Will they ever leave Lance Armstrong alone?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Andy83
Sgt. Major

Will they ever leave Lance Armstrong alone?

Post by Andy83 »

Anti Doping Agency sucks donkey dick! If I was he, I'd take all the medals and trophies, dump them on their executive big important desk and say here. stick them up your million times cock penetrated assholes already.
Obama's narcissism and arrogance is only superseded by his naivete and stupidity.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Will they ever leave Lance Armstrong alone?

Post by TerryB »

go back to sleep
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Topic author
Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

protobuilder wrote:go back to sleep
I will when you put yourself to sleep permanently.
Obama's narcissism and arrogance is only superseded by his naivete and stupidity.

Jay

Post by Jay »

When the evidence is all over the place they shouldn't leave him alone. Or maybe the world is out to get a cancer survivor who all of a sudden comes from chemo to win a shitload of bike races in the most grueling race in the world.

I assume that most sprinter and top cyclists are on the gear, he is one of them.

Sent from my iPhone because I can

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Personally I've rolled the whole Lance thing around in my head quite a bit and I just can't come up with much of an opinion that could stand up to an argument. A large part of me wants to give him a pass. I realize the notion that his foundation has done so much good in the world and it would most likely suffer if he has to chuck it all is lame and totally unrelated to the particular matter at hand. But man I sure dug his tenacity and his huge middle finger to the establishment that appeared to turn it's back on him when he was battling the big C. But then that other part me feels for some dude, fuck there has to be at least one, right?, who didn't take one fucking thing. All he did was ride the bike and he's got shit for it.

And, have we not come to the general conclusion that if Lance wasn't such a self-absorbed, controlling, enormous prick, he wouldn't be in this situation?

Topic author
Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

Maybe the chemo is "performance enhancing". Maybe broccoli and carrots. They should do more scientifical research right there. Do you honestly give a shit?

Jay

Post by Jay »

Andy78 wrote:Maybe the chemo is "performance enhancing". Maybe broccoli and carrots. They should do more scientifical research right there. Do you honestly give a shit?
Not really. But taking drugs in a sport with a stringent anti-drug policy and who have banned multiple cyclists for disregarding that policy means someone cares.

--- Sent from my iPhone because I can

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Earlier Monday, before the motion was dismissed, USADA chief executive Travis Tygart described Armstrong’s lawsuit as "without merit." USADA, stating it had testimony from 10 anonymous cyclists and new, but unrevealed analysis of blood tests from 2009-10, filed formal charges against Armstrong on June 28.

Armstrong’s complaint stated that: USADA lacks jurisdiction to investigate and penalize Armstrong. It said that any investigation must come from the International Cycling Union, based upon language in the annual licenses each rider signs. The UCI’s main office is in Switzerland, and the motion says that the cycling union has indicated no plans to pursue a case against Armstrong, who retired from the sport in February 2011.

The blood screens from 2009-10 that were collected and analyzed by the UCI showed no irregularities and that the results were posted on its website and those maintained by Armstrong and his team. The blood then was discarded and is no longer available to be tested.
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/othe ... ion=recent

I claim no true knowledges on the actual procedures and rules-- but this stinks like a bureaucrat trying to make his career at Armstrong's expense.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

so much fuss over bicycling

Topic author
Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

What would you like to talk about proto. Obviously there' something you're hiding. Cock sucking? What?

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

You can always count on an old person to tell the World Anti-Doping Agency to get off Lance Armstrong's lawn.

Jay

Post by Jay »

Turdacious wrote:

I claim no true knowledges on the actual procedures and rules-- but this stinks like a bureaucrat trying to make his career at Armstrong's expense.
I think there is a lot more to it than that. Too many witnesses and testimony to just ignore.

If the UCI missed something and the USADA caught something it's still punishable.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Jay wrote:
Turdacious wrote:

I think there is a lot more to it than that. Too many witnesses and testimony to just ignore.

If the UCI missed something and the USADA caught something it's still punishable.

These three things are true:

Lance doped. No one truly committed to winning in Cycling doesn't dope.

This guy is making his career in a corrupted and shite process.

Dick Pound is a piece of shit named Dick Pound
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Thatcher II

Post by Thatcher II »

Is it cheating if every other competitor is doing it, the teams, sponsors and managers encourage it an everyone on the inside of the sport knows it? I don't think that's "pure" cheating. It's being ultra-competitive, stepping up and taking risks with your body and reputation. Being skilled, prudent and effective in doping is as much a skill as descending an Alpine pass. Pretending that it's black and white and "drug takers are all cheats" misses these realities.

The fact he is American is significant and means he struggles to get a fair hearing. Many "witnesses" are really plea-bargainers. Pinch of salt territory.

And Jay, Armstrong was the youngest world champ ever and youngest winner of a stage in the Tour for a long time and a top pro triathlete at 15 all before cancer so think again about "coming from nowhere". He was always marked for great things.
It's great to be first at last

Jay

Post by Jay »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
These three things are true:

Lance doped. No one truly committed to winning in Cycling doesn't dope.

This guy is making his career in a corrupted and shite process.

Dick Pound is a piece of shit named Dick Pound
I don't know. He caught a lot of shit for verbally blasting Marion jones and it turned out he was dead ass right.

He's a big mouth and he goes after you but he isn't far from the truth.

Jay

Post by Jay »

Gorbachev wrote:Is it cheating if every other competitor is doing it, the teams, sponsors and managers encourage it an everyone on the inside of the sport knows it? I don't think that's "pure" cheating. It's being ultra-competitive, stepping up and taking risks with your body and reputation. Being skilled, prudent and effective in doping is as much a skill as descending an Alpine pass. Pretending that it's black and white and "drug takers are all cheats" misses these realities.

The fact he is American is significant and means he struggles to get a fair hearing. Many "witnesses" are really plea-bargainers. Pinch of salt territory.

And Jay, Armstrong was the youngest world champ ever and youngest winner of a stage in the Tour for a long time and a top pro triathlete at 15 all before cancer so think again about "coming from nowhere". He was always marked for great things.
Maybe so, but after cancer and chemo? After having his body ravaged by it? It takes more than "being marked for great things" to come back from that to the sport's apex again.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Gorbachev wrote: And Jay, Armstrong was the youngest world champ ever and youngest winner of a stage in the Tour for a long time and a top pro triathlete at 15 all before cancer so think again about "coming from nowhere". He was always marked for great things.
Total agreement.

Lance is a marvelous athletic machine and a total genetic freak but his real advantage over his rivals is not chemistry or gentics its his ruthless strategic gift for knowing what is neccesary in any given moment.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Jay wrote:
Gorbachev wrote:Is it cheating if every other competitor is doing it, the teams, sponsors and managers encourage it an everyone on the inside of the sport knows it? I don't think that's "pure" cheating. It's being ultra-competitive, stepping up and taking risks with your body and reputation. Being skilled, prudent and effective in doping is as much a skill as descending an Alpine pass. Pretending that it's black and white and "drug takers are all cheats" misses these realities.

Maybe so, but after cancer and chemo? After having his body ravaged by it? It takes more than "being marked for great things" to come back from that to the sport's apex again.

he hadn;t reached anywhere close to it's apex before cancer and he had no tangible unfair advantage over his rivals...I fail to see where it matters whatsoever that he doped.

Jay

Post by Jay »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
he hadn;t reached anywhere close to it's apex before cancer and he had no tangible unfair advantage over his rivals...I fail to see where it matters whatsoever that he doped.
Guess it doesn't matter that 3 of the advisors on his tour de France teams got lifetime bans today.

I'm not anti- doping at all. I take stuff. I'm anti-doping when the rules say no doping.

This isn't a moral issue or some high horse either. It's just the way it is. Other people cheating the rules doesn't mean anything. They all run the risk of the same punishment if caught.

And I didn't say coming from nowhere. I said coming from chemo.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Jay wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Guess it doesn't matter that 3 of the advisors on his tour de France teams got lifetime bans today.

I'm not anti- doping at all. I take stuff. I'm anti-doping when the rules say no doping.

The Rules also say no doping in the NFL, in the Olympics and in MLB. It's like a 55MPH speed limit. Yes it's the law...but for the Dick Pounds to get shrill at one driver out of the thousands is beyond reprehensible.

Jay

Post by Jay »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
The Rules also say no doping in the NFL, in the Olympics and in MLB. It's like a 55MPH speed limit. Yes it's the law...but for the Dick Pounds to get shrill at one driver out of the thousands is beyond reprehensible.
So if lance is found guilty what would you think of Pound then?

Fact is he's high profile as hell and has not only denied it but loudly denied it. If evidence is there implicating him why shouldn't he get "shrill" about it?

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

Armstrong was the GOAT in his class, but I find it pathetic he never moved up a size and took on the big riders.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:but for the Dick Pounds to get shrill at one driver out of the thousands is beyond reprehensible.
What you're forgetting here is the Dick Pounds are always shrill, all the time. Just because he and his ilk are lasered in on one target right now doesn't mean that they've relented in their hate for all athletes, anywhere and everywhere who might possibly have doped.
Last edited by WildGorillaMan on Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Jay wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:
So if lance is found guilty what would you think of Pound then?

Fact is he's high profile as hell and has not only denied it but loudly denied it. If evidence is there implicating him why shouldn't he get "shrill" about it?

Lance by any reasonable standard will be convicted in what amounts to a kanagroo court.

Dick Pound may be factually accurate but he is one of the worst things to happen to sport in general in a great many years. He is truly evil.

The Shrillness is the greater lie. Until we can have a reasonable open informed discussiuon about the role of drugs in sport, we will get what we deserve, which is liars and shitbirds like Pound.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Dick Pound?

Seriously?

No wonder he's pissed.