are the tattoos part of the program?
Does he think he's a sex god?

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

WildGorillaMan wrote:
Cave Canem wrote:It'll probably be some chunky @fit broad who lost her chance to be a feature chick on Team Gorilla (unless he decides to do a day of "Earn your scars").

That's executive thinking right there.
I'll let you know where to send the check when I see "Warrior/Mudder" Burn Victim Tuesday or Compound Fracture Thursday.
Tantum validus superstes

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

Compound Fracture Thursday.
THIS ^^^ even Fail Friday would be great.
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

Jay

Post by Jay »

BMack is revered because all these pathetic soccer moms whose husbands are accountants with beer bellies look at him as a badass and want to suck him dry.

goes to show you that being in the right place at the right time makes you a fitness celebrity

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Jay wrote:BMack is revered because all these pathetic soccer moms whose husbands are accountants with beer bellies look at him as a badass and want to suck him dry.

goes to show you that being in the right place at the right time makes you a fitness celebrity
Only if you're UNSCARED.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

DrDonkeyLove wrote:
Jay wrote:BMack is revered because all these pathetic soccer moms whose husbands are accountants with beer bellies look at him as a badass and want to suck him dry.

Only if you're UNSCARED.
Shit, and all this time I thought he was a 6 fingered mutant and had UNSCARRED! across his knuckles.
Tantum validus superstes

Blocky_Mofo
Sarge

Post by Blocky_Mofo »

I would pay MONEY to see Mr Phil Anselmo here beat BMAC's ass for fucking up a great Tat.. :supz:
Image :supz:
. "Any man who slows down because of pubes in his teeth or blood on his chin is a closet bus station queer."

friedquads
Pillowbiter

Post by friedquads »

I bet that Mayor McCheeze had all but creamed himself when he found TJ Murphy and discovered that Tug Job Murphy was going to not only get swept up in the whole McCheezey way, but that he would write about it like it was Gospel.

I'm patiently waiting for Tug Job to fuck himself up under the tutelage of that skinny tattoo'ed bitch and write up a 'Fuck You' article to BMacNCheeze that would sound like it's taking excerpts from IGx's Couch Forum.
Jay wrote:BTW, warriors kill shit. The only things you kill are exercise science and the board short display at Target.
I choose to kill people with kindness. Oh, I should also mention "kindness" is the name of my samurai sword.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

Lulz, delusions, and spelling errors. Go Shoreline!
http://www.shorelinecrossfit.com/2011/0 ... ing-glass/
It took me four years of high school to realize that I was a poor writer. Four years. What a shocker senior year when I took my first honors class and got a D on my first paper.

You see, up until this point, I had taken all easy classes…The types of classes that I just had to show up to and I would get an A. My mediocre work was sufficient, and the A’s I received padded my academic ego.

This is often the case with CrossFit. Many of us coast through life injury free, lifting slowly at gyms with poor form, or playing recreationally at a sport that slowly beats our bodies down due to poor movement.

Then we join CrossFit….

A few months in, we develop a lower back, shoulder, or knee injury. We dismiss CrossFit as destructive, dangerous, and the culprit of our injury.

This is not the case.

We fumble through our lives; some minorly, some more majorly athletic; relatively injury free. Then we embark upon (for most of us) the most intense athletic experience of our lives: CrossFit. CrossFit brings injuries to the surface that have been latent for years; a sort of magnifying glass, so to speak.

Our poor posture, shoddy squat form, tendency to pronate our feet, and inability to pick up heavy objects with proper form, beat on our bodies for decades. Then, we put our bodies under extra duress and are flabbergasted when injury rears its ugly head.

This is why it is important that we correct for before we add load, and don’t risk form for intensity.

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

Shoreline ESL Trainer wrote:This is why it is important that we correct for before we add load, and don’t risk form for intensity.
Then, two paragraphs down, we have this picture:

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

Captain Quack wrote:
This is often the case with CrossFit. Many of us coast through life injury free, lifting slowly at gyms with poor form, or playing recreationally at a sport that slowly beats our bodies down due to poor movement.

Then we join CrossFit….

That's fucking gold right there.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

JohnnyBadAss
Staff Sergeant

Post by JohnnyBadAss »

Compound Fracture Thursday might not be too far away.

Yes, these idiots are working out in the rain (or at least post-rain), box jumps included.

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Captain Quack wrote:Lulz, delusions, and spelling errors. Go Shoreline!
http://www.shorelinecrossfit.com/2011/0 ... ing-glass/
It took me four years of high school to realize that I was a poor writer. Four years. What a shocker senior year when I took my first honors class and got a D on my first paper.

You see, up until this point, I had taken all easy classes…The types of classes that I just had to show up to and I would get an A. My mediocre work was sufficient, and the A’s I received padded my academic ego.

Then we join CrossFit….

A few months in, we develop a lower back, shoulder, or knee injury. We dismiss CrossFit as destructive, dangerous, and the culprit of our injury.

This is not the case.

We fumble through our lives; some minorly, some more majorly athletic; relatively injury free. Then we embark upon (for most of us) the most intense athletic experience of our lives: CrossFit. CrossFit brings injuries to the surface that have been latent for years; a sort of magnifying glass, so to speak.

Our poor posture, shoddy squat form, tendency to pronate our feet, and inability to pick up heavy objects with proper form, beat on our bodies for decades. Then, we put our bodies under extra duress and are flabbergasted when injury rears its ugly head.

This is why it is important that we correct for before we add load, and don’t risk form for intensity.
Sweet holy non-box-jumping baby gorilla jeebus ! These fucktards need to be kidnapped and sent for deprogramming. What about the 20% slop factor? Do these assholes just go outside and say, "The wind is blowing this way today so it's all about intensity" or "It's a norther today, must emphasize form uber alles". Do they even read their own bible (@fit journal) and note the inconsistencies ? Concentrate on form but EVERY SECOND CoUNTS !
My already small brain is stuttering and nearing complete neural overload with the explosion of expletives that are bouncing around inside but at least I'm using good "form". Damn, I think I just pulled a frontal lobe.
Tantum validus superstes

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Gin Master wrote:This is why it is important that we correct for before we add load, and don’t risk form for intensity.

You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

@fit: the ultimate trial by fire. They take uninjured people, charge them $150+ per month to injure them (proves how warrior they are), generates $1,000s in medical bills, months of rehab and it's NOT @FITs FAULT. It's the clients fault for being weak in the first place.

This shit is fucking brilliant.

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

WildGorillaMan wrote:
Gin Master wrote:This is why it is important that we correct for before we add load, and don’t risk form for intensity.

Picture > 1000 words
Tantum validus superstes

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

WildGorillaMan wrote:

"Pay attention, this is how the top competitors do it at the gaymes !"
Tantum validus superstes

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

As scary as that it is, I'd still hit it.
Tantum validus superstes

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

This cannot be missed from another IGx thread.
viewtopic.php?p=581701#p581701

The work of Testiclaw:
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Captain Quack wrote:This cannot be missed from another IGx thread.
viewtopic.php?p=581701#p581701

The work of Testiclaw:
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Post of the year, that was.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

Cave Canem wrote:Image

You'd hit wet dirt.
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.

Blocky_Mofo
Sarge

Post by Blocky_Mofo »

Cave Canem wrote:Image

With a baseball bat... :axe: