Pedo Poll

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Criminally - How young is too young?

25%
29%
21%
25%

Total votes: 24

Topic author
johno
Sergeant Commanding

Pedo Poll

Post by johno »

In light of the Milo kerfuffle...
Apparently, Milo admitted to sex with a 29 year old priest when he was 17. In Great Britain, he was "of age" at seventeen. Although the priest's potential position of trust could have made the sex illegal.

EDIT - I added "Criminally" to the poll question. When should prison time result from sexing?
Last edited by johno on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Topic author
johno
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Pedo Poll

Post by johno »

PS - Until 2001, the age of consent was fourteen in Hawaii.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_c ... ted_States

W.B. Yeats

climber511
Gunny

Post by climber511 »

At my age I consider 40 as too young to keep up with :). But seriously - if you are an "adult" leave "kids" alone. Kids having sex with other kids is one thing - grown ups should be doing grown ups - not children.

Testiclaw

Post by Testiclaw »

Age is tricky, even more so when considering context of the age of the suspect, so to speak.

Along with age, using a position of authority as a method to initiate contact is the big problem for me.

It's tough to sort out, because the arguments could be made on a case by case basis, but it's never that easy.
My cousin is a redheaded german-mexican, we call him a beanerschnitzel

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

I always heard the rule was half your age plus seven.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

If one of you is 17 and the other is 14, that's dicey.

If one of you is under 18 and the other is mid-20s that's kinda skeevy.

If one of you is under 18 and the other is 40+ that's all kinds of fucked up.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

climber511 wrote:At my age I consider 40 as too young to keep up with :). But seriously - if you are an "adult" leave "kids" alone. Kids having sex with other kids is one thing - grown ups should be doing grown ups - not children.
One day I realized that I'm way more interested in checking out the hot moms my age at the mall or the grocery store than their daughters.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

climber511
Gunny

Post by climber511 »

Mickey O'neil wrote:I always heard the rule was half your age plus seven.
68/2= 34+ 7 = 41
So your rule and my thoughts (40) are really close.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Frankly, I have a hard time recognizing anyone under 33 as human. Some 27 y.o. chippy with perky titties and a snug box is All Hat and No Cattle as far as I'm concerned. You need to know how to operate the gear your packing.

EDIT:

I listened to the podcast where Milo told that story, it was clearly a joke based on some youthful chicanery but he made no such indication he was talking about or endorsing anything illegal.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Topic author
johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:clearly a joke based on some youthful chicanery but he made no such indication he was talking about or endorsing anything illegal.
Thanks. I was too lazy to pursue the info myself, but I'll take your research as truth.

It's tough to answer my own poll. I'm so far removed from mid-teens that I maybe shouldn't have an opinion. Certainly not based on age alone.

I think WA state gets it pretty much right:
The age of consent in Washington is 16.

It is also illegal to engage in sexual acts with someone younger than 18 under three different sets of circumstances, enumerated in RCW 9A.44.096. Foster parents with their foster children; school teachers and school administration employees over their students (including, as interpreted by the Washington State Supreme Court, students up to age 21[126]); The third set of circumstances require all of the following situations occur in tandem: The older person is 60 months or more older than the 16- or 17-year-old, the person is in a significant relationship as defined by RCW 9A.44.010, and such older person abuses the relationship to have sexual contact.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_c ... Washington

The sliding scale and "position of trust" provision makes sense.

But when it comes to creepiness, I support the 1/2 plus 7. That would allow me to prey on youthful forty-somethings.

W.B. Yeats

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:Frankly, I have a hard time recognizing anyone under 33 as human. Some 27 y.o. chippy with perky titties and a snug box is All Hat and No Cattle as far as I'm concerned. You need to know how to operate the gear your packing.

EDIT:

I listened to the podcast where Milo told that story, it was clearly a joke based on some youthful chicanery but he made no such indication he was talking about or endorsing anything illegal.
Are you talking about where he was talking about his own experiences while under 18 or his experiences attending Hollywood parties? I took it that he was possibly joking about the former and not joking about the latter.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Turdacious wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Frankly, I have a hard time recognizing anyone under 33 as human. Some 27 y.o. chippy with perky titties and a snug box is All Hat and No Cattle as far as I'm concerned. You need to know how to operate the gear your packing.

EDIT:

Are you talking about where he was talking about his own experiences while under 18 or his experiences attending Hollywood parties? I took it that he was possibly joking about the former and not joking about the latter.
Same as you...the former he was being a bit cheeky...even if true, the second he was either serious, or seriously slander/trolling.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Topic author
johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

When to take a self-admitted troll seriously?

W.B. Yeats

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill »

Off thread a little:
Back 30 years ago, our Big Brothers and Sisters program was virtually destroyed by a single child abuser. All board members quit, fearing lawsuits. At the time, I had little money, so I helped reorganize and became board chair. Sue me all you want, it's blood from a turnip.

Naturally, a lot of my job was to vet people who wanted to become "Bigs."

There were many sincere people. But the amount of Pedos applying for the program was flabbergasting. Obviously we set in many safe-guards, but here came all these out of town guys just moving in. And they were all red-flagged by other Big Bro systems in the state. Then we needed to get national info. It was astounding. There are people who move all over the country just to molest children in their care.

One or two prospective "bigs" who objected to being rejected wanted to talk. I never got physical, but let them know I had certain info about them and I was inclined to release it if they stayed in my town. Most of them left. But the number of them literally amazed me.

BTW, I'm no longer with the program, but it is up and running very well and serving triple the amount of kids than when I was the chair.

Topic author
johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Good on you, Tim!

W.B. Yeats

Topic author
johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Pedos are not only destructive to the children they molest; they are a cancer in every organization that they occupy, destroying trust between children and adults.

W.B. Yeats

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

Just a comment about boys. Cause everyone is all scared about girls and gay boys. Everyone seems to assume that a sexual experience with an older woman would be a grand thing for a teen boy, ages range. I have a 13 year old and an 11 year old boy. Id seriously gut a bitch if she thought she was going to pull a Mrs. Robinson on my sons. Maturity can be relative, but seriously. Dont fuck with my boys.

Id have fucked her up: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... r-old-boy/
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

WildGorillaMan wrote:
climber511 wrote:At my age I consider 40 as too young to keep up with :). But seriously - if you are an "adult" leave "kids" alone. Kids having sex with other kids is one thing - grown ups should be doing grown ups - not children.
One day I realized that I'm way more interested in checking out the hot moms my age at the mall or the grocery store than their daughters.
I remember the day I noticed it and turned to a friend who told me "welcome to the club".
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:I listened to the podcast where Milo told that story, it was clearly a joke based on some youthful chicanery but he made no such indication he was talking about or endorsing anything illegal.
I didn't hear the podcast in question but he made fairly similar comments on Rogan and there is no way you could take it as more of telling his personal experiences and trolling.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Protobuilder wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:I listened to the podcast where Milo told that story, it was clearly a joke based on some youthful chicanery but he made no such indication he was talking about or endorsing anything illegal.
I didn't hear the podcast in question but he made fairly similar comments on Rogan and there is no way you could take it as more of telling his personal experiences and trolling.
Sure there is. More traditional Republicans have been looking for an excuse to get the alt-right out of the big tent, or at least get them off center stage. This provided ample reason to permanently sideline one of their biggest mouthpieces.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

syaigh wrote:Just a comment about boys. Cause everyone is all scared about girls and gay boys. Everyone seems to assume that a sexual experience with an older woman would be a grand thing for a teen boy, ages range. I have a 13 year old and an 11 year old boy. Id seriously gut a bitch if she thought she was going to pull a Mrs. Robinson on my sons. Maturity can be relative, but seriously. Dont fuck with my boys.

You are a mother in law in training. :yawinkle: Watch out when they get older and bring girlfriends. My relationship with my own mother took a surprising turn for the worse when I got married - my wife obviously wasn't good enough.

In regards to boys having sex with mature women - 11 and 13 are too young and are probably more interested in computer games and playing soldiers. But trust me, from the age of about 15 - 17 thoughts about sex occupy about 80% of boys' mind.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Turdacious wrote:
Protobuilder wrote:
Sure there is. More traditional Republicans have been looking for an excuse to get the alt-right out of the big tent, or at least get them off center stage. This provided ample reason to permanently sideline one of their biggest mouthpieces.
I meant if you were rational and objective.

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

Sangoma wrote:
syaigh wrote:Just a comment about boys. Cause everyone is all scared about girls and gay boys. Everyone seems to assume that a sexual experience with an older woman would be a grand thing for a teen boy, ages range. I have a 13 year old and an 11 year old boy. Id seriously gut a bitch if she thought she was going to pull a Mrs. Robinson on my sons. Maturity can be relative, but seriously. Dont fuck with my boys.

You are a mother in law in training. :yawinkle: Watch out when they get older and bring girlfriends. My relationship with my own mother took a surprising turn for the worse when I got married - my wife obviously wasn't good enough.

In regards to boys having sex with mature women - 11 and 13 are too young and are probably more interested in computer games and playing soldiers. But trust me, from the age of about 15 - 17 thoughts about sex occupy about 80% of boys' mind.
I am very sure of that, i coach a good number of boys this age. Trust me, girls are too. But there is a broad range of maturity there and even though they may want to have sex, sex with an adult is not necessarily something they want. Its a completely different world and adults are still part if that group of nurturers, teachers and parents, ie, they arent peers and there is a power imbalance. Much easier to manipulate.

In the article i cited, a woman made very deliberate attempts to seduce her sons 15 year old friend to the point of having a part at their beach house, lying to the other parents,, supplying alcohol, and performing oral sex on him. He called his dad to come get him. That kid did not want to have sex with this woman. Who calls their dad in the middle of the night to drive 3 hours to get him away from a sexual experience with an older woman? A kid who feels violated.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

Mickey's rule allows me to screw around with women above 30, but I probably wouldn't bother with anyone under 40.
This stuff gets dicey when you have kids close in age. Is it really so awful if an 18 year old has sex with a 16 year old? Or if they're 17 and 15?
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

If a 12 yr old can consent to a sex change, why can't they consent to sex?