Trump just musing

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Andy83
Sgt. Major

Trump just musing

Post by Andy83 »

Says Perry needs to pass an IQ test. Lindsy Graham is an idiot. :butthead: HaHaHaHa!
Obama's narcissism and arrogance is only superseded by his naivete and stupidity.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Trump just musing

Post by baffled »

Gave out Graham's cell phone number at a speech today.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

I think a lot of the angst about Trump comes from class. Those who really dislike Trump and are agitated by him are middle class. The anxiety is because he is acting in a way that would be utterly suicidal for a middle class male or female.

Trump is a complete and total manifestation of all their taboos. That dude crosses all the lines and laughs. He is profligate, he is sexually indulgent, he cares nothing for marriage and manners and he is willing to insult. If a Dentist or an Accountant or a Doctor or a Professor were to act like he does it would be career and social suicide. He would be flung back to the lower classes tout suite.

In other words, Trump makes it impossible for the middle class onlookers to forget that their social position is tenuous. And he reminds them of all the repression and tongue holding and shit eating they must do to keep their position.

It is a mistake to think Trump is low or lower class. He isn't at all. He is the real deal Upper Class. He is certain of his place and nothing can take it away from him. In that sense, the Upper and Lower classes are similar. They ain't going no where and you can go fuck yourself. The true upper class really really do not care what you think of them or what you say about them: you can't touch them.

Topic author
Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

He's trying to be just like me when he grows up.
Obama's narcissism and arrogance is only superseded by his naivete and stupidity.

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Post by Crust Bucket »

ATTA BOY ANDY!!!
syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

bennyonesix wrote:Trump is a complete and total manifestation of all their taboos. That dude crosses all the lines and laughs. He is profligate, he is sexually indulgent, he cares nothing for marriage and manners and he is willing to insult. If a Dentist or an Accountant or a Doctor or a Professor were to act like he does it would be career and social suicide. He would be flung back to the lower classes tout suite.
It's not only the middle class. Corporations also are cowering at the feet of Internet-based social justice warriors, apologizing for thought crimes real or implied. Trump's opponents appear to think he's playing from the same script. Get a sound byte of him and call for him to end his campaign to which Trump refuses, doubles down and jumps in the polls.

Trump is likely an absolute cunt as is every other declared candidate (with the possible exception of Bernie).

He's loud, obnoxious, speaks his mind without hesitation and refuses to back down. I say he gets the IGX vote.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Benny that's pretty interesting. Did you come up with that or is that a paraphrased rehash from somewhere else? Either way, it does make sense.

Hanglow Joe
Gunny

Post by Hanglow Joe »

Trump is calling out all these frauds for what they are. Frauds in it for themselves, not for their constituency

Topic author
Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

Hanglow Joe wrote:Trump is calling out all these frauds for what they are. Frauds in it for themselves, not for their constituency
Precisely why he should be president of the USA.

CharlieBob
Sarge

Post by CharlieBob »

bennyonesix wrote:If a Dentist or an Accountant or a Doctor or a Professor ....
Since when were "Professors" in the same financial category as Dentists, Doctors, and Accountants? Further more since when did that latter group become "Middle Class"??
"I swear by my life and by my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine"

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

bennyonesix wrote:It is a mistake to think Trump is low or lower class.
It's a mistake to think that someone who makes big money from being a reality tv star is low class?
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

Your cattywampus indirection and failure to engage with the actual point makes me uncomfortable.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

CharlieBob wrote:
bennyonesix wrote:If a Dentist or an Accountant or a Doctor or a Professor ....
Since when were "Professors" in the same financial category as Dentists, Doctors, and Accountants? Further more since when did that latter group become "Middle Class"??
Read my post again. You completely misunderstand the theoretical construct of "class".

EDIT

Those groups you take issue with are quintessential Middle Class occupations along with Merchants and landed farmers.

CharlieBob
Sarge

Post by CharlieBob »

Regardless of what "middle class" occupations were 200 years ago those occupations are not "middle class" currently and have not been for at least a couple generations. If you are using some other definition not derived from average yearly salary in relation to the population as a whole I would ask you share because I am not tracking.
"I swear by my life and by my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine"

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Financially, in the current political scheme of the US, those are very much middle class occupations.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

bennyonesix wrote:Your cattywampus indirection and failure to engage with the actual point makes me uncomfortable.
Trump isn't even the first presidential candidate this election cycle to be a millionaire.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

He's the only one who is even close to being a billionaire though.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Protobuilder wrote:He's the only one who is even close to being a billionaire though.
That's because most of the other candidates had jobs actually governing.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Turdacious wrote:
Protobuilder wrote:He's the only one who is even close to being a billionaire though.
Not sure if serious

or just stupid.

As for Benjamin16's "analysis," it only makes sense (hint: it doesn't) if he shows the "middle class" (defined however he needs to to make his point) isn't supporting Trump.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Protobot wrote:Not sure if serious or just stupid.
Little hard to become a billionaire on a Senator's salary. Math too hard for you?

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Turdacious wrote:
You're obviously trolling and more irrelevant than Spells in such conversations.

CharlieBob
Sarge

Post by CharlieBob »

Protobuilder wrote:Financially, in the current political scheme of the US, those are very much middle class occupations.
So those in the top 10% of income earners in the country are now "middle class"?

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

I think Trump is a fraud, he's been a dem, he's kissed Killary's ass and he's been in favour of anti 2nd Amendment bullshit.

But the one thing Republicans and other public figures can learn from his that you do not knuckle under when representatives of the cunts you are against cry foul when you say non PC shit or your words are taken out of context and outright lied about. You fucking say it again, louder with a middle finger.

It is amazing that the party that values military might and balls has so many fucking pussies running for office.

This guy spells it out. And it's funny because he kind of says what i said last week on FB. Trump is not the one but he is like a bomb you prep the area with or a unit you send in first expecting it to get ground down so the enemy has less ammo when the real troops show up.

http://victorhanson.com/wordpress/?p=8567#more-8567

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

DARTH wrote:I think Trump is a fraud, he's been a dem, he's kissed Killary's ass and he's been in favour of anti 2nd Amendment bullshit.

But the one thing Republicans and other public figures can learn from his that you do not knuckle under when representatives of the cunts you are against cry foul when you say non PC shit or your words are taken out of context and outright lied about. You fucking say it again, louder with a middle finger.

It is amazing that the party that values military might and balls has so many fucking pussies running for office.

This guy spells it out. And it's funny because he kind of says what i said last week on FB. Trump is not the one but he is like a bomb you prep the area with or a unit you send in first expecting it to get ground down so the enemy has less ammo when the real troops show up.

http://victorhanson.com/wordpress/?p=8567#more-8567
Trump is emotionally satisfying. He is saying what people want to hear someone saying. Fuck the beaners. Women, pump that shit somewhere else. I'm going to train Marla with my entire cabinet, men and women both.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

nafod wrote:Trump is emotionally satisfying. He is saying what people want to hear someone saying.
So he's a politician? Hardly the first.