Louis CK says smartphones suck

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Post Reply
User avatar
seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it
Posts: 7714
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:07 pm
Location: The Deep Blue Sea

Louis CK says smartphones suck

Post by seeahill » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:56 am

Along with a bad Springsteen imitation....

Image

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11489
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Louis CK says smartphones suck

Post by nafod » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:04 am

He's a funny guy. From his HBO special, "When you're over 50, you no longer get candlelight vigils."
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it
Posts: 7714
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:07 pm
Location: The Deep Blue Sea

Re: Louis CK says smartphones suck

Post by seeahill » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:10 am

Yep. And what he says in that clip above is about half way profound.
Image

Croatoa
Top
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:26 pm

Re: Louis CK says smartphones suck

Post by Croatoa » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:33 pm

This was all over my Facebook newsfeed posted by people saying "right on Louis!" Yet most of them most likely posted that shit using their smartphone.

I get what he's saying and all that shit but I find that most people who rip on smartphones, own smartphones and do all the stuff on their smartphones that they rip on others for doing.

Even Louis admits in that clip he was about to text someone while he was driving.
Image

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 9697
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: Louis CK says smartphones suck

Post by TerryB » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:48 pm

You can find a half dozen guys like him at any blue collar lunch break
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Image

Croatoa
Top
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:26 pm

Re: Louis CK says smartphones suck

Post by Croatoa » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:49 pm

protobuilder wrote:You can find a half dozen guys like him at any blue collar lunch break
LOL!
Image

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11489
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Louis CK says smartphones suck

Post by nafod » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:01 pm

Croatoa wrote:This was all over my Facebook newsfeed posted by people saying "right on Louis!" Yet most of them most likely posted that shit using their smartphone.

I get what he's saying and all that shit but I find that most people who rip on smartphones, own smartphones and do all the stuff on their smartphones that they rip on others for doing.

Even Louis admits in that clip he was about to text someone while he was driving.
It wasn't really about smartphones.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Croatoa
Top
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:26 pm

Re: Louis CK says smartphones suck

Post by Croatoa » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:09 pm

nafod wrote:
Croatoa wrote:This was all over my Facebook newsfeed posted by people saying "right on Louis!" Yet most of them most likely posted that shit using their smartphone.

I get what he's saying and all that shit but I find that most people who rip on smartphones, own smartphones and do all the stuff on their smartphones that they rip on others for doing.

Even Louis admits in that clip he was about to text someone while he was driving.
It wasn't really about smartphones.
Yeah I know, just using it as an excuse to complain about the people I work with. People blogging on their iMacs about how technology is ruining the world. That sort of thing.

One chick I know sent that clip to EVERYONE. Either by FB, email, text etc. just going on and on about how profound it was.

Funny side note, I saw TWO dudes fall down the same flight of stairs yesterday at the SAME TIME because they were texting while walking down the stairs. Even funnier, the both got up, limped off and continued texting.
Image

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5025
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:51 am

Re: Louis CK says smartphones suck

Post by Protobuilder » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:36 am

Croatoa wrote:Funny side note, I saw TWO dudes fall down the same flight of stairs yesterday at the SAME TIME because they were texting while walking down the stairs. Even funnier, the both got up, limped off and continued texting.
I saw a girl run into the side of a building while on a bicycle. I felt bad when I realized that I probably wouldn't laugh that hard for the rest of the day.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

User avatar
kreator
Top
Posts: 1274
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:52 am

Re: Louis CK says smartphones suck

Post by kreator » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:55 am

This was all over my FB newsfeed too. Nothing insightful or funny in it. Just an incoherent rant about the obvious by some false prophet.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5025
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:51 am

Re: Louis CK says smartphones suck

Post by Protobuilder » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:17 am

kreator wrote:This was all over my FB newsfeed too. Nothing insightful or funny in it. Just an incoherent rant about the obvious by some false prophet.
haters everywhere
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Andy83
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2650
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:07 am

Re: Louis CK says smartphones suck

Post by Andy83 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:32 pm

I liked when Lewis said it's not his job to make his kids happy. He's just training them to be the adults they need to be to live a miserable life.
Obama's narcissism and arrogance is only superseded by his naivete and stupidity.

User avatar
johno
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7817
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:36 pm

Re: Louis CK says smartphones suck

Post by johno » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:55 pm

If caving in Conan O'Brian's skull is wrong, I don't want to be right.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5025
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:51 am

Re: Louis CK says smartphones suck

Post by Protobuilder » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:40 am

When did Andy come back on the show?
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Post Reply