The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Re: The couch thread

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Testiclaw wrote:Image
Stout work, sir.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

kreator

Post by kreator »

=

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

A pic of Gl@sshole with a bottle of Safeway gin in a baby carrier would be fucking hilarious.
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Justin_P
Sarge

Post by Justin_P »

Let's see if it happens...
HQ should have revoked their franchise. CF has no business allowing these folks to be affiliated with CF. Allowing them to continue to use the CF name is the same as endorsing the behavior. Time to disassociate themselves from Apex. Yesterday.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Justin_P wrote:Let's see if it happens...
HQ should have revoked their franchise. CF has no business allowing these folks to be affiliated with CF. Allowing them to continue to use the CF name is the same as endorsing the behavior. Time to disassociate themselves from Apex. Yesterday.
Silly commentariat, @fit isn't a franchise model.
You'll Hurt Your Back

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Exactly.

I could put a sign up were I train folks saying "CROSSFIT STYLE WODS HERE!@!!!!" and because I used the word 'style', I wouldn't have to pay a dime in affiliation or certification fees.

I could run a named workout ever day, just like the unaffiliated down the road, EVERY DAY!

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Shafman wrote:Exactly.

I could put a sign up were I train folks saying "CROSSFIT STYLE WODS HERE!@!!!!" and because I used the word 'style', I wouldn't have to pay a dime in affiliation or certification fees.

I could run a named workout ever day, just like the unaffiliated down the road, EVERY DAY!
There is exactly such an operation here. It's a personal training studio in a seedy industrial strip on a busy road, and they put a signboard out on the curb that says "CROSSFIT STYLE TRAINING!!!"

Of course, I've lost count of how many @fit boxes are now operating around here so really, what's one more?
You'll Hurt Your Back

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

FRAN TODAY MOTHER FUCKERS!

BARBERA TOMORROW!

LOUISE ON TUESDAY!

Dan Martin

Post by Dan Martin »

It would seem that anyone with half a brain (although we are talking weight training not rocket surgery) would always emphasize they were not CrossFit.
Shomer Shabbos.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Dan Martin wrote:It would seem that anyone with half a brain (although we are talking weight training not rocket surgery) would always emphasize they were not CrossFit.
This isn't about training, it's about accumulating Benjamins (or Bordens, as it happens to be here) and bored, lonely cougars.
You'll Hurt Your Back

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

Captain Quack wrote: If the fetus actually makes it out...
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298227,00.html
New research shows that women who exercise intensively during their first trimester of pregnancy are 3.7 times more likely to miscarry than pregnant women who don't break a sweat, according to a report from the French news agency, AFP.
Then they can try to drop a barbell on it in new and different ways.
Note that all of the following self-reported miscarriages happened in the first trimester. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.
http://www.crossfitmom.com/forum/viewto ... f=12&t=629
Ok, since everyone on this site is pregnant, I already know what the anecdotal evidence will be. My mom, who is of course not a doctor or midwife, seems to be convinced that Crossfit (or more verbatim "those workouts you do") is the cause of me having 2 miscarriages in a 6-month period. I've had the repeat loss bloodwork done and everything was normal; I'm 26, healthy weight & body fat %, Crossfit and play soccer, eat very healthy for the most part and for the last couple months I've been eating Paleo (probably about 80% of the time - gotta have some yogurt, beer and chocolate every now and then). Really, it's baffling, and infuriating too, as I see my junk-food-junkie, couch potato friends get knocked up and have perfectly healthy pregnancies and babies.

Sorry for getting a little off-topic there...anyway, my first mc was at around 8-9 weeks, and the second was very early, around 5weeks. The first time I started doing Xfit mom workouts instead of regular Xfit at around 6 weeks or so. I don't think the super high intensity workouts so early would necessarily cause a miscarriage, but can they create a more hostile environment for the early early stages of the fetus?
Same thread...
Thank you Julie for your post!! I recently had a miscarriage and was 11 weeks along. It has been devastating to both my husband and I but everyday it gets a little better! I have been racking my brain to try and figure out why this happened to me, I'm so healthy and CF 3-4 times a week and in the last few weeks I have made sure to keep the intensity down, there may have been a couple times that I lifted a little heavy but felt fine. I have been blaming myself even though my doctor has told me over and over again (cause I can't stop asking her!) that it's nothing I have done or my workouts. It's nice to have support from other crossfitter moms! So thank you to all of you!
Much like rhabdo, how many are going unreported? Several more reported in this thread:
http://www.crossfitmom.com/forum/viewto ... =10&t=1825

http://crossfitknockedup.tumblr.com/pos ... 67/entry-1
I have been crossfitting since January 2, 2010. Growing up an athlete and involved in sports all my life through college, I was devastated by the fact that, 8 years later, I could not do a single pullup on my first day at crossfit - and that was all the motivation I needed to commit to the program. I was addicted after just the first week! The empowerment, community, and results have impacted my life in so many ways that I had not expected. It’s been an amazing year and a half!

A year and two months later, I had another shock regarding my body, but this time was a bit different……

I was pregnant.

Wow! And I was excited! My husband and I had been “trying” during the previous six months, gotten pregnant, and then quickly miscarried a couple of months later. But this pregnancy came immediately after the miscarriage, and we were thrilled to have been so blessed again.

Due to some anxiety over the previous miscarriage, we both decided that I should probably take off from crossfit during the first trimester. I had been going regularly, and I was nervous about losing my strength and cardio, but I knew this would be best for our child for now.
At least this one may have learned something.

The sharks may have another item for their lawsuit files....

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Shafman wrote:FRAN TODAY MOTHER FUCKERS!

BARBERA TOMORROW!

LOUISE ON TUESDAY!
The only girl I need to worry about right now is IRENE on Sunday !
Tantum validus superstes

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Captain Quack wrote:
Captain Quack wrote: If the fetus actually makes it out...
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298227,00.html
New research shows that women who exercise intensively during their first trimester of pregnancy are 3.7 times more likely to miscarry than pregnant women who don't break a sweat, according to a report from the French news agency, AFP.
Then they can try to drop a barbell on it in new and different ways.
Note that all of the following self-reported miscarriages happened in the first trimester. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.
http://www.crossfitmom.com/forum/viewto ... f=12&t=629
Ok, since everyone on this site is pregnant, I already know what the anecdotal evidence will be. My mom, who is of course not a doctor or midwife, seems to be convinced that Crossfit (or more verbatim "those workouts you do") is the cause of me having 2 miscarriages in a 6-month period. I've had the repeat loss bloodwork done and everything was normal; I'm 26, healthy weight & body fat %, Crossfit and play soccer, eat very healthy for the most part and for the last couple months I've been eating Paleo (probably about 80% of the time - gotta have some yogurt, beer and chocolate every now and then). Really, it's baffling, and infuriating too, as I see my junk-food-junkie, couch potato friends get knocked up and have perfectly healthy pregnancies and babies.

Sorry for getting a little off-topic there...anyway, my first mc was at around 8-9 weeks, and the second was very early, around 5weeks. The first time I started doing Xfit mom workouts instead of regular Xfit at around 6 weeks or so. I don't think the super high intensity workouts so early would necessarily cause a miscarriage, but can they create a more hostile environment for the early early stages of the fetus?
Same thread...
Thank you Julie for your post!! I recently had a miscarriage and was 11 weeks along. It has been devastating to both my husband and I but everyday it gets a little better! I have been racking my brain to try and figure out why this happened to me, I'm so healthy and CF 3-4 times a week and in the last few weeks I have made sure to keep the intensity down, there may have been a couple times that I lifted a little heavy but felt fine. I have been blaming myself even though my doctor has told me over and over again (cause I can't stop asking her!) that it's nothing I have done or my workouts. It's nice to have support from other crossfitter moms! So thank you to all of you!
Much like rhabdo, how many are going unreported? Several more reported in this thread:
http://www.crossfitmom.com/forum/viewto ... =10&t=1825

http://crossfitknockedup.tumblr.com/pos ... 67/entry-1
I have been crossfitting since January 2, 2010. Growing up an athlete and involved in sports all my life through college, I was devastated by the fact that, 8 years later, I could not do a single pullup on my first day at crossfit - and that was all the motivation I needed to commit to the program. I was addicted after just the first week! The empowerment, community, and results have impacted my life in so many ways that I had not expected. It’s been an amazing year and a half!

A year and two months later, I had another shock regarding my body, but this time was a bit different……

I was pregnant.

Wow! And I was excited! My husband and I had been “trying” during the previous six months, gotten pregnant, and then quickly miscarried a couple of months later. But this pregnancy came immediately after the miscarriage, and we were thrilled to have been so blessed again.

Due to some anxiety over the previous miscarriage, we both decided that I should probably take off from crossfit during the first trimester. I had been going regularly, and I was nervous about losing my strength and cardio, but I knew this would be best for our child for now.
At least this one may have learned something.

The sharks may have another item for their lawsuit files....
And you just gave Andrew at CA a new research topic.
Tantum validus superstes

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Christ. If you'd already had TWO miscarriages while WOD'ing, wouldn't you apply the old scientific method and STOP FUCKING WOD'ING TO BE SURE WOD'ING ISN'T KILLING YOUR BABIES???

fucking addicts
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

I like the one where she's basically saying "I do all this (supposedly!) "healthy" stuff--@F/Paleo--and my fetuses aren't making it, but the other non-@F, non-Paleo girls do just fine! What gives?!?!"

Reminds me of low-carb Jimmy Moore and high-fat-Paleo Chris Kresser both having fertility problems in their marriages...but let's not blame the diet now, shall we?

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

Captain Quack wrote:
2 miscarriages in a 6-month period.
I'm 26, healthy weight & body fat %, Crossfit and play soccer, eat very healthy for the most part and for the last couple months I've been eating Paleo (probably about 80% of the time - gotta have some yogurt, beer and chocolate every now and then).
How surprising. Aren't you supposed to cool it for a few months after a MC?
Really, it's baffling, and infuriating too, as I see my junk-food-junkie, couch potato friends get knocked up and have perfectly healthy pregnancies and babies.
Not baffling at all. This is commonly referred to as "not eating like a faggot."

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Really, it's baffling, and infuriating too, as I see my junk-food-junkie, couch potato friends get knocked up and have perfectly healthy pregnancies and babies.

Translation: I do EVERYTHING right and I KNOW I'm a better person than these fat, junk food eating pieces of crap that I surround myself with to feel better about myself. And yet they have healthy babies! Really pisses me off! I KNOW I"m better than them!!
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Danny John
Gunny

Post by Danny John »

Reading about the miscarriages bothered me at a level I can't actually explain. I seriously don't have the ability to comment save to say I can't comment on it. Stunned is the only word I can use...

Yes, I'm drunk

Post by Yes, I'm drunk »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-14576961
Why does one person die younger and another survive to old age? Lifestyle and genetic factors play a role, but argues Prof David Barker, a better predictor of future health is our birthweight and what it tells us about our development in the womb.
Like other living creatures, our own development in the womb and during infancy is moulded by our environment, in particular the nutrition we receive.

The unique person that you are was not determined at conception, but by the interplay between the genes you acquired and the nutrition you did or did not receive as you developed.

If crucial genes are not switched on during foetal development as they should be, that can permanently change the structure and function of an unborn baby for life.
The unborn baby is nourished by its mother's body. But that does not just mean what its mother eats each day. That would be far too dangerous a strategy. What she eats during pregnancy does matter.

But the baby's development depends more on the food stored in her body and on the way her body handles food, which is the product of her lifetime nutrition. This will decide her baby's health in later life.
Worth reading the full article. Very interesting.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Power magazine's dicksucking of Crossfit is terrible to behold.

davidc
Sgt. Major

Post by davidc »

Danny John wrote:Reading about the miscarriages bothered me at a level I can't actually explain. I seriously don't have the ability to comment save to say I can't comment on it. Stunned is the only word I can use...
Yeah. Not surprised there is a crossfit mom site with different workouts than regular crossfit. I noticed this caption on their site:
Important
CrossFit is a strength and intensity based fitness program.
However, during pregnancy you want to concentrate on strength and keeping your body healthy, rather than the intensity.

My guess is that this was a grassroots invention as a opposed to coming from HQ.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled people make poor decisions and reach erroneous conclusions, but their incompetence denies them the metacognitive ability to recognize their mistakes.[1] The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their ability as above average, much higher than it actually is...
Example A.

Cuz, uh, the power in OLY is all about the shrug, ya know? Here, watch my awesome wide-stance press-out form...

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

A birdy shared this with me...what a soap opera! Yes, this is the infamous Kool-Aid drinker CCTJoey getting fucked over by Lauren...
Everyone,
We wanted to write all of our friends and clients to explain about our sudden departure from Captain CrossFit and elaborate about things that have come to light since that night we received a FaceBook message letting us go. No one from Captain Crossfit ownership/management has actually ever talked with Andrea and I by phone or face-to-face. We have been held largely incommunicado as far as our relationship with Captain CrossFit with our messages left unanswered. Their silence has been deafening. Further, our hearts go out to the Trainers have been put in a very difficult position as their very ability to make a living has been put up against loyalty to Andrea and I. Several of them will know the whole truth of our betrayal, only now.

*As you read this, I ask for your patience. The following account is difficult for me to convey and the brutal actions towards my family are even harder for me to swallow.

For months Andrea and I worked tirelessly to get Captain CrossFit of it's back: preparing the space, planning the events leading up to and including the CrossFit Kids event and the 4th of July Soft Opening, putting countless hours into the Trainers so they would be ready to serve your needs, and jamming our client data into the computer system. It was a ton of extra work and time for us, besides keeping Crossfit Prescott open. We did not asked for nor did we received any compensation for the work we put in prior to the soft opening July 4th. We rolled CrossFit Prescott into Captain CrossFit expecting that our clients would be treated with respect and we would be paid the agreed upon salary per month (quite a bit less than what we made before the merger).

-The beginning of the end.

As you know... at 9:24am Wednesday, August 3rd, our son Ronin was brought into this world. The night before (Tuesday), we had just finished up working 16 days straight at Captain Crossfit due to being Lauren out of town for most of it and took several of the staff and trainers with her to the CrossFit Games. Someone needed to hold down the fort and since Andrea was not ready to pop Ronin out and most of the clients were ours from Crossfit Prescott we happily pounded out the hours with you guys.

Lauren and the staff returned from the Crossfit Games late Monday night. She sent an email out to the staff Tuesday morning that said, "Thank you so much to everyone who held down the fort while we went and got to embrace the Games this year....Again! Thank you. Everyone's continued support and hard work are perfectly fulfilling my vision".(fist bump with explosion, then dance in a circle!)
Since those shifts were mostly filled by Andrea and I, imagine our suprise later that night as we were packing to go to the hospital ....

Text message from a Captain Crossfit Trainer (who shall remain anonymous) that wrote:
"just got laurens email. If you need anything dont hesitate to ask."

I replied:
"I didn't get it. Thank you."

Then being curious, I went to computer and opened the Internet. After searching around a bit noticed a message posted on my FaceBook account from Lauren. To paraphrase, it said basically that Captain CrossFit was a project of love, passion, and joy for her. Fair enough, I can dig that. Further, the message stated that, "Our interactions are not fun for me or productive for CCF." She then wrote, "There is no need for you to come in to train in the am or for Andrea to continue working. Take time with Andrea and Magnus." She then went on to write she would pay us an amount of money (not significant) to be paid over the next 3 months to "get you through your next stage". (Notice it doesn't say "rebuild your business) She went on to write: "Much admiration and respect to you both. I am chalking this up to 2 alfas not able to gracefully duke it out. -Lauren". Ouch. I've never even raised my voice at the woman. (Also, the term "alfa" should be Alpha, which is slang term for "leader". I was the only "Alpha". Lauren is a "Zeta" with an inferiority complex and very deep pockets which temporarily buys her influence buy subsidizing their lifestyles to be around)

Upon reading the message, I texted back to the anonymous Trainer:
"Change that. I got it."

As the feeling of betrayal ran through me, I immediately showed Andrea the FACEBOOK message. (ATTENTION TO ALL MEN: THIS WAS REALLY NOT A GOOD IDEA!! Being pregnant and all...Andrea did not need this news...right then) This is a moment I have regretted cringingly, ever since and will never live down.
Idiot.

Immediately, Andrea pushed me out of the way to check and see if she could log on to the website with your personal client information. No Joy. She was locked out. Your information was taken without consent. Our accounts had been shut down as well. (Up to this point we have never been contacted about witnessing the deletion of your client data, nor any other matter related to merging CrossFit Prescott into Captain CrossFit. The ethical and perhaps legal implications of this "oversight" are huge.)

So, trying to hold it all together, I wrote an email to all of you explaining that we had been unceremoniously relieved of our positions at Captain Crossfit. As well, I told you how we were offered a "fair deal". However, it was clear to us , that all we had brought to the Captain CrossFit venture had no further value, financially or intrinsically anymore. Left in financial straits, there was to be no room for us in the gym we largely help build, or in the training experience our long held clients were to have. We were fired because Lauren's and my interactions were not "fun" for her. Absolutely devastating.

The next morning I awoke from a largely sleepless night, to prepare to go to the hospital. Rolling over in bed to give a hug to Andrea, I found her very angry and absolutely covered in tears. I held her for about 15 minutes trying to calm her down. We then talked about getting back in a positive mood for the birth, sucked up the tears, and got on with getting to the hospital. Ronin would not to be born with a cloud of anger and despair, so we pushed the weight of our emotions back.

I was to learn from many of the Trainers that later that day, while we were at the hospital for Andrea's recovery, there was a staff meeting at Captain CrossFit. The Staff was given a further explanation of our firing, and told to "down play" the incident to the clients, to act like they didn't really no what happened. Lauren further explained that Captain CrossFit needed to be her "baby" and she could not do that with me leading the crew. (I suppose that doing this with out us, but with our business and clients never seemed like an ethical delimma to her...) Later we learned she was lying to many of you asking about us, that we left Captain CrossFit. Classy.

After several teary-eyed talks over the next 6 days, Andrea and I steeled our resolve to finish what we started and get CrossFit Prescott back up and running. We kept waiting anxiously for someone from Captain Crossfit ownership/management to let all of you know what happened...to tell you that your data would be deleted at Captain CrossFit, and Andrea and I would be offered help to get Crossfit Prescott off it's back immediately. Radio silence.

Much to our chagrin, you were not notified that we were fired by anyone from Captain CrossFit. Nor were Andrea and I ever offered any help to get CrossFit Prescott back on track. We had all been used. Trying to stay positive, we then emailed all of you, the following:

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to update you all on our current status. We are not exactly sure how 2 1/2 years of hard work and sacrifice has lead us to this point, seperated from you all and our facility, but please know....we are working hard to correct this situation.
We are so very thankful for all the e-mails, visits, and encouragement from you; our clients (our friends). We hope you will continue to believe in us as we get back to doing what we do best-
1. Direct client interest.
2. Demanding love for biomechanical correctness.
3. Orthopedically sound considerations.
4. Solid programming that is properly scaled and adapted
...FOR EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU!
This situation has left us emotionally, physically, and finacially reeling.
With this in mind, I wanted to make one thing clear to all of you:
WE WILL NOT BE GOING QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT!
Our driving force now is to stay in Prescott, re-open Crossfit Prescott, and hustle to get you back as clients.
We hope to have a new facility up and running by September 1st and will keep you informed every step of the way.
THANK YOU!!
Joey and Andrea Powell
The next morning, we were informed, by email, that we would not be getting any compensation agreed to. Not the back pay we were shorted, not our "severance" pay, and not our percentages of profit were were promised when Captan CrossFit finally got over the top. (or as you know it..."the fair deal") Nothing. Apparently, this was retribution for staying here and re-opening CrossFit Prescott.

-We should have seen it coming.

There were several times that we should have seen the writing on the wall. Andrea and I were paid 20% less than what was agreed to for both of the pay periods we were employed. Several times Lauren said she would correct this "oversight " but never did. Only hours before we were let go, we were chastised by email for bringing it up.

Posts on social sights that never mentioned CrossFit Prescott, it's Clients, its Trainers or Andrea and I. No welcome message to you from Captain CrossFit as an intergal part of the venture and experience. Nothing. Just cold silence, and most of you told me all about it...daily.

At least 1/2 of you raised safety and/or competency concerns about about training with Lauren directly, with several saying "never again" would you come to the gym if she was scheduled as the lead trainer. The experienced Trainers continually raised concerns to us about her general lack biomechanical knowledge and specific disdain to apply purposeful thought into scaling and adaptation, particularly for the older, injured and/or very deconditioned clients. Since then, we continue to received home visits, phone calls, text messages and emails about these issues. We have even received anonymously forwarded internal email exchanges and FaceBook posts that show a largely uncompassionate attitude toward the clients' health/safety in the favor of poorly chosen means and methods. Intensity before competency and let the chips fall where they may, is the dominate attitude conveyed.

-"The truth shall set you free".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvp37o1jZUo

After a week and a half of holding out for a glimmer of hope that we might see an honest resolution, finally Friday, we got the truth. The accountant for Captain CrossFit confirmed that he was not cleared to pay us as was agreed. As well, a Captain CrossFit Trainer, and a friend of ours, who was acting as a "mediator" was belligerently notified by email that Andrea and I were not going to receive any compensation. The net effect: "to bad,so sad... its just business".

Stolen.

In essence we have been left with nothing from this whole event but broken promises and broken hearts. Not our business entity. Not our building. Currently...not all of you. In less than ONE MONTH: our business was "absorbed", our clients enrolled into a "Zen Planner" on cold iPads, our salaries not paid in full, we were fired, and now we will not receive our "fair deal". Yesterday I even heard the radio station CrossFit Prescott has a trade with, using our airtime exchange to advertise Captain Crossfit's Grand Opening. Looks like they were not informed either.

Our dream was stolen from us, so another person could use her deep pockets to build her dream out of our work, our Friends, our Clients, our Trainers, our referrals, our reputations, and our livelihoods. Until now, many of you have had no clue that our family was so thoughtlessly and recklessly cast aside. The standard operating procedure from Captain CrossFit ownership/management was to keep everything quiet and wait this out until Andrea and I gave up and left Prescott.

Go to http://www.captaincrossfit.com .Did you notice that neither Andrea and I, nor ANY of you for that matter, are on the website? Have you ever seen a public acknowledgement of CrossFit Prescott as the base of the Captain CrossFit venture? Guys, we were all pawns. A means to an end. You were used, just like we were. There is a lot of dark and ugly behind that Red, White, and Blue facade, that has tainted us all.

To top it off, Lauren had heard of our old building had just been leased to someone else...the day she tossed us over board. Since she never offered to help us rebuild, it goes to reason Lauren must have hoped we would "get through our next stage" by leaving Prescott altogether. (No such luck for her)

-How does this happen?

Well, honestly, I have to take the blame. I led my wife and young sons into this. I led you, our clients into this. I led our hard built business into the arms of another who "absorbed" all of us, then threw Andrea and I out within the first month. I just gave our lives away to someone who told us to "relax and trust me" and now they have walked away with everything we built. Our clients, our efforts, our contracts, even our business trades. All these used to grow their own business. I have been played a fool of the first order, who didn't even realize I was giving away everything we struggled to build for 2 years and 8 months...all for a grand total of....wait for it.... $4,800. That is it. Less than $5,000 from January through July. This error, that has left my family devastated, is mine alone and I will make it right.

At this point, most everyone has talked to us in one way or another. Many of you have been cycling throught the new gym helping us get it back up and running. Thank you. It is heartening to know that everyone is on "our side" in this. (Accept her "friends"...who just so happen to be on the posse' payroll)

-What now?

Well the nature of who she has shown herself to be, and the fact that she is an owner of CrossFit Inc., there is a very good chance that we will loose our long standing affiliation with CrossFit. This would be no suprise to us at this point.

So, after yet another talk with my wife, we are filled with resolve. We are committed rebuilding CrossFit Prescott. We are here not for what you can help us achieve, rather what we can help you achieve. We hope you will be coming along with us as we get going again. Our success was based soley from your trust and we aim to keep it.

PRAXIS STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING (AKA: CROSSFIT PRESCOTT)
"LONG TERM VALUES.... FOR A SHORT TERM WORLD"
(Big "Thank You" to Jennie R. for the fitting new motto!),

Joey

*Praxis- Greek for "to do": The exercise or practice of an art or skill. The work we embrace, wrestle, absorb into the cells of our bodies and contiually seek to define even while it more readily defines us -- is our praxis
-Joseph Lavy

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

As you know... at 9:24am Wednesday, August 3rd, our son Ronin was brought into this world
Whatever happened to this asswipe, it wasn't bad enough. Poor kid.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

Say goodnight Joey - you fucking simpleton. I told you 2 years ago this was gonna happen.