Spicy out

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Spicy out

Post by Turdacious »

White House press secretary Sean Spicer has resigned after opposing President Donald Trump's appointment of Anthony Scaramucci as communications director, NBC has confirmed with two people familiar with the matter.

The New York Times first reported the news.

Earlier, a source close to the White House told NBC that Scaramucci met with Trump and it went well. In the meeting, Scaramucci was offered the role of communications director and accepted it, according to multiple reports.

When NBC asked its source whether Trump would change his mind, the person said the president's mind is made up.

But Trump chief of staff Reince Priebus and top adviser Steve Bannon had resisted the appointment, NBC reported Friday. It said the two were kept out of the loop on the decision.
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/21/sean-spi ... e-nyt.html
Anyone laying odds on Sessions?
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Spicy out

Post by dead man walking »

nytimes white house reporter tweets:
Reince Priebus furious, per multiple who spoke w him. He has tried blocking Scaramucci at various points.
my money says reince is gone before sessions. i expect putin is already vetting candidates for the chief of staff job.
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

dead man walking wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:35 pm nytimes white house reporter tweets:
Reince Priebus furious, per multiple who spoke w him. He has tried blocking Scaramucci at various points.
my money says reince is gone before sessions. i expect putin is already vetting candidates for the chief of staff job.
I'd guess the opposite-- the GOP establishment really wants Priebus there. That said, if Sessions goes, the GOP establishment in the Senate will only confirm someone they're comfortable with.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Good for CDR Spicer
Don’t believe everything you think.

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Insiders say Sergey Kislyak is new front runner. (Kremlin insiders)
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Thank god they've finally hired a Goldman Sachs guy.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I wish they'd let Anne Coulter, Laura Ingraham, and Tomi Lehren have a three way mud wrestle for the job.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

The WSJ is twisting the knife.
Less than a month into his new job, White House press secretary Sean Spicer needed to keep his food and drink cold. He wanted a mini-fridge.

He dispatched a top aide to a nearby executive office building where junior research employees are crammed into a room, surviving on Lean Cuisine frozen lunches. Mr. Spicer wants your icebox, the aide said, according to people familiar with the incident. They refused to give it up.

So Mr. Spicer waited until sundown—after his young staffers had left—to take matters into his own hands. He was spotted by a fellow White House official lugging the icebox down the White House driveway after 8 p.m.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/sean-spice ... 1500678379

climber511
Gunny

Post by climber511 »

nafod wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:27 pm I wish they'd let Anne Coulter, Laura Ingraham, and Tomi Lehren have a three way mud wrestle for the job.
How about a four way with the legs(I mean ladies) from Fox News?

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Turdacious wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:25 am The WSJ is twisting the knife.
Less than a month into his new job, White House press secretary Sean Spicer needed to keep his food and drink cold. He wanted a mini-fridge.

He dispatched a top aide to a nearby executive office building where junior research employees are crammed into a room, surviving on Lean Cuisine frozen lunches. Mr. Spicer wants your icebox, the aide said, according to people familiar with the incident. They refused to give it up.

So Mr. Spicer waited until sundown—after his young staffers had left—to take matters into his own hands. He was spotted by a fellow White House official lugging the icebox down the White House driveway after 8 p.m.
Boss move

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Herv100 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:40 pm
Turdacious wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:25 am The WSJ is twisting the knife.

Boss move
I'm sure his Sailors appreciate it.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

nafod wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:27 pm I wish they'd let Anne Coulter, Laura Ingraham, and Tomi Lehren have a three way mud wrestle for the job.
:bona
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.