The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Re: The couch thread

Post by TerryB »

WildGorillaMan wrote:Some totally unwarranted haterizing here. The second pic is a perfect example of the Russian-style Olympic press, circa 1967. Note the knee bend and hip drive. Classic execution.

Proto, I'm surprised at you.
She's leaning away from the bar rather than leaning into the bar.

Beginner mistake!
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

kreator

Post by kreator »

WildGorillaMan wrote:Some totally unwarranted haterizing here. The second pic is a perfect example of the Russian-style Olympic press, circa 1967. Note the knee bend and hip drive. Classic execution.

Proto, I'm surprised at you.

I thought it was a "snatch" event? Or if they are doing presses, why does she have a snatch grip?
Only Klokov can press with a snatch grip.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

kreator wrote:Only Klokov can press with a snatch grip.
Ol' One-Eyed Ern would disagree with you, and I"m pretty sure he eats 2-3 crossfitters for breakfast each day.

BigAngry
Corporal

Post by BigAngry »

"We had a super-cool event at our box on Saturday with retired Navy SEAL Larry Yacht! He was on SEAL Team 3 and has since started a tactical self-defense program, Sealed Mindset, focusing on real life scenarios and the skills to keep you and your family safe. He is actually Level 1 certified from back in the day when (Coach) Glassman was teaching the L1 certs and is a huge fan of CrossFit still today.

On Saturday we brought him in to teach our athletes the basics of how to handle a firearm and incorporated it into a WOD. Most of the people who attended had never touched a gun! We love introducing our athletes to new things, especially skills that get people outside of their comfort zone!" -- Jason Massie, CrossFit Sisu (MN)

Holy fuck.... Are you kidding me? I bet their insurance company does not know about this, nor cover it. There is no way you would catch me in one of these stupid boxes doing asinine workouts and on top of that, letting some ass-monkey soccer mom or liberal arts graduate aim a gun at me from behind. I don't care if some ex-special forces guy says its unloaded. Accidents happen. Trained operators and professionals make mistakes. And said ex-special forces guy obviously has his head up his ass trying to be all cool for the MILFs. Although, I should not be too upset, as this would be a way to thin out the herd and keep these idiots from reproducing.
"when you walk thru the garden, you better watch your back..."

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Post by Crust Bucket »

BWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......

They all forgot their hats.

syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage

Moku_Nui
Corporal

Post by Moku_Nui »

Turdacious wrote:
johno wrote:Bad things happen when your fire truck is yellow.
Now we know why fire trucks don't have trailer hitches.
Let's just say that a trailer hitch on a fire truck serves a purpose. My experiences include using it for pulling a rescue watercraft (tech name for jet ski) trailer to respond to open ocean calls.

Poor fireman in the video, his landing was worse than his jump.
I ain't gonna lie to you, this ice cream is delicious.

Jay

Post by Jay »

I once unsheathed an unloaded gun in the house in the presence of other people where the barrel may or may not have swept slightly past people by mistake....

After a smack in the face by my dad, that never happened again.

Sassenach
ironslinger

Post by Sassenach »

I was once at an @fit box where some cock knocker had a glock in his waistband while attempting kipping muscle ups. Gun then fell out on the floor.
Kazuya Mishima wrote:they can pry the bacon from my cold dead hand.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

This is good training. What if you're playing wallball and suddenly, an intruder appears!

You need to be able to draw down and still get a good WOD time

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

Or if you are sitting reading on the toilet?Mmmmm,tactical toilet wod for time?
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Testiclaw

Post by Testiclaw »

Jay wrote:I once unsheathed an unloaded gun in the house in the presence of other people where the barrel may or may not have swept slightly past people by mistake....

After a smack in the face by my dad, that never happened again.
Same with my Godfather; he told me if I ever pointed a gun at anything, even if it was only a barrel while cleaning, he'd break my face.
My cousin is a redheaded german-mexican, we call him a beanerschnitzel

Moku_Nui
Corporal

Post by Moku_Nui »

Kroc Center runs a box out of their box. It's "state of the art".

I'll be by the pool, if you need a spotter. LMAO!
I ain't gonna lie to you, this ice cream is delicious.

raptor
Corporal

Post by raptor »

Jay

Post by Jay »

Not many people are going to be interested enough to watch an 11 min long video on fucking @fit here...

summary please

raptor
Corporal

Post by raptor »

Jay wrote:Not many people are going to be interested enough to watch an 11 min long video on fucking @fit here...

summary please
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viQnHOXyqEg
Wow, this guy is a massive wanker.
4 years.

No traps.

No arms.

Probably no chest.

That form.

Wrecked the wall.

Kicked out twice.

"I'm the one that makes the great atmosphere here"

Crossfit. Not even once.
WHAT

A

TWAT
Claims 560 lb dl, doesn't show any dl. 10% bodyfat lost in 2 months, made me lol. Kipping dips. The list goes on. What a cunt.
Holy hell that guy is an asshole. This is pretty much a 12 minute subtle brag. What the fuck, dude? Get your shit together.
Did he seriously say a guy got fired for doing his job? Just because you we're acting like a fucking moron caring dumbbells above your head and hit a wall a guy got fired for kicking you out?

Jesus fucking christ.
This fag is so full of himself. ''I deadlifted 520 this morning...this guy keeps calling me a hero...i suck massive cocks for a living, etc.''

Bitch, you look like you never lifted more than a 20lbs DB in your entire life, gtfo
what a joke, his physique is far from impressive, awful, just awful form, enjoy your back/knee/shoulder problems in your old age, his stupidity knows no boundaries
"he calls me hero, that makes me work harder"

Well the rest of the gym calls you cock donkey.....

so....
kipping dips.......
you are the biggest douche ever. "davids corner" lmfao , people stay away from you because they dont want to fucking talk to you

Jay

Post by Jay »

That summary says it all

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

I think I saw this before but I tried again and got to about 3:45 when I almost put my fist through the screen to grab his fucking throat. There's gotta be a picture of this guy in the dictionary next to douchebag.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Kh7nLplWo[/youtube]
Tantum validus superstes

tzg
Gunny

Post by tzg »

I like how, in the first 20 seconds, they show pictures of a bunch of people that look like they're in a lot better shape than him. They're the guys who bring the atmosphere. I skipped around a few times because I wouldn't ever watch that whole thing. I saw his pathetic cleans, his weaksauce dips (kipped partials? how is that better than what the bros are doing? it's arguably worse, since the bros look like they lift at least...)...

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

BigAngry wrote:Image

"We had a super-cool event at our box on Saturday with retired Navy SEAL Larry Yacht! He was on SEAL Team 3 and has since started a tactical self-defense program, Sealed Mindset, focusing on real life scenarios and the skills to keep you and your family safe. He is actually Level 1 certified from back in the day when (Coach) Glassman was teaching the L1 certs and is a huge fan of CrossFit still today.

On Saturday we brought him in to teach our athletes the basics of how to handle a firearm and incorporated it into a WOD. Most of the people who attended had never touched a gun! We love introducing our athletes to new things, especially skills that get people outside of their comfort zone!" -- Jason Massie, CrossFit Sisu (MN)

Holy fuck.... Are you kidding me? I bet their insurance company does not know about this, nor cover it. There is no way you would catch me in one of these stupid boxes doing asinine workouts and on top of that, letting some ass-monkey soccer mom or liberal arts graduate aim a gun at me from behind. I don't care if some ex-special forces guy says its unloaded. Accidents happen. Trained operators and professionals make mistakes. And said ex-special forces guy obviously has his head up his ass trying to be all cool for the MILFs. Although, I should not be too upset, as this would be a way to thin out the herd and keep these idiots from reproducing.

If some asshat pulled a gun out at Stroud's the beating would be epic. Not to mention the crossfire.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

On Drywall's FB:

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

WORLD. RECORDS. LOL

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Yes I Have Balls wrote:WORLD. RECORDS. LOL
It was the inevitable outcome of the last couple of generations' kids getting trophies for "participation". Now everyone can hold some sort of WR for exercising.
Tantum validus superstes

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

Cave Canem wrote:
Yes I Have Balls wrote:WORLD. RECORDS. LOL
It was the inevitable outcome of the last couple of generations' kids getting trophies for "participation". Now everyone can hold some sort of WR for exercising.
My daughter and her friend hold the world record in throwing the trak-ball across the street without dropping it. Is that the same thing?

meatfish
Recruit

Post by meatfish »

'The Sport of Androgyny Has Arrived' more like

meatfish
Recruit

Post by meatfish »

protobuilder wrote:
Ol' One-Eyed Ern would disagree with you, and I"m pretty sure he eats 2-3 crossfitters for breakfast each day.
What happened to Beef? Is he still sulking? He had some good info on the P&B about overhead lifting