Coyotes Eat Deer-Trail Camera

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
KingSchmaltzBagelHour

Coyotes Eat Deer-Trail Camera

Post by KingSchmaltzBagelHour »

My buddy who loves to kill stuff sent me this...this poor bastard died brutally.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU4d-EmM08w[/youtube]

lasalle

Re: Coyotes Eat Deer-Trail Camera

Post by lasalle »

That's actually pretty cool. I love coyotes.

Coyote population in the Bay Area has exploded. I live close to a mountain (but still the burbs) and can hear dozens of them at night, and coming home this week I saw one run in to the bushes near the house. Several families in the neighborhood have "outside" cats-I notice I don't see as many of those cats around anymore.

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

I love coyote also: when they are in my sights and I'm pulling the trigger.
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

Damn things have even spread to Virginia now.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn »

We have them everywhere here in AL/GA. Even got a coy-dog hybrid rescue. She's sweet but if I see one while hunting I'm popping it.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

The coyotes around here are as bold as fuck, as if they know that within the city limits no one is going to shoot them. Outside of town on someone's acreage or farm, it's game on.

Judging by the number I see dead by the side of the road on highways all over they seem to be thriving.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

lasalle

Post by lasalle »

Dunn wrote:We have them everywhere here in AL/GA. Even got a coy-dog hybrid rescue. She's sweet but if I see one while hunting I'm popping it.
How does that work? Are coyotes fair game/no license needed in most places?

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

Good shit.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

coyotes are the new racoons. the only thing they can't do is take up residence in your attic
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

lasalle wrote:
Dunn wrote:We have them everywhere here in AL/GA. Even got a coy-dog hybrid rescue. She's sweet but if I see one while hunting I'm popping it.
How does that work? Are coyotes fair game/no license needed in most places?
I doubt states that never had them before now have laws establishing a hunting season for them...so in the absence of a restriction, they might indeed be killed at will. They are not endangered or protected as far as I recall.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

You can kill them or trap them year round in my state.

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

In Washington state, if you have a general hunting license, you can kill as many as you want in daylight hours. If you are a home owner you may kill a coyote on your property if it's a problem animal without a hunting license.
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

Topic author
KingSchmaltzBagelHour

Post by KingSchmaltzBagelHour »

Dudes I know go out with Babykillers (ARs) and fuck shit up, but i guess they're clever little fuckers. I never went hunting for them but have helped skin a couple out and they smell worse than big foots dick.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

They are very smart. And the big east coast coyotes have brought down a couple of hikers.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

My dog would love to get her teeth into a coyote.

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn »

Dr. Agkistrodon wrote:My dog would love to get her teeth into a coyote.
They can be vicious man. We had a pit jump my coydog while we were running and it wasn't a pretty sight. Owner and I pulled them apart but the pit had some bad damage to the throat and face. Singly they dangerous but in a pack they can be deadly. Growing up out in the boonies I know more than few folks that have lost dogs to packs.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

Dunn wrote:
They can be vicious man. We had a pit jump my coydog while we were running and it wasn't a pretty sight. Owner and I pulled them apart but the pit had some bad damage to the throat and face. Singly they dangerous but in a pack they can be deadly. Growing up out in the boonies I know more than few folks that have lost dogs to packs.
I don't doubt it.

How does your coydog get on with living in the house with you guys? Was it difficult at first, or is the coydog enough like a domesticated dog to where it could fall inline and be a part of the family?

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn »

Dr. Agkistrodon wrote:
Dunn wrote:
I don't doubt it.

How does your coydog get on with living in the house with you guys? Was it difficult at first, or is the coydog enough like a domesticated dog to where it could fall inline and be a part of the family?
She takes a much firmer hand than the others and doesn't readily get facial expressions or body language. She is much quicker to revert to base behavior like nipping and rolling over during any sot of conflict. Sometimes she just doesn't "get it". With the dogs, she gets along decently but they were very harsh and kept her in line when we took her in. The border collie helped immensely with that. 2 against one wins out. She has assumed omega position in our little pack and it works well for her. She has issues more when she is by herself.

All that said, she is probably one of the sweetest dogs I have ever owned. She literally just wants to cuddle, run, and eat. Just gotta watch her with young kids when she is eating.

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

I kill them without mercy.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

Dunn wrote:
Dr. Agkistrodon wrote:
Dunn wrote:
I don't doubt it.

She takes a much firmer hand than the others and doesn't readily get facial expressions or body language. She is much quicker to revert to base behavior like nipping and rolling over during any sot of conflict. Sometimes she just doesn't "get it". With the dogs, she gets along decently but they were very harsh and kept her in line when we took her in. The border collie helped immensely with that. 2 against one wins out. She has assumed omega position in our little pack and it works well for her. She has issues more when she is by herself.

All that said, she is probably one of the sweetest dogs I have ever owned. She literally just wants to cuddle, run, and eat. Just gotta watch her with young kids when she is eating.

It is good for her that she ended up with you, a man who "gets" canids, understands them. Sounds like she's in the perfect place with the best kind of pack.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Coyotes in Michigan can be shot year round.

Ironically, you can hunt them IN CITY LIMITS in many places only AFTER DARK.

There's a whole group called Michigan Predator Hunters that puts out a lot of info on the subject.

In Texas, they are all over too.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

ButterCupPowerRanch wrote:Dudes I know go out with Babykillers (ARs) and fuck shit up, but i guess they're clever little fuckers. I never went hunting for them but have helped skin a couple out and they smell worse than big foots dick.
You have to be able to shoot accurately for pretty decent distance. Makes it difficult for the average hunter.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

Ed Zachary wrote:They are very smart. And the big east coast coyotes have brought down a couple of hikers.
In the past I wasn't too worried about virginia wildlife, it wasn't too hard to stay away from brown bears, but I'm packing heat from here on in the woods. Pack predators are no joke when they start to lose their fear of humans.

Swamp Fox
Sarge

Post by Swamp Fox »

DNA and skull analysis has shown that east coast coyotes are hybridized with wolves, the result being that they are usually larger than western coyotes. I saw one behind Disney World that would have gone 70-80#, easy.
YOIAIAMO!

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Dr. Agkistrodon wrote:
Dunn wrote:
I don't doubt it.

They are no fucking joke in group and are smart as fuck. House doggies stand zero percent chance.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill