WSJ: Hillary Will Run Again

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

WSJ: Hillary Will Run Again

Post by Fat Cat »

Get ready for Hillary Clinton 4.0. More than 30 years in the making, this new version of Mrs. Clinton, when she runs for president in 2020, will come full circle—back to the universal-health-care-promoting progressive firebrand of 1994. True to her name, Mrs. Clinton will fight this out until the last dog dies. She won’t let a little thing like two stunning defeats stand in the way of her claim to the White House.

Claims of a Russian conspiracy and the unfairness of the Electoral College shielded Mrs. Clinton from ever truly conceding she had lost. She was robbed, she told herself, yet again. But after two years of brooding—including at book length—Mrs. Clinton has come unbound. She will not allow this humiliating loss at the hands of an amateur to end the story of her career. You can expect her to run for president once again. Maybe not at first, when the legions of Senate Democrats make their announcements, but definitely by the time the primaries are in full swing.

Mrs. Clinton has a 75% approval rating among Democrats, an unfinished mission to be the first female president, and a personal grievance against Mr. Trump, whose supporters pilloried her with chants of “Lock her up!” This must be avenged.

Expect Hillary 4.0 to come out swinging. She has decisively to win those Iowa caucus-goers who have never warmed up to her. They will see her now as strong, partisan, left-leaning and all-Democrat—the one with the guts, experience and steely-eyed determination to defeat Mr. Trump. She has had two years to go over what she did wrong and how to take him on again.

The generation of Democrats who have been waiting to take over the party from the Clintons will be fuming that she is back and stealing their show. But they revealed themselves to be bungling amateurs in the Brett Kavanaugh nomination fight, with their laughable Spartacus moments. She will trounce them. Just as Mr. Trump cleared the field, Mrs. Clinton will take down rising Democratic stars like bowling pins. Mike Bloomberg will support her rather than run, and Joe Biden will never be able to take her on.

Don’t pay much attention to the “I won’t run” declarations. Mrs. Clinton knows both Mr. Clinton and Mr. Obama declared they weren’t running, until they ran. She may even skip Iowa and enter the race later, but rest assured that, one way or another, Hillary 4.0 is on the way.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hillary-wi ... 1541963599
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Re: WSJ: Hillary Will Run Again

Post by syaigh »

God help us.

I'm a democrat, a moderate, but a democrat. And this is the dumbest idea I have ever heard. She is un-electable. And if by some act of God she won, it would make the nation even more divided.

We need a moderate to run against Trump. Its our only chance.

And for fuck's sake, if a moderate Republican ran against him in the primaries, I'd be so goddamned happy and probably switch my party affiliation and vote for said moderate in the primary and general election.
Last edited by syaigh on Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

^^^Agreed. The Democratic Party needs a Harry Truman, not a Dilma Rousseff.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

A million repubs simultaneously spackled their monitors reading that article
Don’t believe everything you think.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

This would be a monumental contribution to making Trump a two-term président.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

This.
syaigh wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:01 pm God help us.

I'm a democrat, a moderate, but a democrat. And this is the dumbest idea I have ever heard. She is un-electable. And if by some act of God she won, it would make the nation even more divided.

We need a moderate to run against Trump. Its our only chance.

And for fuck's sake, if a moderate Republican ran against him in the primaries, I'd be so goddamned happy and probably switch my party affiliation and vote for said moderate in the primary and general election.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Mark Penn does not have insider knawledge. 0% chance Hillary would be nominated again.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:09 amMark Penn does not have insider knawledge. 0% chance Hillary would be nominated again.
I voted for her in two primaries and one general, and I want someone else.

The piece is an opinion piece, right? Not reportage?
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

Which one would more surely guarantee a Republican victory: a Clinton or Avenatti candidacy? Astounding that theoretically professional political writers wrote pieces saying he should run. Well, I say professional; it was Slate.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

To win the nomination you have to be able to run a campaign, appeal you moderates at least a little, and fundraise like a mofo. Bubba, Obama, and the pantsuited one could do all three. Is there anyone on the way side of the aisle who can besides Hilary?
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

538 just did a 2020 “draft” of most likely nominees, and Hillary’s name didn’t come up in a list that went all the way down to the mayor of South Bend.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

vern

Post by vern »

Yeah, the democrats will not allow her to get the nomination again.

They cut the nuts off of the superdelegates so it will be harder for the Clintons to rig it this go round.
“Wherever the crowd goes, run the other direction. They’re always wrong.” Bukowski

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:04 am 538 just did a 2020 “draft” of most likely nominees, and Hillary’s name didn’t come up in a list that went all the way down to the mayor of South Bend.
That’s probably where Bubba would have polled in 1990 to be fair. And it really isn’t fair to say Hillary bribed the DNC during the election, she was just the only candidate who promised to, and was able to, bail their broke asses out. The only more effective fundraiser they’ve had recently is Trump
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:04 am 538 just did a 2020 “draft” of most likely nominees, and Hillary’s name didn’t come up in a list that went all the way down to the mayor of South Bend.
Who did, out of curiosity? I'm guessing Bernie and Biden had to be on that list?.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Fat Cat wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:33 pm
Who did, out of curiosity? I'm guessing Bernie and Biden had to be on that list?.
It's a game they do where various contributors literally pick names like a draft, and they got like 12-15 names deep so it was the usual down to "who?" Also, not "who do you want to win" but "who do you think will secure the nomination." Biden was high on the list, Bernie had dipped somewhat. Kamela Harris, Beto, etc.. Cory Booker and Gillebrand were further down.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Interesting, thanks.