Attn IT gurus!

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Andy83
Sgt. Major

Attn IT gurus!

Post by Andy83 »

The other night on the Judge Jeanine Pirro show she had a web designer guy start from scratch and set up a web site that would work for Obamacare in 30 minutes while she was busy ripping on Obama for other things. He said it cost him $7 bucks! Why is it costing taxpayers upwards of 7 million to pay for this one that doesn't even work??
Obama's narcissism and arrogance is only superseded by his naivete and stupidity.

tonkadtx
Staff Sergeant

Re: Attn IT gurus!

Post by tonkadtx »

As much as I hate Obama and Obamacare, that's a load of bullshit. These days, front end Web Development is relatively easy. Especially if you use out-of-the-box solutions. It is the back end, developing the databases, ensuring security, planning all the operational needs (testing, hardware, QA, etc.) Just figuring out an applications resource needs is a science unto itself. For something on this scale it would be a massive undertaking. Which just further exposes the incompetence when you read the released memos, etc.

Topic author
Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

Why can't people just shop around for new policies that meet the dictator's legiislated requirements without even signing in to the govt. web site?
Obama's narcissism and arrogance is only superseded by his naivete and stupidity.

Stillwater
Staff Sergeant

Post by Stillwater »

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. - Helen Keller

Topic author
Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

Stillwater wrote:You can.

http://www.thehealthsherpa.com/
That's probably a load of shit too. It was costing 150 a month for their supplemental plan to cover co-pays with BCBS of Michigan.

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

Andy80 wrote:The other night on the Judge Jeanine Pirro show she had a web designer guy start from scratch and set up a web site that would work for Obamacare in 30 minutes while she was busy ripping on Obama for other things. He said it cost him $7 bucks! Why is it costing taxpayers upwards of 7 million to pay for this one that doesn't even work??
You older-types should stick to talking about things you know about like coupons, weather patterns, lotto numbers and medication schedules.

Leave the rest of the stuff to people that know what the f*ck they're talking about.

Does the remote control on your TV even work?

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Don't worry Andy:

Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Yes I Have Balls wrote:
Andy80 wrote:The other night on the Judge Jeanine Pirro show she had a web designer guy start from scratch and set up a web site that would work for Obamacare in 30 minutes while she was busy ripping on Obama for other things. He said it cost him $7 bucks! Why is it costing taxpayers upwards of 7 million to pay for this one that doesn't even work??
You older-types should stick to talking about things you know about like coupons, weather patterns, lotto numbers and medication schedules.

Leave the rest of the stuff to people that know what the f*ck they're talking about.

Does the remote control on your TV even work?
I am fine with him watching TV and staying off the Internet. In fact, I hope he watches TV everywhere he goes, even in the bath tub.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.