The customer is always right

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

climber511
Gunny

Re: The customer is always right

Post by climber511 »

With any luck the "overbooking" issue might be less of a problem for a few months anyway. Be nice to see a better overall policy on the entire issue. In my mind once they let you on the plane and in your seat it's game over for them - with all the computers etc - they know what's up before reaching the point this got to..

climber511
Gunny

Post by climber511 »

With any luck the "overbooking" issue might be less of a problem for a few months anyway. Be nice to see a better overall policy on the entire issue. In my mind once they let you on the plane and in your seat it's game over for them - with all the computers etc - they know what's up before reaching the point this got to..

Boris

Post by Boris »

JimZipCode wrote:"Reasonable requests from flight crew" = being singled out and told I have to GTFO the plane. What?
I agree with you!

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

When the facts emerge I think the good doctor will slink away to his practice or what is left of it.

This could have been handled better in many areas, but once the doctor reboarded, he was in for a butt whooping.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

powerlifter54 wrote:When the facts emerge I think the good doctor will slink away to his practice or what is left of it.

This could have been handled better in many areas, but once the doctor reboarded, he was in for a butt whooping.
Fuck United but I think the doctor may have taken too much "medicine". His behavior was definitely abnormal.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

DikTracy6000
Sgt. Major

Post by DikTracy6000 »

powerlifter54 wrote:When the facts emerge I think the good doctor will slink away to his practice or what is left of it.

I think the Doc has a pretty high shame tolerance, and while I didn't watch his lawyer's press conf. today, it reeks of Better Call Saul.(edit) just listened to whole one hour press conference, and changing my tune after hearing Dao's attorney, Tom DeMetrio. Doz guys in a LOT of trouble.
Last edited by DikTracy6000 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I'm pretty sure he got messed up on the first departure, when getting dragged out.
Don’t believe everything you think.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

He's a 69 year old guy who just got punched unconscious, his nose broken and two teeth knocked out. He may have been a little disoriented.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

DrDonkeyLove wrote:

Fuck United but I think the doctor may have taken too much "medicine". His behavior was definitely abnormal.
He's a senior citizen with a history of mental health and behavioral health issues who got KTFO'ed-- not in his right mind seems pretty reasonable under the circumstances.

And just because you've done fucked up things doesn't mean that you aren't owed $$$. Anyone agree with me?
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

reminds me of the old fram oil-filter ad: "you can pay me now or you can pay me later."

as the ad suggests, it would have been a lot cheaper to pay before the engine blew
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.