primary school shooting

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
odin
Sgt. Major

primary school shooting

Post by odin »

Just getting news coming through of a shooting in a primary school in conneticut (sp?)... I know Merika is a big place but I hope none of you fecks are remotely near there, sounds like pretty much the worst crime somebody could perpetrate. Sort of makes me despair at the state of the world, although perhaps I am hormonal from my wife's pregnancy.
Don't try too hard, don't not try too hard

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: primary school shooting

Post by Fat Cat »

Ah fuck I had not heard this with the time delay I hadn't looked at the news.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

terrible tragedy, but it sounds like it was in an upscale area

nobody on IGX can afford to live in upscale areas
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

Pretty fucking disturbing. They are saying 27-30 dead and most kids. Fuckers
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

Topic author
odin
Sgt. Major

Post by odin »

has the guy been caught?

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

odin wrote:has the guy been caught?
by a bullet

he's dead

Topic author
odin
Sgt. Major

Post by odin »

did he fire it himself or did the cops get him? Hopefully the latter, although a more protracted death may have been more satisfying.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

odin wrote:did he fire it himself or did the cops get him? Hopefully the latter, although a more protracted death may have been more satisfying.
Police report that the school is now cleared of shooters, but they are still treating it as an active shooter situation and all schools in the district remain locked down. There are unconfirmed reports of a second shooter, but it is unclear what happened to that person. State police have confirmed that two shooters were inititally believed involved.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Sassenach
ironslinger

Post by Sassenach »

Kazuya Mishima wrote:they can pry the bacon from my cold dead hand.

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

I hope all your babies are safe.

(If shortstraw were still here, she'd have had a story about how she was there.)
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

Topic author
odin
Sgt. Major

Post by odin »

syaigh wrote:I hope all your babies are safe.

(If shortstraw were still here, she'd have had a story about how she was there.)

who was that?? I don't remember her...

Bob Wildes

Post by Bob Wildes »

Who kills kids?
"Tell A.P. Hill he must come up."

Sassenach
ironslinger

Post by Sassenach »

Bob Wildes wrote:Who kills kids?
Lots of people, but I don't know why.
Kazuya Mishima wrote:they can pry the bacon from my cold dead hand.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Imma have to log off Facebook for the day.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

NEWTOWN, Conn. (CBS Connecticut/AP) — CBS News is reporting that at least 27 people are dead, including 18 students, after a mass shooting at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown. The gunman is among the dead.

CBS News reports the gunman, identified as Ryan Lanza, was the son of a female teacher at the school who was killed in the mass shooting. CBS News’ John Miller additionally reports the gunman is around 20 years old and from Hoboken, N.J.

A law enforcement official in Washington said the attacker was a 20-year-old man with ties to the school and that one of the guns was a .223-caliber rifle. The official also said that New Jersey State Police were searching a location in that state in connection with the shootings. That official spoke on the condition of anonymity because the source was not authorized to speak on the record about the developing criminal investigation. It is not known whether the shooter took his own life or was killed.

“The shooter is deceased inside the building,” State Police Lt. Paul Vance said during a press conference, adding that the scene is secure.

CBS News reports that a potential second shooter is in custody and that SWAT is now investigating the home of the suspect. Miller reports that authorities went into the suspect’s home after seeing what appeared to be a body inside.

A witness tells WFSB-TV that a second man was taken out of the woods in handcuffs wearing a black jacket and camouflage pants and telling parents on the scene, “I did not do it.”

Fox Connecticut reports that the shooting began in the kindergarten classroom.

“It’s just a bad situation,” Newtown Assistant Fire Chief Kevin Stoyak told CBS 2.

NPR is reporting that Connecticut is reaching out to other states to help with autopsies because they don’t have enough medical examiners.

Two students and a teacher were also injured in the shooting and they were taken to Dansbury Hospital, spokeswoman Diane Burke told CBS News York.

Parents flooded to Sandy Hook Elementary School, about 60 miles northeast of New York City, looking for their children in the wake of the shooting. Students were told to close their eyes by police as they were led from the building.

“It was a very orderly evacuation given the circumstances,” Connecticut Post reporter Brian Koonz told CBS New York.

One mother tells CBS 2 reporter Lou Young that it’s like a “war zone” in Newtown. Her child told Young he was about to deliver the attendance sheet to the principal’s office when bullets started going by his head and that a teacher pulled him into a classroom.

Another mother described to Young the devastation parents felt when they found out their children didn’t survive the shooting.

“All these parents were waiting for their children to come out. There were 20 parents that were just told that their children were dead,” she told Young.

Police responded to the school shooting at 9:41 a.m. WFSB-TV reporter Len Besthoff calls it a “chaotic scene.”

Stephen Delgiadice said his 8-year-old daughter heard two big bangs and teachers told her to get in a corner. His daughter was fine.

“It’s alarming, especially in Newtown, Connecticut, which we always thought was the safest place in America,” he said.

Mergim Bajraliu, 17, heard the gunshots echo from his home and raced to check on his 9-year-old sister at the school. He said his sister, who was fine, heard a scream come over the intercom at one point. He said teachers were shaking and crying as they came out of the building.

“Everyone was just traumatized,” he said.

Richard Wilford’s 7-year-old son, Richie, is in the second grade at the school. His son told him that he heard a noise that “sounded like what he described as cans falling.”

The boy told him a teacher went out to check on the noise, came back in, locked the door and had the kids huddle up in the corner until police arrived.

“There’s no words,” Wilford said. “It’s sheer terror, a sense of imminent danger, to get to your child and be there to protect him.”

Melissa Makris, 43, said her 10-year-old son, Philip, was in the school gym.

“He said he heard a lot of loud noises and then screaming. Then the gym teachers immediately gathered the children in a corner and kept them safe in a corner,” Makris said.

The fourth-grader told his mother that the students stayed huddled until police came in the gym. He also told her that he saw what looked like a body under a blanket as he fled the school.

“He said the policeman came in and helped them get out of the building and told them to run,” Makris said. “And they ran to the firehouse.”

The school superintendent’s office says the district has locked down schools as a preventive measure to ensure the safety of students and staff. Schools in neighboring towns also were locked down as a precaution.

The White House said Barack Obama was notified of the shooting and his spokesman Jay Carney said the president had “enormous sympathy for families that are affected.”

Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy says he’s spoken with federal officials who have offered to provide help to the state and the Newtown community in the aftermath of a deadly grade school shooting.

Malloy arrived in Newtown on Friday afternoon, hours after a shooting that left the gunman dead and at least one teacher wounded.

The governor’s office said several state agencies, including emergency management, public health and the Department of Children and Families, will be coordinating the state’s response.

In addition, Malloy says State Police are coordinating law enforcement work with federal and local authorities.

This shooting rivals the massacres at Virginia Tech in 2007 where 32 people were killed and at Columbine High School in 1999 where 13 were gunned down.

The worst mass school murder in American history took place on May 18,1927 in Bath Township, Mich., when a former school board member set off three bombs that killed 45 people.

I dig big chicks
Staff Sergeant

Post by I dig big chicks »

A friend of mine owns a gym in that town. His kids go to another School District, fortunately, but they're all pretty freaked out. A lot of "How could this happen here?" questions from his wife. I didn't say anything, but there is a huge part of me that wants to say "It happens everywhere".

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

I want to puke. Fucking scumbag. All I can think about is those beautiful kindergarteners going to school then getting executed by that fuck. The poor parents. Those poor fucking parents

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Teacher of the year:
One mother of an 8-year-old girl at the school, Brenda Lebinski, told Patch that her daughter is safe thanks to one teacher's decision to move all kids into a closet when a gunman had entered the building.

Lebinski said that she had spoken to her daughter's teacher as well as a volunteer who was in the school at the time of the shooting, and that a masked gunman had shot adults in the school.

"My daughter's teacher is my hero," Lebinski said. "She locked all the kids in a closet and that saved their lives."
http://newtown.patch.com/articles/repor ... ary-school

There are not enough clappies.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

And there is no one to make pay. It's done, all they can do is try to fix the wounded and try to heal the other children who witnessed this shit.

The fuck who did this is dead, can't bring him back to kill him again slowly and that wont bring those children back anyways.

Now the gun banners are going to be screaming but no law can stop someone from trying to do this kind of thing. It's allready illegal to kill kids. You ban Heroin and Coke but that does not stop that so you could ban every type of firearm tomorrow and the next day some fucker whp dopnt give a shit will walk into another school or mall and shoot more people.

Armed school cops and teachers trained and authorised to carry in school would do more to help curb and potentially stop individual incidents than any gun law.

And before I hear some fag say " Then you'd have firefights in school and more kids could die!" well #1 your an idiot, what are the cops trained to do for this? Enter and engage the motherfucker and most cops are like 3 steps below in firearms skill than most people who regularly train.

I'd rather deal with one of my kids getting killed in a crossfire because Mrs. Smith fought back or the cops engaged when Emo Murderer starts blasting kids then they be shot like dogs as these kids were with no one to aggressively protect them.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

DARTH wrote: Now the gun banners are going to be screaming but no law can stop someone from trying to do this kind of thing.
This is not so. Sufficiently stringent laws dial this shit way down, just as lax ones dial it up. But you have to go way past the AWB, which had Columbine five years in. Nobody's gonna want to do it.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Yeah, but take the guns away from the equation and...people get hurt.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/1 ... 02251.html
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

I'm sure this fuck went in, killed the adults, then walked around and killed those poor babies execution style, then turned the gun on himself.

He seems to have killed 2-3 people outside of the school, probably people who could shine light on the 'why'.

milosz

Post by milosz »

Complete confiscation would likely be effective - but it's impossible from both a legal and practical standpoint.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
DARTH wrote: Now the gun banners are going to be screaming but no law can stop someone from trying to do this kind of thing.
This is not so. Sufficiently stringent laws dial this shit way down, just as lax ones dial it up. But you have to go way past the AWB, which had Columbine five years in. Nobody's gonna want to do it.

From the guy who lives in the city with some of the toughest gun laws but the most niggers dead in the street.

It's against the law to kill children but that did not stop this guy.

Laws dont deter crimminals or nuts. Knowing they have a high probabilty of being shot can with the crimminal and bullets can stop crazies.

Why do these assholes pick malls? Because most of them are gun free zones.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

Wouldn't be shocked at all to find out the NRAs year-end gala has been relocated last minute to Newtown, CT.