Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Post Reply
User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11304
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by nafod » Wed May 10, 2017 1:41 pm

Fire Yates, fire Flynn, fire Comey...nice try.
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 10736
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:08 pm

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Wed May 10, 2017 1:54 pm

I was pretty sure there wouldn't be an IC or special prosecutor on this until after the midterms. Team Trump has managed to raise the odds of that significantly.

User avatar
powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7888
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:46 pm
Location: TX

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by powerlifter54 » Wed May 10, 2017 4:00 pm

Don't get your hopes up.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

JimZipCode
Top
Posts: 1389
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:48 pm

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by JimZipCode » Wed May 10, 2017 5:51 pm

powerlifter54 wrote:Don't get your hopes up.
Agreed. The Dems would have to raise their game an unprecedented degree, for the midterms to change anything. No evidence so far that they have their act together enough to even tie their shoes.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6797
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:34 pm

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by dead man walking » Wed May 10, 2017 5:56 pm

JUST DAYS BEFORE FIRING, COMEY ASKED TO EXPAND RUSSIA INQUIRY
Made Request to Official Who Wrote Memo on His Firing

keep moving. nothing to see here.
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

User avatar
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 10736
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:08 pm

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Wed May 10, 2017 6:01 pm

His own people are talking about how he yells at the TV.

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6797
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:34 pm

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by dead man walking » Wed May 10, 2017 8:05 pm

i think he learned that at andy's knee
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11304
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by nafod » Wed May 10, 2017 8:08 pm

powerlifter54 wrote:Don't get your hopes up.
Republicans putting party before republic. Sad!
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 21051
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:26 pm

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Wed May 10, 2017 8:10 pm

If trump goes we have that bible thumping repressed homo for president

User avatar
powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7888
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:46 pm
Location: TX

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by powerlifter54 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:35 pm

I still have not seen anything that makes me thing replacing Mr Obama with Hilliary would have been better. The only thing they have in common is Comey would have been fired faster under Hiliary.

You lost. When you get over it you can start to understand why you lost.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11304
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by nafod » Wed May 10, 2017 9:11 pm

powerlifter54 wrote:I still have not seen anything that makes me thing replacing Mr Obama with Hilliary would have been better.
Be patient, he'll get there.
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
syaigh
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5615
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:29 am
Location: Surrounded by short irrational people

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by syaigh » Wed May 10, 2017 9:17 pm

powerlifter54 wrote:I still have not seen anything that makes me thing replacing Mr Obama with Hilliary would have been better. The only thing they have in common is Comey would have been fired faster under Hiliary.

You lost. When you get over it you can start to understand why you lost.
We all lost. When you can understand that, you'll start to understand why we all lost. And we all lost long before the primaries.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

User avatar
seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it
Posts: 7694
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:07 pm
Location: The Deep Blue Sea

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by seeahill » Thu May 11, 2017 4:34 am

powerlifter54 wrote:I still have not seen anything that makes me thing replacing Mr Obama with Hilliary would have been better. The only thing they have in common is Comey would have been fired faster under Hiliary.

You lost. When you get over it you can start to understand why you lost.
Hmm, you don't smell anything the least bit fishy here?
Image

User avatar
johno
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7802
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:36 pm

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by johno » Thu May 11, 2017 5:20 am

Grandpa's Spells wrote:I was pretty sure there wouldn't be an IC or special prosecutor on this until after the midterms. Team Trump has managed to raise the odds of that significantly.
Fuck Yeah! Let's investigate.

Fast & Furious
The Weaponization of the IRS & Lois Lerner's refusal to testify
Hillary's Exposure of State Secrets to Foreign Powers
Attorney General Loretta Lynch's meeting with Bill Clinton on the tarmac
Donald's Russian Connection

Let's investigate them all.

Fuck Yeah!
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11304
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by nafod » Thu May 11, 2017 10:35 am

johno wrote:
Grandpa's Spells wrote:I was pretty sure there wouldn't be an IC or special prosecutor on this until after the midterms. Team Trump has managed to raise the odds of that significantly.
Fuck Yeah! Let's investigate.

Fast & Furious
The Weaponization of the IRS & Lois Lerner's refusal to testify
Hillary's Exposure of State Secrets to Foreign Powers
Attorney General Loretta Lynch's meeting with Bill Clinton on the tarmac
Donald's Russian Connection

Fuck Yeah!
Name the sitting President in that bunch.

There's always Benghazi to be investigated for the 50th time as a stalling tactic.
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11304
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by nafod » Thu May 11, 2017 10:46 am

Trump had long questioned Comey’s loyalty and judgment, and was infuriated by what he viewed as the director’s lack of action in recent weeks on leaks from within the federal government....But the private accounts of more than 30 officials at the White House, the Justice Department, the FBI and on Capitol Hill, as well as Trump confidants and other senior Republicans...Many of those interviewed spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to candidly discuss internal deliberations.
AHHAHAHAHA!

Heh

I wonder if Drumpf's "public relations manager" was one of them.
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
Herv100
Sgt. Major
Posts: 3696
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:12 am

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by Herv100 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:16 am

Comey was stonewalling the investigation into the leaks and unmasking. He was also stonewalling the investigation into Donald/Russia. Both sides should be pissed.

Taking all the bullshit out, I'd like to see a decent rebuttal to the deputy AG's(who was almost unanimously confirmed) letter about Comey. I don't think there is one except "Muh Russia Connection!"
Image

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11304
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by nafod » Thu May 11, 2017 11:19 am

Herv100 wrote:Comey was stonewalling the investigation into the leaks and unmasking. He was also stonewalling the investigation into Donald/Russia. Both sides should be pissed.

Taking all the bullshit out, I'd like to see a decent rebuttal to the deputy AG's(who was almost unanimously confirmed) letter about Comey. I don't think there is one except "Muh Russia Connection!"
That's pretty much the extent of it. Trump fired Comey because Comey was investigating his collusion with the Russians. Pretty simple, really.
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
Herv100
Sgt. Major
Posts: 3696
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:12 am

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by Herv100 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:30 am

nafod wrote:
Herv100 wrote:Comey was stonewalling the investigation into the leaks and unmasking. He was also stonewalling the investigation into Donald/Russia. Both sides should be pissed.

Taking all the bullshit out, I'd like to see a decent rebuttal to the deputy AG's(who was almost unanimously confirmed) letter about Comey. I don't think there is one except "Muh Russia Connection!"
That's pretty much the extent of it. Trump fired Comey because Comey was investigating his collusion with the Russians. Pretty simple, really.
Bullshit. Trump isn't even being investigated. Even Obama's Yates said a couple days ago there was no evidence of collusion with Russia.
Image

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11304
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by nafod » Thu May 11, 2017 12:14 pm

Herv100 wrote:
nafod wrote:
Herv100 wrote:Comey was stonewalling the investigation into the leaks and unmasking. He was also stonewalling the investigation into Donald/Russia. Both sides should be pissed.

Taking all the bullshit out, I'd like to see a decent rebuttal to the deputy AG's(who was almost unanimously confirmed) letter about Comey. I don't think there is one except "Muh Russia Connection!"
That's pretty much the extent of it. Trump fired Comey because Comey was investigating his collusion with the Russians. Pretty simple, really.
Bullshit. Trump isn't even being investigated. Even Obama's Yates said a couple days ago there was no evidence of collusion with Russia.
From the WSJ:
In the weeks before President Donald Trump fired FBI Director James Comey, a federal investigation into potential collusion between Trump associates and the Russian government was heating up, as Mr. Comey became increasingly occupied with the probe.

Mr. Comey started receiving daily instead of weekly updates on the investigation, beginning at least three weeks ago, according to people with knowledge of the matter and the progress of the Federal Bureau of Investigation probe. Mr. Comey was concerned by information showing potential evidence of collusion, according to these people.
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7888
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:46 pm
Location: TX

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by powerlifter54 » Thu May 11, 2017 12:39 pm

seeahill wrote:
powerlifter54 wrote:I still have not seen anything that makes me thing replacing Mr Obama with Hilliary would have been better. The only thing they have in common is Comey would have been fired faster under Hiliary.

You lost. When you get over it you can start to understand why you lost.
Hmm, you don't smell anything the least bit fishy here?

I have been smelling and telling you drones about it since last fall. Hilliary was never destined or a lock to win and Trump was slowly and wisely kicking her ass.

Up until 9 or 10 on election night you all were still laughing and celebrating Queen Hilliary, and then it dawned on you it had gone horribly wrong. At least the Falcons knew they were up,against the best quarterback ever. You folks never questioned her or her candidacy, and now you lash about for anything, no matter how foolish, to blame or wish will get you your Hilliary.

They were idiots in the White House, idiots in the State Department, had no concept of security or secure comms, lacked an ability to speak in public, was physically frail, had a list of lies from keep your doctor to Benghazi to the IRS to I had every right to keep my own server for my official email, and ran a math and data free campaign.

And now the sore loser game continues. You are not convincing anybody except the same drones in the splattering of blue cities across the country. Keep advocating for more Muslim Immigration, more rights for illegals, more job killing regulations, more rioting, and more government run everything. And keep telling yourselves how smart you are and how dumb and racist your opponents are. See how that works out for you.

So far, not so good. Who ya gonna call now? Elizabeth Warren?

Please please please do.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6797
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:34 pm

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by dead man walking » Thu May 11, 2017 1:18 pm

Herv100 wrote: the deputy AG's(who was almost unanimously confirmed) letter about Comey.
rosenstein was merely a cat's paw. the question now is, has rosenstein been declawed, or will he be pissed at how he was used? because make no mistake about it, his letter was a mere excuse and he knows it.

career prosecutors are typically tough and not for sale. sessions and trump may have a new problem now.

time will tell.
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11304
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by nafod » Thu May 11, 2017 2:26 pm

dead man walking wrote:
Herv100 wrote: the deputy AG's(who was almost unanimously confirmed) letter about Comey.
rosenstein was merely a cat's paw.
yup. Trump clothed himself in Rosenstein's integrity.

If Rosenstein appoints a Special Counsel, then I'll have some confidence that we'll determine the depths of collusion between Trump and Russia. If not, we already know Trump will stop at nothing to squash it, and (a lot of) the republicans will sacrifice their last shred of dignity helping him.

Sad!
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
johno
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7802
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:36 pm

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by johno » Thu May 11, 2017 2:48 pm

nafod wrote:
johno wrote:
Grandpa's Spells wrote:I was pretty sure there wouldn't be an IC or special prosecutor on this until after the midterms. Team Trump has managed to raise the odds of that significantly.
Fuck Yeah! Let's investigate.

Fast & Furious
The Weaponization of the IRS & Lois Lerner's refusal to testify
Hillary's Exposure of State Secrets to Foreign Powers
Attorney General Loretta Lynch's meeting with Bill Clinton on the tarmac
Donald's Russian Connection

Fuck Yeah!
Name the sitting President in that bunch.
And when Obama was sitting President, did you call for those investigations?
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11304
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by nafod » Thu May 11, 2017 3:13 pm

johno wrote:
nafod wrote:
johno wrote:
Grandpa's Spells wrote:I was pretty sure there wouldn't be an IC or special prosecutor on this until after the midterms. Team Trump has managed to raise the odds of that significantly.
Fuck Yeah! Let's investigate.

Fast & Furious
The Weaponization of the IRS & Lois Lerner's refusal to testify
Hillary's Exposure of State Secrets to Foreign Powers
Attorney General Loretta Lynch's meeting with Bill Clinton on the tarmac
Donald's Russian Connection

Fuck Yeah!
Name the sitting President in that bunch.
And when Obama was sitting President, did you call for those investigations?
No, none of them warranted me "getting off the sidelines" and actively yelling on the internet. Same for a number of Bush-isms.

But then none of them compared to an adversarial power (Russia) directly interfering in the foundation of our democracy (election) by colluding with one of our candidates (Trump). Not even close. This one has me as an active participant.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Post Reply