White kid shot in Reno. My money is on racial violence here.

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

White kid shot in Reno. My money is on racial violence here.

Post by bennyonesix »

If he were gay and getting beat down it would be everywhere. If he were a minority, same same. But no mentiin of cause of group assault. Something is being suppressed.

http://reason.com/blog/2016/12/10/reno- ... ctim-of-bu

Boris

Re: White kid shot in Reno. My money is on racial violence here.

Post by Boris »

Didn't bother with the link, but are you claiming that black on white crime can be based on race?

Topic author
bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

Thanks. Good post.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Is the kid chasing others while swinging the long knives the one who got shot?
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Topic author
bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

Yes.

climber511
Gunny

Post by climber511 »

Might get interesting - bunch of chicken shits all gang up on one kid (for the second day in a row) and when he goes to protect himself - the cop shoots him instead of the assholes who ganged up on him. It's always hard to judge from less than full information but damn - this sounds like a mess. And half the school watching and cheering - what a bunch of sick fucks our society is turning into.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:Is the kid chasing others while swinging the long knives the one who got shot?
He should have learned the art of street sword, this is clearly.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Topic author
bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

climber511 wrote:Might get interesting - bunch of chicken shits all gang up on one kid (for the second day in a row) and when he goes to protect himself - the cop shoots him instead of the assholes who ganged up on him. It's always hard to judge from less than full information but damn - this sounds like a mess. And half the school watching and cheering - what a bunch of sick fucks our society is turning into.
They were entirely unmoved by the shooting as well. Had to be forced away. There is much more to this story.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

climber511 wrote:Might get interesting - bunch of chicken shits all gang up on one kid (for the second day in a row) and when he goes to protect himself - the cop shoots him instead of the assholes who ganged up on him. It's always hard to judge from less than full information but damn - this sounds like a mess. And half the school watching and cheering - what a bunch of sick fucks our society is turning into.
Every time a kid has had enough of the bullshit (and nobody in authority has the sack to handle the situation before it get out of hand) and comes in with guns blazing to take care of business, all you hear is "how could this happen?"

Fuck. I'm surprised it doesn't happen every other day. High school can be just a shade more tame than prison under normal circumstances. Get a serious case of bullying going and I fully understand snapping and mowing the fuckers down.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

The cop was fine with the gang beating but didn't feel motivated to do anything until the knife came out?
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Boris

Post by Boris »

Ah, this case. I'm sorry I dismissed it so quickly. Horrible.

It's crazy. How about throwing a chair at the 14 y/o and then tackling him?

Yes Benny, you could probably make the case for racial violence preceding the shooting, but you could also just look at it as bullying, failure of school policy/culture, failure of police training perspective(s) as well. The news isn't exactly the best place to find nuanced and complex interpretation - I wish that could change, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Maybe the cop shot the kid just to watch him die.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

johno wrote:Maybe the cop shot the kid just to watch him die.
That is absolutely my most guilty laugh of 2016.

Oh, and fuck that school times infinity. Not sure about the cop yet.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party