Q for the Republicans

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Yes I Have Balls

Re: Q for the Republicans

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

Herv100 wrote:Yeah, but this wasn't a problem when Bush and Obama made more executive orders than any presidents in history...
1) You sure you wanna die defending that hill?
2) LMGTFY

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Meaningless metric. You have to consider the scope & nature of the executive order.
But I don't question that FDR set the record.

Also, the impact of the orders may be additive. Each order tends to increase the power of the presidency. In that case, it's not "better" because Bush or Obama issued fewer orders than FDR did.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Yes, I had actually seen that list years ago and had forgotten. I think it was Obama's rate of executive memos, which have the same legal force as executive actions, that is the highest rate thus far.

Yes I Have Balls

Two guys moving the goal posts at the same time.....

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Coming from the guy who says the reason anybody dislikes Obama's presidency is racism.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Yes I Have Balls wrote:Two guys moving the goal posts at the same time.....
Why the football analogy? Obviously, because you're racist.

W.B. Yeats

Yes I Have Balls

And now Trump is talking in front of a group of White Nationalists that believe in therapy to cure the gays. Shocked IGX hasn't booked Trump for an AMA.

Yes I Have Balls

Herv100 wrote:Coming from the guy who says the reason anybody dislikes Obama's presidency is racism.
You have an active imagination. *shrug*

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Yes I Have Balls wrote:
Herv100 wrote:Coming from the guy who says the reason anybody dislikes Obama's presidency is racism.
You have an active imagination. *shrug*

You didn't actually say it but you implied it with your hateful anti-white and anti cognitively-othered dog whistle. Your conflating insanity with racism is despicable and incites violence against whites and the insane.
Yes I Have Balls wrote:White people in this country are fucking insane. All it took was electing a black guy as President...
FWIW "dog whistle" is a great verbal weapon. It's easy to use and allows you to impugn the worst possible motives on another w/o actually providing proof. Much thanks to Chris Matthews for popularizing it.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

DrDonkeyLove wrote:Johnson was my fallback protest vote. As a president he probably wouldn't be worse than the other two but he was unimpressive on Fox News Sunday and the passion for speech code enforcement isn't for me.

If I can't bring myself to pull the Trump lever, it might be time to write in Greg Glassman. America needs leader who's strong across broad time and many modalities. "Be stupid for me" 2016!
You may appreciate this then:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scoXIicyjuQ[/youtube]
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

Herv100 wrote:All you Johnson slurpers must have missed Rand Paul, who is more libertarian than Johnson could hope to be. In fact Johnson is a fake ass libertarian.
Rand Paul had his shot. A swing and a miss.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

Pinky wrote:
Yes, I'm drunk wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOT_BoGpCn4[/youtube]
And what is a "Leppo"?
Dude, weed: the Candidate.
He's still better on foreign policy than the warmongering arms merchant, or the reality TV star.
I'll take the stoner fuck up over the buffoon and the woman who seems ready to start WWIII. How is that Russia Reset working out?
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

The real answer is reining in the executive branch and restoring the checks and balances Congress is supposed to provide.

It shouldn't matter this much which person gets elected President every 4 years. That's not how our system is supposed to work and it's biting us all in the ass, either now or later.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

The Ginger Beard Man wrote:
Herv100 wrote:All you Johnson slurpers must have missed Rand Paul, who is more libertarian than Johnson could hope to be. In fact Johnson is a fake ass libertarian.
Rand Paul had his shot. A swing and a miss.
Yes, and Johnson will miss as well, while at the same time confuse people as to what libertarian means since he isn't one. He said Obama's Supreme Court pick was a good one. LOL

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

TerryB wrote:The real answer is reining in the executive branch and restoring the checks and balances Congress is supposed to provide.

It shouldn't matter this much which person gets elected President every 4 years. That's not how our system is supposed to work and it's biting us all in the ass, either now or later.
Fuckin' A, Bubba
Don’t believe everything you think.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

TerryB wrote:The real answer is reining in the executive branch and restoring the checks and balances Congress is supposed to provide.

In theory, I agree.

In practice, the media & their dupes, the public, have neutered Congress.
Impeachment was a big loser for the Republican Congress and so was the Budget Shutdown a few years ago. So there go the impeachment powers and the power of the purse. There's nothing left except to block any legislation the out-of-power party proposes.

It's time to seriously look at Mark Levin's idea about a Convention of the States. See Article V of the Constitution.

W.B. Yeats

Yes, I'm drunk

Post by Yes, I'm drunk »

Power is always hierarchical, and ultimately always centralizes onto one man. Could be a president, monarch, chief of the politburo.....whatever.

Nobody's ever figured out a way to get round this. Not that I think it should be gotten around. It's seems to be a natural emanation of our, well, nature.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Yes. That was the motivation for Checks & Balances in the US system. It's just that some folks have gamed the system.

W.B. Yeats

DikTracy6000
Sgt. Major

Post by DikTracy6000 »

johno wrote:

In theory, I agree.

In practice, the media & their dupes, the public, have neutered Congress.
Impeachment was a big loser for the Republican Congress and so was the Budget Shutdown a few years ago. So there go the impeachment powers and the power of the purse. There's nothing left except to block any legislation the out-of-power party proposes.

It's time to seriously look at Mark Levin's idea about a Convention of the States. See Article V of the Constitution.
That whiney mofo is now a Trumper. Mark's joined the Dark Side. Who's next, Glen Beck?

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

johno wrote:It's time to seriously look at Mark Levin's idea about a Convention of the States. See Article V of the Constitution.
Unless Trump could seriously blow up the entire system, and I have doubts about this, a Convention of States may be the best method to restore some system of checks & balances in the country. The thing is, I don't see how it could gain traction in the current media environment.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

With his Childcare proposal, Trump again demonstrates that he is another Big Government type.

The Convention of the States will be ignored the the media unless it gains some significant traction. Then it will be derided and attacked.

Its only hope is to go viral.

W.B. Yeats

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

johno wrote:With his Childcare proposal, Trump again demonstrates that he is another Big Government type.

The Convention of the States will be ignored the the media unless it gains some significant traction. Then it will be derided and attacked.

He once suggested a one-time wealth tax basically taking rich people's shit. The idea that he's in any way an actual conservative is cuckoo.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
johno wrote:With his Childcare proposal, Trump again demonstrates that he is another Big Government type.

He once suggested a one-time wealth tax basically taking rich people's shit. The idea that he's in any way an actual conservative is cuckoo.
There's only one fiscal conservative in this race. Unfortunately, he doesn't hate gays or Mexicans, so the GOP wants nothing to do with him.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Pinky wrote:
Grandpa's Spells wrote:

There's only one fiscal conservative in this race. Unfortunately, he doesn't hate gays or Mexicans, so the GOP wants nothing to do with him.
Leave Hillary alone.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Pinky wrote:
Grandpa's Spells wrote:

Leave Hillary alone.
Is there something about Illary's gender than I don't know?

I do know that she's not a fiscal conservative. You can't ask her for the time of day without her rattling off a list of 15 government policies that she will enact to improve our nation's ability to tell time.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."