Largest Homeless Camp in US

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Largest Homeless Camp in US

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Where are our liberal and compassionate high tech overlords? Surely Romney would allow this but Sergey Brin and Biz Stone, nay nay nay.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-jung ... d-states-1

Last edited by DrDonkeyLove on Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Topic author
DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Largest Homeless Camp in US

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Topic author
DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Topic author
DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Topic author
DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Topic author
DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

Actually, diversity is good. Sterno squeezed through socks, Hobo Stew and Jack Dempsey inspired fist fights add flavor to an otherwise mundane part of America.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Don’t believe everything you think.

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill »

When I taught for a semester at San Jose, I rented a house in a nice neighborhood. Just two blocks from Coyote Creek, where I used to walk along a dirt path. There were all sorts of ramshackle habitations. Sometimes I saw cops taking someone away in cuffs, but mostly --- at least when I was there --- the cops let the homeless alone.

I'd walk in the morning before my classes and see a lot of people in clean clothes walking to some job somewhere. I'd see them come home, tired and a little dirty.

Other groups were there all the time, doing drugs or drink it seemed to me. The homeless were mostly Mexican. No blacks I ever saw. A sizable number of whites.

None of the homeless every bothered me, but the lady I was with would not walk there unless I was along.

On garbage day, the homeless would come out and scour everyone's garbage for recyclables and whatever else they could find. No one ever chased them off.

As the article suggests: it was odd to live in an affluent neighborhood with with a whole city of homeless two or three blocks away.

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

If there is a area of the haves and have nots; it's Silicon Valley. The biggest democratic stronghold outside of Hollywood.

All of the tech overlords (that manufacture nothing) are also big supporters of illegal immigration. The aspiring new tech overlords need more uneducated peasants to cut their lawns & be their nannies for below minimum wage. Plus, the current peons that vote in this country are uppity types that refuse to get with the program.
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.