Let food be thy medicine...

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
terra

Let food be thy medicine...

Post by terra »

Dr. Terry Wahls Cured Herself of Multiple Sclerosis.

“Too many of us have spent years, sometimes decades, failing to provide our cells with the building blocks they need to conduct the chemistry of life properly.” ~ Dr. Terry Wahls

http://www.terrywahls.com/

Short article here:
http://www.undergroundhealth.com/dr-ter ... sclerosis/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLjgBLwH3Wc[/youtube]
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Re: Let food be thy medicine...

Post by Kenny X »

I cured myself of sobriety by drinking five pints of Guinness every night.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

What did she eat or not eat? If you could be so kind as to spare me 18 minutes of her TED video, her website and that link didn't show anything except for some carrots and bell peppers.
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

3 cups of green leafs
3 cups of sulfur-rich vegetables (whuz that)
3 cups of bright color
grass fed meat and organ meat
seaweed

....watched the video, skipping around for brevity
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

N=1
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien »

Her research hasn't been published yet.
Hery website has the Quack Miranda warning at the bottom. She sells books and supplements.
She supports her medical intervention via testimonials.
All red flags for quackery.

She has trouble getting NIH-grants because the study design is shoddy (too many parameters).

I predict the typical "big-pharma keeping the poor nutrition/supplement bussiness down" conspiracy as well as some crappy studies fishing for noise in the data.

I hope I'm wrong though, as MS is a terrible disease and it'd be great to have more treatment options, especially some that sound too good to be true.
Shafpocalypse Now wrote: If I put this pie on end, and spin in, it forms a volume of space similar to a sphere.
Now look. I've eaten a pice of pie.
When we spin the pie again, the area cut out of the volume of the sphere equals fitness.

DPR

Post by DPR »

I'm not going to watch or read any of that, but you can google Dr. Roy Swank regarding treating MS with diet. I believe he treated around 5,000 people. It was a low fat diet which kept saturated fat low. I believe the diet was similar to what some doctors use to reverse heart disease and treat type II diabetics.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

DPR wrote:I'm not going to watch or read any of that, but you can google Dr. Roy Swank regarding treating MS with diet. I believe he treated around 5,000 people. It was a low fat diet which kept saturated fat low. I believe the diet was similar to what some doctors use to reverse heart disease and treat type II diabetics.
I'll take it a step further: I'm not going to watch any of that, read any of that, or google any of it either.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

KingSchmaltzBagelHour

Post by KingSchmaltzBagelHour »

Bram wrote:What did she eat or not eat?
She just read the Nutribullet thread....cured.

Freki
Sgt. Major

Post by Freki »

But would it help against the super-gonnorhea?
"The reason that 'guru' is such a popular word is because 'charlatan' is so hard to spell."
@GSElevator: Can we please stop calling them hipsters and go back to calling them pussies?
Blood eagles solve everything.