One of The Best Voices of All Time, Gone

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Beer Jew
Sgt. Major

Re: One of The Best Voices of All Time, Gone

Post by Beer Jew »

At least she'll be reunited with her career now.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

You have to give Whitney Houston credit where credit is due. She won an impressive six Grammys in fourteen years.

Slightly less impressive was her recent attempt at six grams in fourteen minutes.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Post by Crust Bucket »

Nothing says Black history month better than being history yourself.
syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

Whitney Houston couldn't carry Ella Fitzgerald's purse. Everrone goan die.

Thatcher II

Post by Thatcher II »

So Baffled, I went looking for this SNL clip you raved about. Couldn't find it, but found this mash with MJ and it's actually pretty clever and I bet it gets played a bit now:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iu9atuc8tE[/youtube]

(QJ, you would hate this being so fabulously hetero and all.)
It's great to be first at last

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

I said Letterman, not SNL:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyysDOc4TI4[/youtube]

I don't even like the music, but holy shit. Letterman looked like he didn't even know what to do. edit: Of course, it could be he didn't know how to interact with a young black woman on his show in 1985.

Having an uncle who had overdosed once that we know of and then cashed in when he was, I think, 55 from what we think was just hard living catching up to him, I can only imagine the roller coaster her family was on. Tough.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Thatcher II

Post by Thatcher II »

baffled wrote:I said Letterman, not SNL:

I don't even like the music, but holy shit. Letterman looked like he didn't even know what to do. edit: Of course, it could be he didn't know how to interact with a young black woman on his show in 1985.

Having an uncle who had overdosed once that we know of and then cashed in when he was, I think, 55 from what we think was just hard living catching up to him, I can only imagine the roller coaster her family was on. Tough.
Cheers, Baffled. That's pretty good shit. Really not my cup of tea, but she had a good voice.

Yeah, LOL at Letterman at the end, the old horndog. She looked stunning in the clip - I'd say she was other-worldly in the flesh in her prime. Would stop a room. Did a bit of modelling. And isn't that Paul Schaeffer guy still intensely fucking annoying even in the background, nearly 30 years ago. God I wish he'd just retire.

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Gorbachev wrote:
baffled wrote:I said Letterman, not SNL:

Cheers, Baffled. That's pretty good shit. Really not my cup of tea, but she had a good voice.

Yeah, LOL at Letterman at the end, the old horndog. She looked stunning in the clip - I'd say she was other-worldly in the flesh in her prime. Would stop a room. Did a bit of modelling. And isn't that Paul Schaeffer guy still intensely fucking annoying even in the background, nearly 30 years ago. God I wish he'd just retire.
Indeed. :partyman:

Concur that Schaeffer needs to disappear.
- Buck Brannaman

Jay

Post by Jay »

She dug her own grave and its a damn shame... Bobby Brown was the beginning of the end

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

For all of us.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Fat Cat wrote:For all of us.
=D> =D> =D>
- Buck Brannaman

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

423418_10150540326080877_695020876_9292683_1829899634_n.jpg
423418_10150540326080877_695020876_9292683_1829899634_n.jpg (16.21 KiB) Viewed 5522 times
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

chi

Post by chi »

The need for this thread, let alone two pages, is beyond me. Bitches be crazy, end of story.
I'd say on the bottom of that self-actualisation pyramid shit, proper decent coffee is in there with wifi, tits, food and shelter

Thatcher II

Post by Thatcher II »

And 4,000 deaths of US forces does not "equal" 100,000+ (conservative) civilian deaths in Iraq since 2003. Guess that's inconvenient to "the greatest [country] of all"...

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

Gorbachev wrote:And 4,000 deaths of US forces does not "equal" 100,000+ (conservative) civilian deaths in Iraq since 2003. Guess that's inconvenient to "the greatest [country] of all"...

Shut up Island boy and go get one of your betters a cocktail.It takes 10,000 Jawas to be near equal to the value of an American. it takes 20,000 to be worth the value of an American GI. Even the most useless of Americans, the kind you see on Maury Povitch contribute more to the world through consumerism alone than your average Jawa does.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

I did not expect this thread to jump the shark like this. Surprised it took til the second page, but didn't see this coming.
- Buck Brannaman

Thatcher II

Post by Thatcher II »

DARTH wrote:
Gorbachev wrote:And 4,000 deaths of US forces does not "equal" 100,000+ (conservative) civilian deaths in Iraq since 2003. Guess that's inconvenient to "the greatest [country] of all"...

Shut up Island boy and go get one of your betters a cocktail.It takes 10,000 Jawas to be near equal to the value of an American. it takes 20,000 to be worth the value of an American GI. Even the most useless of Americans, the kind you see on Maury Povitch contribute more to the world through consumerism alone than your average Jawa does.
"Island boy!"? You take that back, you bit pooper head. I mean it. I don't have to take that guff from you.

Listen up, shit for brains. My forebears had the gumption to stick around the Olde Worlde. They had the political sense not to get hung up on a bullshit religion and lose everything for it. They had the smarts to go with the flow. They didn't jump onto a fucking coffin ship and sail for the unknown like a bunch of hopeless, romantic, loser-spastics. They didn't arrive in the new shores and fuck the "red man" or hunt him like the panther and the beaver. They didn't commit genocide and laugh about it. They haven't developed a way of talking that is at once intensely annoying and whiney, which necessarily seems to reduce the vocabulary of anyone infected with its virus and that uses a questioning intonation so frequently it has lost any meaning. Since then they haven't robbed black culture and called it their own. They haven't got the largest carbon footprint in the history of the world and they're not persisting with a way of life that is utterly unsustainable. Nor are they in denial that exploitation of natural resources has to hit a wall at some point. They don't eat shit, calling it food. They don't waddle around in tents, making calls on "cell phones" and being a nuisance in every airport in the world. They have not become circus fat on an industrial scale. They didn't go on to get attacked by Al Qaeda and look for a coalition of the willing to invade the wrong country - twice. They haven't enraged Arab opinion in the ME by consistently siding with Israel and blocking all attempts by the UN to get a reasonable settlement. They haven't set up an international system of disappearance and torture that further enrages the Arab world. More than 10% of them hold passports. I'll stop there.

Zombomatic

Post by Zombomatic »

baffled wrote:I did not expect this thread to jump the shark like this. Surprised it took til the second page, but didn't see this coming.
Come on...it's IGX.

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Zombomatic wrote:
baffled wrote:I did not expect this thread to jump the shark like this. Surprised it took til the second page, but didn't see this coming.
Come on...it's IGX.
I expected it to be more racist.
- Buck Brannaman

Thatcher II

Post by Thatcher II »

Zombomatic wrote:
Come on...it's IGX.
This thread has the potential to hit 100 pages. If we are serious about our work, the fact that it started out being about Whitney Houston will end up as an historical footnote.

I'll tell you another thing that gets on my goat. People in gyms who walk too close to you when you're doing your set. You're there doing your burpee thruster pull ups and some dickhead walks past, practically grazing your hands with his fat feet as you're flopping down.

More on that later.

And Baffled - the biggest racist of them all - decrying the lack of white supremacy bullshit on a thread HE started about Whitney Houston. You disgust me.

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

I'm the biggest racist of all?
- Buck Brannaman

Thatcher II

Post by Thatcher II »

baffled wrote:I'm the biggest racist of all?
If you define "racist" in a particular way, you are out on your own. In fact, what you just typed - that interrogatory, breezy query about something as serious as racism, shows your true colours. I'm surprised someone hasn't started a thread or a poll about your racism up to this point.

CharlieBob
Sarge

Post by CharlieBob »

Gorbachev wrote: "Island boy!"? You take that back, you bit pooper head. I mean it. I don't have to take that guff from you.

Listen up, shit for brains. My forebears had the gumption to stick around the Olde Worlde. They had the political sense not to get hung up on a bullshit religion and lose everything for it. They had the smarts to go with the flow. They didn't jump onto a fucking coffin ship and sail for the unknown like a bunch of hopeless, romantic, loser-spastics. They didn't arrive in the new shores and fuck the "red man" or hunt him like the panther and the beaver. They didn't commit genocide and laugh about it. They haven't developed a way of talking that is at once intensely annoying and whiney, which necessarily seems to reduce the vocabulary of anyone infected with its virus and that uses a questioning intonation so frequently it has lost any meaning. Since then they haven't robbed black culture and called it their own. They haven't got the largest carbon footprint in the history of the world and they're not persisting with a way of life that is utterly unsustainable. Nor are they in denial that exploitation of natural resources has to hit a wall at some point. They don't eat shit, calling it food. They don't waddle around in tents, making calls on "cell phones" and being a nuisance in every airport in the world. They have not become circus fat on an industrial scale. They didn't go on to get attacked by Al Qaeda and look for a coalition of the willing to invade the wrong country - twice. They haven't enraged Arab opinion in the ME by consistently siding with Israel and blocking all attempts by the UN to get a reasonable settlement. They haven't set up an international system of disappearance and torture that further enrages the Arab world. More than 10% of them hold passports. I'll stop there.

There is so much irony in this post I cannot even begin to comment on it....

You are either one of the most retarded people ever, or this is a terrible attempt at a trolling.

I hope for your sake it is a trolling attempt.
"I swear by my life and by my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine"

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

baffled wrote:There was an Etta James thread, wasn't there?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=220205&hilit=etta+james
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Funny, but messed up.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule