War is hell

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: War is hell

Post by Fat Cat »

Turdacious wrote:
Fat Cat wrote:A mass conflagration between sunnis and shiites sounds rather awesome to me. Where's the rub?
Lot of your Orthodox brethren would be caught in the crossfire.
Not more than they already are. Almost all the Christians were driven from Iraq as a result of the fall of Saddam courtesy of the USA. Palestinian and Arab Christians have fled the middle east, courtesy of Jewish brutality financed by us. And now, in Egypt and Syria, they are feeling the pinch as "democratic" revolutions bring Islamists into power, supported by us.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

It now looks like an Egyptian Coptic Christian was behind the anti-Mohammad "move." Crazy world.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Not really. They hate Muslims like Serbs do.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Fat Cat wrote:Not really. They hate Muslims like Serbs do.
I meant that if there was one group sure to get blowback, even if his identity remained a secret, it's his.

"Let's make Muslims look craz-- oh, my extended family is dead."
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

There is absolutely no rational calculus for what he has done. He's made shit, flung it around, provoked imbeciles, and caused many innocent people to be injured and killed. It pushes my support for free speech almost to the breaking point.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Fat Cat wrote:There is absolutely no rational calculus for what he has done. He's made shit, flung it around, provoked imbeciles, and caused many innocent people to be injured and killed. It pushes my support for free speech almost to the breaking point.
Don't be stupid.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Fat Cat wrote:There is absolutely no rational calculus for what he has done. He's made shit, flung it around, provoked imbeciles, and caused many innocent people to be injured and killed. It pushes my support for free speech almost to the breaking point.

Countless idiots make countless stupid movies and or videos. The idea that the movie is the catalis for the attacks in Lybia and Egypt is laughable.

An idiot movie was seen as useful by Arab Islamic jihadist. They in turn had it deseminated to the illerterate Arab street who rioted on cue. With cover from all of the meyham, the jihadist moved in and got their work done.

If they hadn't found this movie, there would have been plenty of "something else" that would have set them off.

Islam is incompatable with freedom. It's very name, is aptly translated into English as submission. The world must submit to the religion made up by a tyrannical pedophile thief and mass murder. The West and the East is locked in a death struggle with a theological movement that's turns it's adherents into the human equivalent of a crocodile.

At best we need to isolate these fuckers and don't allow them to immigrate to our societies. At worst, we need to get old school Roman Republic and crucify these mother fuckers. Make the middle east run with so much blood that 1000 years from now they won't dare poke heir heads out of the sand.
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

You don't like Islam, great. But to say that this stupid film doesn't provide all the pretext our enemies need is wrong.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Your sig alone is all the pretext they need.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Fat Cat wrote:You don't like Islam, great. But to say that this stupid film doesn't provide all the pretext our enemies need is wrong.
And you answer to solving this riddle is what? Restrict our freedoms to appease a bunch of flat earth society goat fuckers that will hate us anyways?

Fuck that!
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

No, I never argued for any form of restriction on our freedoms. You wish I did because then you might have a point.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Fat Cat wrote:You don't like Islam, great. But to say that this stupid film doesn't provide all the pretext our enemies need is wrong.
There is growing belief that the attack was in revenge for the killing in a drone strike in Pakistan of Mohammed Hassan Qaed, an al-Qa'ida operative who was, as his nom-de-guerre Abu Yahya al-Libi suggests, from Libya, and timed for the anniversary of the 11 September attacks.

Senator Bill Nelson, a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said: "I am asking my colleagues on the committee to immediately investigate what role al-Qa'ida or its affiliates may have played in the attack and to take appropriate action."
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 35797.html

Not sure if this is just conspiracy theory or not.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Fat Cat wrote:No, I never argued for any form of restriction on our freedoms. You wish I did because then you might have a point.

Then there is no need to to be pissed at a bunch of loons and their stupid movie.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »