Future of IGx

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Re: Future of IGx

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Also, what smet said about the relative privacy of the conversation itself. In any kind of open discussion on FB, there is a huge population of people who don't get it.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

I'll work on it!
dead man walking wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:52 am so fatty may be taking charge. fine by me.

i will put in my contribution, and if some outfit wants to advertise, why not?

also, i do wanna fuck. not fatty or any of the other diseased sluts who show up. just nice girls.

which reminds me: time for a new sig, mickey.

can someone accomplish before trump gets thrown out of office, i.e. the next week or 10 days?

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Sangoma wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:23 am For me the best thing about IGx is the ability to have a real conversation. No PC, no fear of insulting someone (they are capable of defending themselves and can insult you back). Not sure if this sort of environment is appealing to the law abiding, non-masochist general population, but I am sure there are a few thousand people who would enjoy being here.

And, of course, pictures of naked women. Not that it is a rarity, but the edgy feeling when opening threads at work makes life more interesting.

Good advice on training is the cherry on top of the above. Not that important.
In my long sojourn among the unwashed masses I have come to the same conclusions as you and Shaf. For all the proliferation of media out there on fitness and sports training, there's really FEWER good places for discussion and exchange of ideas than there was 10 years ago. Facebook, IG, etc. just aren't conducive to meaningful information. People can take their reddiquette and shove it right up their communitarian asses. I hate that safe space shit.

Also, I have to say, your GS over 40 and over 50 sites are incredible resources. Good work.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Thud
Sgt. Major

Post by Thud »

I'd just like to see us focus on what really matters...

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Can someone invite Diamond and Silk to join?
Don’t believe everything you think.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

I finally managed to log in and it only took a few months though I did take breaks every few weeks.

I sort of miss teh boreds. Facebook and Reddit are terrible for extended discussions and for either to work, they would need to be locked down to private groups. Even then, you lose a lot through the lack of anonymity.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Anonymity actually promotes honesty.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen