Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by Turdacious »

DrDonkeyLove wrote:
Turdacious wrote:
nafod wrote:
johno wrote:
nafod wrote:
johno wrote:
nafod wrote:
johno wrote: If Hillary's leaving national secrets open to compromise by foreign agents didn't alarm you, you set a pretty high bar.
Which case are you referring to?
Hillary's unsecured and likely compromised email system while she was Secretary of State. Had you heard?
We know for sure the DoS email unclass system was compromised. They should have used Hillary's server.
^Pathetic rationalization. Against advice, she left Top Secret and SAP information unprotected.
While not the focus of our investigation, we also developed evidence that the security culture of the State Department in general, and with respect to use of unclassified e-mail systems in particular, was generally lacking in the kind of care for classified information found elsewhere in the government.
So...you cite the results of an investigation to argue there should have been an investigation?

It cost her the election, and you reap what you sow. But DoS works in a unique environment.
The lingering email issue, combines with Wiener sending boner pics to a 14 year old from a computer which contained emails, cost her the election.
I had not thought of that at all. Weiner's boner pic obsession may have been the engorged straw that broke the election camel's back.

Considering Bill's sexual shenanigans, errant erections have been a major problem in her life. Feels like something from a Greek tragedy.
The weird thing is that nafod, who lives in Sanduskyville, hasn't caught on to the fact that America doesn't like creepy wannabe pedos.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

powerlifter54 wrote:... and now you lash about for anything, no matter how foolish, to blame or wish will get you your Hilliary.
And now the sore loser game continues. You are not convincing anybody ...
You are completely misunderstanding. I assume it's deliberate, since you seem so acute on other stuff.

Democrats or liberals aren't trying to turn back the clock to Nov 8 and make it turn out right this time.
(Which by the way is more than I can say for the Republican Party's behavior during the Clinton administration.)
It's not sore loser syndrome. It's genuine dismay for the country. Trump's administration is the worst thing to happen to the Republic​ since Nixon's scandal.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:The FBI raids in Annapolis today are looking interesting.
Might just be a Scam PAC investigation. Not related to Russia or Trump at all.

But agree, it's a juicy headline, given the timing.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

nafod wrote:You're right, because I saw a lot of it. Combination of ignorance on class guides, changing class info, and pressure to accomplish the mission, mixed in with the shitty DoS IT system or even lack of a system when outside the wire.
All of the class info on her server got there via unclass government systems, where it all originated with GS employees and SES, i.e., the professionals. Think this wasn't going on for years? Normal way of their doing business?
The DoS info tech back in that day sucked, I know, because I worked closely with them. Unique issues too, with for example foreigners who like email sending emails that by classification guides are instantly classified, and it is sitting on the unclass server. Constantly working "outside the fence" without access to nifty secure IT, but with a mission to do.
I remember some grimace-inducing emails talking around stuff on the mil side too, due to at least one party not having the right access, but the show must go on. These involved CAPTs and CDRs and COLs.
This is consistent with what I've gleaned from reading about the issue. State has people all over the world sending notes back to headquarters, and they can't open their shoe phone and talk on a secure line every single time they have something to say. These people are working, and they have to constantly make compromises between security and communication. They use their best judgement. Sometimes they make references to things that are technically "secret", but they know the other guys know about it. These kinds of balancing acts have been going on since Ben Franklin went to Paris.

We know for a fact that some of the "seven e-mail chains concerning matters that were classified at the Top Secret/Special Access Program level when they were sent and received" were about the drone strike program. That's "classified": and it's been common knowledge around the world for many years, televised on CNN, etc. We also know one of the email chains was about Hillary's plan to attend a birthday party for some South American politician. We don't know the bizarre explanation for WHY that was classified - maybe potential travel info about a Cabinet member is automatically classified? - but it was.

The claim that Hillary substantially damaged national security by her email operation is at least unsubstantiated; likely bullshit. Pure political gamesmanship.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

JimZipCode wrote:
powerlifter54 wrote:... and now you lash about for anything, no matter how foolish, to blame or wish will get you your Hilliary.
And now the sore loser game continues. You are not convincing anybody ...
You are completely misunderstanding. I assume it's deliberate, since you seem so acute on other stuff.

Democrats or liberals aren't trying to turn back the clock to Nov 8 and make it turn out right this time.
(Which by the way is more than I can say for the Republican Party's behavior during the Clinton administration.)
It's not sore loser syndrome. It's genuine dismay for the country. Trump's administration is the worst thing to happen to the Republic​ since Nixon's scandal.
Yeah, I'm totally in dismay for our country. The no-nation-building, lower taxes, good Supreme Court justice, reduced regulations on small business, no Cold War with Russia, etc are so terrible. We need a president who says things like "jobs aren't just gonna come back" and "if you have a business, you didn't build that"

LOL at Nixon. Who was weaponizing the IC and IRS against political opponents(worse than Nixon)?

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Herv100 wrote:Yeah, I'm totally in dismay for our country. The no-nation-building, lower taxes, good Supreme Court justice, reduced regulations on small business, no Cold War with Russia, etc are so terrible. We need a president who says things like "jobs aren't just gonna come back" and "if you have a business, you didn't build that"

LOL at Nixon. Who was weaponizing the IC and IRS against political opponents(worse than Nixon)?
I only come to the Free Speech forum for the random vids and the white women. I always regret butting in to anything else.

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

now he's tweeting threats to comey.

i read someone who said he imagined priebus trying to bust open the door to the oval office with his shoulder while the mad don tweets furiously.
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

Herv100 wrote:
nafod wrote:
Herv100 wrote:Comey was stonewalling the investigation into the leaks and unmasking. He was also stonewalling the investigation into Donald/Russia. Both sides should be pissed.

Taking all the bullshit out, I'd like to see a decent rebuttal to the deputy AG's(who was almost unanimously confirmed) letter about Comey. I don't think there is one except "Muh Russia Connection!"
That's pretty much the extent of it. Trump fired Comey because Comey was investigating his collusion with the Russians. Pretty simple, really.
Bullshit. Trump isn't even being investigated. Even Obama's Yates said a couple days ago there was no evidence of collusion with Russia.
This is not true. In March Comey, under oath admitted that Trump and his organization were under investigation. There is a FISA warrant on Flynn for colluding with Kislyak and others. Clapper admitted that numerous foreign intel agencies gave us proof that Trump team was in contact on multiple occasions with Russian Intel. Yates refused to comment, but she did prove that Trump team and Pence, et al lied to you (and me) about why Flynn was let go from DNSA and that Flynn was compromised by the Russians and open to blackmail. McGahn laughed it off and Trump said "We don't even know her" so they ignored her hair on fire advice, fired Yates instead and gave the highest level of sensitive access to the secrets of the world to Flynn anyway. This AFTER the Trump team KNEW Flynn was an agent for Turkey and took money from Russia and lied about it.

You need to catch up, OR stick to threads you know more about. Like Giraffe bukkake, likely.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Yes I Have Balls wrote:
Herv100 wrote:
nafod wrote:
Herv100 wrote:Comey was stonewalling the investigation into the leaks and unmasking. He was also stonewalling the investigation into Donald/Russia. Both sides should be pissed.

Taking all the bullshit out, I'd like to see a decent rebuttal to the deputy AG's(who was almost unanimously confirmed) letter about Comey. I don't think there is one except "Muh Russia Connection!"
That's pretty much the extent of it. Trump fired Comey because Comey was investigating his collusion with the Russians. Pretty simple, really.
Bullshit. Trump isn't even being investigated. Even Obama's Yates said a couple days ago there was no evidence of collusion with Russia.
This is not true. In March Comey, under oath admitted that Trump and his organization were under investigation. There is a FISA warrant on Flynn for colluding with Kislyak and others. Clapper admitted that numerous foreign intel agencies gave us proof that Trump team was in contact on multiple occasions with Russian Intel. Yates refused to comment, but she did prove that Trump team and Pence, et al lied to you (and me) about why Flynn was let go from DNSA and that Flynn was compromised by the Russians and open to blackmail. McGahn laughed it off and Trump said "We don't even know her" so they ignored her hair on fire advice, fired Yates instead and gave the highest level of sensitive access to the secrets of the world to Flynn anyway. This AFTER the Trump team KNEW Flynn was an agent for Turkey and took money from Russia and lied about it.

You need to catch up, OR stick to threads you know more about. Like Giraffe bukkake, likely.
I wasn't awareeeee the girafeee was involveeed in this conveeersation.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill »

seeahill wrote:
powerlifter54 wrote:
seeahill wrote:
powerlifter54 wrote:I still have not seen anything that makes me thing replacing Mr Obama with Hilliary would have been better. The only thing they have in common is Comey would have been fired faster under Hiliary.

You lost. When you get over it you can start to understand why you lost.
Hmm, you don't smell anything the least bit fishy here?

I have been smelling and telling you drones about it since last fall. Hilliary was never destined or a lock to win and Trump was slowly and wisely kicking her ass.

Up until 9 or 10 on election night you all were still laughing and celebrating Queen Hilliary, and then it dawned on you it had gone horribly wrong. At least the Falcons knew they were up,against the best quarterback ever. You folks never questioned her or her candidacy, and now you lash about for anything, no matter how foolish, to blame or wish will get you your Hilliary.

They were idiots in the White House, idiots in the State Department, had no concept of security or secure comms, lacked an ability to speak in public, was physically frail, had a list of lies from keep your doctor to Benghazi to the IRS to I had every right to keep my own server for my official email, and ran a math and data free campaign.

And now the sore loser game continues. You are not convincing anybody except the same drones in the splattering of blue cities across the country. Keep advocating for more Muslim Immigration, more rights for illegals, more job killing regulations, more rioting, and more government run everything. And keep telling yourselves how smart you are and how dumb and racist your opponents are. See how that works out for you.

So far, not so good. Who ya gonna call now? Elizabeth Warren?

Please please please do.
Didn't answer the question.

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill »

But Geez,if you won, why are you so angry.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Much has been written about how President Trump's election has had a profound impact on the Republican party. What's drawn less attention -- but deserves more! -- is how Trump is affecting Democrats.
Sure, we've seen coverage of how Trump's election has emboldened the liberal left whose call for confrontation at all times has become the rallying cry of the party. (This New Yorker profile of Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer describes the rapid evolution from compromise to confrontation well.)
What's drawn less attention is how Trump's presidency has convinced liberals that every bad thing whispered about any Republican is, by default, true. Consider that in the last week alone, liberal outrage has been sparked on (at least) four occasions by alleged incidents that simply aren't accurate.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/08/politics/trump-liberals/
When Chris Cillizza (not exactly a conservative) says your panties are knotted, they are.

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Turdacious wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/08/politics/trump-liberals/
When Chris Cillizza (not exactly a conservative) says your panties are knotted, they are.
The only one of those I'd heard of was the rape pre-existing condition one. Actually I may have seen a headline about the FCC one, but that seemed pretty routine and inevitable - the FCC has always been​ likely to send you a nastygram when you talk about cocksucking on the air.

It's easy to believe just about anything from this group. I'm sure I've fallen for a few things, and will fall for more. But it's ironic to see a conservative call out liberals on that, given that conservatives have tended to believe every lie that Rush & O'Reilly & Alex Jones et al have told about Democrats for the last ~25 years, from Hillary's Christmas Tree of condoms & syringes to Pizzagate.

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Also:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/R6cU6bnZOZU[/youtube]

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

JimZipCode wrote:
Turdacious wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/08/politics/trump-liberals/
The only one of those I'd heard of was the rape pre-existing condition one. Actually I may have seen a headline about the FCC one, but that seemed pretty routine and inevitable - the FCC has always been​ likely to send you a nastygram when you talk about cocksucking on the air.

It's easy to believe just about anything from this group. I'm sure I've fallen for a few things, and will fall for more. But it's ironic to see a conservative call out liberals on that, given that conservatives have tended to believe every lie that Rush & O'Reilly & Alex Jones et al have told about Democrats for the last ~25 years, from Hillary's Christmas Tree of condoms & syringes to Pizzagate.
You're making Cillizza's point.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

seeahill wrote:But Geez,if you won, why are you so angry.
Anger is a very common pre-existing condition.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

JimZipCode wrote:Also:

Jeek and I have fallen away from each other over the last several years.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

nafod wrote:
johno wrote:OK, what do you Investigate-the-Russian-Connection guys expect to find?
short list...
That Trump has financial entanglements with Russians that compromise him.

That there were discussions of quid pro quo among members of Trump's campaign and Russians or Russian fronts.

That Trump campaign members or surrogates had advanced knowledge of Wikileaks downloads.

That Trump campaign members or surrogates suggested actions to the Russians.

That Trump has been lying about all of it, and other stuff too.
Just imagine what you might find!!
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

johno wrote:
nafod wrote:
johno wrote: If Hillary's leaving national secrets open to compromise by foreign agents didn't alarm you, you set a pretty high bar.
Hillary's unsecured and likely compromised email system while she was Secretary of State. Had you heard?
Yes, very important not to go around spilling secrets.
President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said that Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.

The information Trump relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.

The partner had not given the United States permission to share the material with Russia, and officials said that Trump’s decision to do so risks cooperation from an ally that has access to the inner workings of the Islamic State. After Trump’s meeting, senior White House officials took steps to contain the damage, placing calls to the CIA and National Security Agency.

...in one fell swoop he has told allies he is untrustworthy, thereby impairing intelligence-sharing that is critical to our national security. He has also dumped a bucket of fuel on the fire with regard to the Russia investigation, suggesting he has some affinity or at the very least blind spot with regard to Russia.
Not surprising at all, but sad.

The people who don't like or trust Trump are already at 110% not-liking, so nowhere to go when you learn of this, other than to look at the Trump supporters and ask, WTF?
Don’t believe everything you think.

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

nafod wrote:
johno wrote:
nafod wrote:
Yes, very important not to go around spilling secrets.
President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said that Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.

The information Trump relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.

The partner had not given the United States permission to share the material with Russia, and officials said that Trump’s decision to do so risks cooperation from an ally that has access to the inner workings of the Islamic State. After Trump’s meeting, senior White House officials took steps to contain the damage, placing calls to the CIA and National Security Agency.

...in one fell swoop he has told allies he is untrustworthy, thereby impairing intelligence-sharing that is critical to our national security. He has also dumped a bucket of fuel on the fire with regard to the Russia investigation, suggesting he has some affinity or at the very least blind spot with regard to Russia.
Not surprising at all, but sad.

The people who don't like or trust Trump are already at 110% not-liking, so nowhere to go when you learn of this, other than to look at the Trump supporters and ask, WTF?
That "sounds" very Trumpian but such a huge % of crazy things reported about him have been found to be crazily false that it's impossible to believe anything said by him or about him.

If he did do this he should tweet something maddening for the media to howl at as a distraction. Has worked every time so far.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

DrDonkeyLove wrote: such a huge % of crazy things reported about him have been found to be crazily false that it's impossible to believe anything said by him or about him.

It's this precise abdication of intellectual curiosity that let the buffoon in the race in the first place.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

tonkadtx
Staff Sergeant

Post by tonkadtx »

You mean the news story by the WaPo, about a meeting between 5 people, the two Russians, Trump, McMaster, and Tillerson, in which they admit they spoke to no one who was in the room and are relying solely on "Former Top Intelligence sources".

So speculation?

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

tonkadtx wrote:

You mean the news story by the WaPo, about a meeting between 5 people, the two Russians, Trump, McMaster, and Tillerson, in which they admit they spoke to no one who was in the room and are relying solely on "Former Top Intelligence sources".

So speculation?
You left off the Russian "news photographer".

I'm just glad there are Americans who took an oath of loyalty to the constitution instead of Trump, and are freaked out enough to leak this shit.
Don’t believe everything you think.

tonkadtx
Staff Sergeant

Post by tonkadtx »

You left off the Russian "news photographer".
They let the photographer stay while they discussed matters of state? he better start building his Polonium tolerance.