My guest room is haunted

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

User avatar
Kenny X
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2671
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:00 pm
Location: Down on the bayou.

My guest room is haunted

Post by Kenny X » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:15 am

I'm not joking.

Last time the Future Mrs. Herr Doktor was in town she awoke at night to what she said sounded like bowling balls being dropped on the floor, in the guest room across the hall.

There's nothing, no furniture or anything, in that room.

Just now, while sitting on my sofa, typing this, I hear what sounds like a cat scratching angrily at the floor, up there, and heavy boxes being dragged across the floor.

I hear it a lot.

Definitely something going on in that room.

I was thinking of doing a blessing up there and/or performing an exorcism.


Anybody here ever have any uninvited paranormal guests in your house? How'd you deal with them?
WildGorillaMan wrote:$4000 bicycle. $300 shoes. $400 spandex.

35% bodyfat.

User avatar
Alfred_E._Neuman
Sgt. Major
Posts: 4708
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:13 am
Location: The Usual Gang of Idiots

Re: My guest room is haunted

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:40 am

I grew up on my family's farm, where my mom's side has lived for several generations.

I've had several experiences on that old farm that I can't explain any other way than to chalk it up to the paranormal. There's even an old relative that still works out in the fields some nights, just like he did when he was alive.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

User avatar
Kenny X
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2671
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:00 pm
Location: Down on the bayou.

Re: My guest room is haunted

Post by Kenny X » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:54 am

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote:I grew up on my family's farm, where my mom's side has lived for several generations.

I've had several experiences on that old farm that I can't explain any other way than to chalk it up to the paranormal. There's even an old relative that still works out in the fields some nights, just like he did when he was alive.
Fucking awesome on all counts!
WildGorillaMan wrote:$4000 bicycle. $300 shoes. $400 spandex.

35% bodyfat.

User avatar
Holeyfraggaroley
Gunny
Posts: 662
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: In my wifes purse looking for my nuts

Re: My guest room is haunted

Post by Holeyfraggaroley » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:10 am

The neighbor said that she would her shit in the house. She was the second owner and did not know that the previous wife died there. She "died" in her sleep and no one knew why. Her body was cremated before anyone could ask why or how. It caused quite the stir. Apparently the second owner heard ALOT of weird shit until she gave birth to her son and then it all stopped. The lady that died was very nice, I would not be surprised if she died before she was ready and hung around. And when she saw a new baby decided it was time to get out. The new neighbor said that after her son was born all the crazy shit stopped. No she was not on drugs,,

User avatar
Holeyfraggaroley
Gunny
Posts: 662
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: In my wifes purse looking for my nuts

Re: My guest room is haunted

Post by Holeyfraggaroley » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:10 am

The neighbor said that she would her shit in the house. She was the second owner and did not know that the previous wife died there. She "died" in her sleep and no one knew why. Her body was cremated before anyone could ask why or how. It caused quite the stir. Apparently the second owner heard ALOT of weird shit until she gave birth to her son and then it all stopped. The lady that died was very nice, I would not be surprised if she died before she was ready and hung around. And when she saw a new baby decided it was time to get out. The new neighbor said that after her son was born all the crazy shit stopped. No she was not on drugs,,

User avatar
SubClaw
Top
Posts: 1753
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:01 pm

Re: My guest room is haunted

Post by SubClaw » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Dr. Agkistrodon wrote:I'm not joking.
Me neither. You fucking better finish your steroid investigation or my dick's ghost will haunt you forever.

User avatar
Kenny X
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2671
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:00 pm
Location: Down on the bayou.

Re: My guest room is haunted

Post by Kenny X » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:06 pm

SubClaw wrote:
Dr. Agkistrodon wrote:I'm not joking.
Me neither. You fucking better finish your steroid investigation or my dick's ghost will haunt you forever.
Not to worry chief! Human trials have started and the results so far are nothing short of astonishing!
WildGorillaMan wrote:$4000 bicycle. $300 shoes. $400 spandex.

35% bodyfat.

User avatar
Dunn
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6664
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Columbus, GA

Re: My guest room is haunted

Post by Dunn » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:22 pm

Had some issues with the current house when we first bought it. Small stuff being moved, thumps in the walls, and eventually sounds of footsteps down the hall and such. No actual contact and no sense of malevolence so I just make some offerings of whiskey and what have you on occasion. Keeps things quiet most times.

As long as it's not fucking with you I say leave it be or offer it some drink. It might bring your home some good luck.

User avatar
WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 9951
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:01 pm

Re: My guest room is haunted

Post by WildGorillaMan » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:50 pm

Will a blessing or exorcism still work if the ghost is an atheist?
Image
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

User avatar
Cave Canem
Top
Posts: 1372
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:24 pm
Location: Somebody's dog house somewhere.

Re: My guest room is haunted

Post by Cave Canem » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:56 pm

You sure it's just not EZ throwing some KBs around ?
Tantum validus superstes

User avatar
Dunn
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6664
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Columbus, GA

Re: My guest room is haunted

Post by Dunn » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:36 pm

WildGorillaMan wrote:Will a blessing or exorcism still work if the ghost is an atheist?
I am of the opinion that the faith that the exorcism or blessing is performed in is merely a vehicle for the Will of the practitioner. Will and intent are the fuel that actually does the work. Ritual is just the path that the energy takes.

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 9806
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:46 am
Location: Ft. Lauderdale

Re: My guest room is haunted

Post by TomFurman » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:19 pm

As Renato Laranja would say, "..smoke less of da heefer".

There are no ghosts.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

User avatar
DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 8034
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:04 am
Location: Deep in a well

Re: My guest room is haunted

Post by DrDonkeyLove » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:48 pm

I don't believe in regular ghosts but we live in a weird quantum universe where we've barely scratched the surface. Dimensions bumping into each other, time loop eddies, etc. are all conceivable.

In this case, my first thought would be a mouse or other creature in some interstitial space.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

User avatar
Fuzzy Dunlop
Top
Posts: 2077
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:38 pm
Location: Hub

Re: My guest room is haunted

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:10 pm

you guys are all fucking nuts.
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

User avatar
Dunn
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6664
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Columbus, GA

Re: My guest room is haunted

Post by Dunn » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:21 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:you guys are all fucking nuts.
Hardy. We all have our beliefs. The only difference in my belief in spirits of the dead and someone's belief in Jesus Christ is.......nothing.

User avatar
WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 9951
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:01 pm

Re: My guest room is haunted

Post by WildGorillaMan » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:33 pm

DrDonkeyLove wrote:I don't believe in regular ghosts but we live in a weird quantum universe where we've barely scratched the surface. Dimensions bumping into each other, time loop eddies, etc. are all conceivable.

In this case, my first thought would be a mouse or other creature in some interstitial space.
What if we're the ghosts, and the phantasmic visions we sometimes observe are our limited ability to percieve the world of the living?

Image
Image
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

User avatar
Fuzzy Dunlop
Top
Posts: 2077
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:38 pm
Location: Hub

Re: My guest room is haunted

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:40 pm

Dunn wrote:
Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:you guys are all fucking nuts.
Hardy. We all have our beliefs. The only difference in my belief in spirits of the dead and someone's belief in Jesus Christ is.......nothing.
Like I said, you're all fucking nuts.
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

User avatar
Kenny X
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2671
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:00 pm
Location: Down on the bayou.

Re: My guest room is haunted

Post by Kenny X » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:09 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
Dunn wrote:
Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:you guys are all fucking nuts.
Hardy. We all have our beliefs. The only difference in my belief in spirits of the dead and someone's belief in Jesus Christ is.......nothing.
Like I said, you're all fucking nuts.


Yes, I am. And I am still going to be taking Dunn's advice and offering the entity some Blanton's later on tonight.

It's definitely not fucking with me, and the over-all feeling in my house is pleasant, happy and peaceful. No malevolence here at all.

So yeah, no exorcism. I'll give it some bourbon and see what happens.

:drinkers: :happiness:
WildGorillaMan wrote:$4000 bicycle. $300 shoes. $400 spandex.

35% bodyfat.

User avatar
Dunn
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6664
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Columbus, GA

Re: My guest room is haunted

Post by Dunn » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:11 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
Dunn wrote:
Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:you guys are all fucking nuts.
Hardy. We all have our beliefs. The only difference in my belief in spirits of the dead and someone's belief in Jesus Christ is.......nothing.
Like I said, you're all fucking nuts.
Gods above, I hope so. I'd be sorely disappointed if it turned out that I wasn't. That kind of thing can shake a man's foundations.

User avatar
Cave Canem
Top
Posts: 1372
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:24 pm
Location: Somebody's dog house somewhere.

Re: My guest room is haunted

Post by Cave Canem » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:04 pm

Dr. Agkistrodon wrote:
Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
Dunn wrote:
Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:you guys are all fucking nuts.
Hardy. We all have our beliefs. The only difference in my belief in spirits of the dead and someone's belief in Jesus Christ is.......nothing.
Like I said, you're all fucking nuts.


Yes, I am. And I am still going to be taking Dunn's advice and offering the entity some Blanton's later on tonight.

It's definitely not fucking with me, and the over-all feeling in my house is pleasant, happy and peaceful. No malevolence here at all.

So yeah, no exorcism. I'll give it some bourbon and see what happens.

:drinkers: :happiness:
Jeebus..give it some Old Crow or Evan Williams. If you give it Blanton's it'll never leave.
Tantum validus superstes

User avatar
Cave Canem
Top
Posts: 1372
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:24 pm
Location: Somebody's dog house somewhere.

Re: My guest room is haunted

Post by Cave Canem » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:06 pm

WildGorillaMan wrote:
DrDonkeyLove wrote:I don't believe in regular ghosts but we live in a weird quantum universe where we've barely scratched the surface. Dimensions bumping into each other, time loop eddies, etc. are all conceivable.

In this case, my first thought would be a mouse or other creature in some interstitial space.
What if we're the ghosts, and the phantasmic visions we sometimes observe are our limited ability to percieve the world of the living?

Image
That is a cool thought yet somehow disappointing. I'd like to think that if I was a ghost, I'd be able to haunt the shit of something.
Tantum validus superstes

JDub
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 496
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:27 am

Re: My guest room is haunted

Post by JDub » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:27 pm

Dunn you're a pretty cool guy, I like your thought process.

I've seen some stuff before that I couldn't explain and scared the shit out of me. I've felt things that did the same. I'm not paranoid or easily scared by any means but there have been times I've been in a certain house and felt someone watching me. I even felt like someone was following me around when I moved through the house. I saw some a shadowy figure in the living room of this house once but when I shined a flashlight in the direction it wasn't there. These all happened same house on different occasions when I was a cop. The house was basically a run down mansion turned into a few apartments. Anyway, come to find out there had been a suicide there and several overdose deaths. I fucking hate driving by that place to this day.
T200 wrote:Drinking is for posers until you are drinking Everclear from a an old freebase kit you found in the park.

User avatar
Dunn
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6664
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Columbus, GA

Re: My guest room is haunted

Post by Dunn » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:40 pm

JDub wrote:Dunn you're a pretty cool guy, I like your thought process.

I've seen some stuff before that I couldn't explain and scared the shit out of me. I've felt things that did the same. I'm not paranoid or easily scared by any means but there have been times I've been in a certain house and felt someone watching me. I even felt like someone was following me around when I moved through the house. I saw some a shadowy figure in the living room of this house once but when I shined a flashlight in the direction it wasn't there. These all happened same house on different occasions when I was a cop. The house was basically a run down mansion turned into a few apartments. Anyway, come to find out there had been a suicide there and several overdose deaths. I fucking hate driving by that place to this day.
Thanks. You do enough psychadelics and the idea of reality tends to get a little muddled. I figure if nothin else, life is too short and too harsh not to believe a little. Hell, there's shit out there that has the world's greatest physicists scratching their domes, who is anyone to say that there is an absolute.

JDub
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 496
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:27 am

Re: My guest room is haunted

Post by JDub » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:50 pm

IMO the only absolutes are death and never figuring out everything about anything.
T200 wrote:Drinking is for posers until you are drinking Everclear from a an old freebase kit you found in the park.

User avatar
Fuzzy Dunlop
Top
Posts: 2077
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:38 pm
Location: Hub

Re: My guest room is haunted

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:06 pm

Cave Canem wrote:
Dr. Agkistrodon wrote:
Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
Dunn wrote:
Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:you guys are all fucking nuts.
Hardy. We all have our beliefs. The only difference in my belief in spirits of the dead and someone's belief in Jesus Christ is.......nothing.
Like I said, you're all fucking nuts.


Yes, I am. And I am still going to be taking Dunn's advice and offering the entity some Blanton's later on tonight.

It's definitely not fucking with me, and the over-all feeling in my house is pleasant, happy and peaceful. No malevolence here at all.

So yeah, no exorcism. I'll give it some bourbon and see what happens.

:drinkers: :happiness:
Jeebus..give it some Old Crow or Evan Williams. If you give it Blanton's it'll never leave.
=D>
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

Post Reply