Mak! Now you can be just like Don Draper!

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Mak! Now you can be just like Don Draper!

Post by Shapecharge »

Much love bro.

Beer Jew
Sgt. Major

Re: Mak! Now you can be just like Don Draper!

Post by Beer Jew »

Don Draper is fucking awesome.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Who is Don Draper?
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

bigpeach
Buttnugget McTwistynutz

Post by bigpeach »

Apparently an awesome someone.

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Only one of the coolest dudes in the whole world if you could go back to the 60's. He's one of the main characters in AMC's "Mad Men." A very very good show by the way.

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Draper is a fag.

He's a stand in for baby boomers hate towards their fathers. The whole show is designed as guilty pleasure for uptight, politically correct, baby boomer douchebags. They can watch the show and disapprove of all the backward ass 1950 1960 morals, trends etc, and also have their Lilly white opinions of their parents generation (racists, hypocrits, sexists, etc.) reinforced; all while enjoying the decade that was cooler and just downright better than the decades afterwards.

Selling the idea that past generations were a bunch of hypocrits is the key to whole fucking show. The ironic twist is people were much happier in the 1960s than they are today.

You want 1960 cool, watch Frank Sinatra and Lee Marvin Movies from that decade.
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Batboy2/75 wrote:Draper is a fag.

He's a stand in for baby boomers hate towards their fathers. The whole show is designed as guilty pleasure for uptight, politically correct, baby boomer douchebags. They can watch the show and disapprove of all the backward ass 1950 1960 morals, trends etc, and also have their Lilly white opinions of their parents generation (racists, hypocrits, sexists, etc.) reinforced; all while enjoying the decade that was cooler and just downright better than the decades afterwards.

Selling the idea that past generations were a bunch of hypocrits is the key to whole fucking show. The ironic twist is people were much happier in the 1960s than they are today.

=D> =D> =D>
Yes, its just reverse psychology promotion of political correctness, feminism, and liberalism in general, while still giving the people what they want in sex, drinking, drama, etc. Same with that shitty Pan Am show my wife likes. Sadly, all TV, except sometimes sports, is brainwashing.

Beer Jew
Sgt. Major

Post by Beer Jew »

Brainwashing? Are you fags serious? It's a fucking TV show. Watch it for entertainment. That's it.

Don Drapers cool, and he's also a fictional TV character. No need to get your panties in such a muddle.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

LOL, No shit you watch it for entertainment dipshit. Nobody sits down to watch a show and says "now for some good old brainwashing and subconsious value shifting!". You're probably just mad BB called your boy a fag. BTW, how is quitting smoking going? Nevermind LOL

Beer Jew
Sgt. Major

Post by Beer Jew »

It's going great. I quit, and then decided that wasn't enough, so I quit quitting.

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Batt WTF? Usually I can see where you're coming from but you are fucking way off. I love the show. All of them, well the men at least, are complicated, damaged, lost souls. Fuck that, the women are too. He reminds me of my father. I embrace the show, it's a flawless representation of that period and you've got issues if you don't think Draper is coolest of the fucking cool. You can't run it down without watching the fucking thing. You should have seen the episode last season where they took a meeting with Honda...yeah, Honda in 1963. One of the principals of the firm, Roger, who's character was a destroyer captain in WW2, for lack of a better term, goes fucking apeshit. He hasn't forgotten anything and is in no mood to forgive. If you'd seen that there's no fucking way you'd say what you've said about the show. I'm just gonna chalk this up to you being on your period and forget it.

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Shapecharge wrote:Batt WTF? Usually I can see where you're coming from but you are fucking way off. I love the show. All of them, well the men at least, are complicated, damaged, lost souls. Fuck that, the women are too. He reminds me of my father. I embrace the show, it's a flawless representation of that period and you've got issues if you don't think Draper is coolest of the fucking cool. You can't run it down without watching the fucking thing. You should have seen the episode last season where they took a meeting with Honda...yeah, Honda in 1963. One of the principals of the firm, Roger, who's character was a destroyer captain in WW2, for lack of a better term, goes fucking apeshit. He hasn't forgotten anything and is in no mood to forgive. If you'd seen that there's no fucking way you'd say what you've said about the show. I'm just gonna chalk this up to you being on your period and forget it.

You can't see The forest through the trees.
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

I don't care what it may represent to others--all I know is when I watch it, the show makes me time travel a bit. I'm older than you. I'm a child of the 60's and that show brings back memories long since forgotten...the furniture, the clothes, mannerisms. Fuck, Draper and the Sterling have said pieces of dialog I swear I've heard my own father say. The show is nothing short of greatness and I think it's some of the best stuff I've ever seen on television. I just don't see where you're coming from so on this one my brother we're just going to have to disagree.

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Shapecharge wrote:I don't care what it may represent to others--all I know is when I watch it, the show makes me time travel a bit. I'm older than you. I'm a child of the 60's and that show brings back memories long since forgotten...the furniture, the clothes, mannerisms. Fuck, Draper and the Sterling have said pieces of dialog I swear I've heard my own father say. The show is nothing short of greatness and I think it's some of the best stuff I've ever seen on television. I just don't see where you're coming from so on this one my brother we're just going to have to disagree.

To each his own.

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

Batboy2/75 wrote:
Shapecharge wrote:I don't care what it may represent to others--all I know is when I watch it, the show makes me time travel a bit. I'm older than you. I'm a child of the 60's and that show brings back memories long since forgotten...the furniture, the clothes, mannerisms. Fuck, Draper and the Sterling have said pieces of dialog I swear I've heard my own father say. The show is nothing short of greatness and I think it's some of the best stuff I've ever seen on television. I just don't see where you're coming from so on this one my brother we're just going to have to disagree.

To each his own.
And another thing Batts, WWII Rangers were way tougher and better than the Rangers of today and when you were in your pussy outfit. Why? Because they learned gymnastics and trained with Indian Clubs from the time they were 3 years old. That's why.
Obama's narcissism and arrogance is only superseded by his naivete and stupidity.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

Shapecharge wrote:Image
Fuck Yeah!

although I see where Bats is coming from here, as to some of the writters intentions like many things Libs do trying to poke fun at the rest of us it backfires and shows how much cooler these typs were than the douchbags in suits these days.

It's like a bumper sticker I used to have. It said "Guns don't kill people... they just make it real easy." now this was ment by Libs asa anti gun but to me it was more like "It makes it easier to kill people,so what's yout probloem Fag?"

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves »

Batboy2/75 wrote:Draper is a fag.

Absolutely true, but it's just so well done I want to applaud at the end of every episode.

Awesome critique. You should dig up some of the old "Joe Bob Briggs" columns (or read "Iron Joe Bob" and "The Cosmic Wisdom Of Joe Bob Briggs" - you'd find a lot to agree with. Some of it is snort-milk-out-of-your-nose funny, too.
"I also think training like a Navy S.E.A.L. is stupid for the average person. I would say PT like an infantry unit, run, body weight stuff, hump a little, a little weights and enjoy life if you are not training for specifics." -tough old man