Intelligent Design

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Intelligent Design

Post by Turdacious »

Landmark new research that involves analyzing millions of DNA barcodes has debunked much about what we know today about the evolution of species.

In a massive genetic study, senior research associate at the Program for the Human Environment at Rockefeller University Mark Stoeckle and University of Basel geneticist David Thaler discovered that virtually 90 percent of all animals on Earth appeared at right around the same time.

More specifically, they found out that 9 out of 10 animal species on the planet came to being at the same time as humans did some 100,000 to 200,000 years ago.

"This conclusion is very surprising," says Thaler, "and I fought against it as hard as I could."

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/22879 ... e-time.htm

Discuss. My guess is the additional speciation is a result of Andy97 getting busy
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Re: Intelligent Design

Post by nafod »

More specifically, they found out that 9 out of 10 animal species on the planet came to being at the same time as humans did some 100,000 to 200,000 years ago.
That's out of the animal species currently on the planet. Nothing said about dinosaurs etc. (since we don't have any of their DNA). So nothing to do with intelligent design and everything to do with bottlenecking of species.

Cool source article.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

nafod wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:29 pm
That's out of the animal species currently on the planet. Nothing said about dinosaurs etc. (since we don't have any of their DNA). So nothing to do with intelligent design and everything to do with bottlenecking of species.

Cool source article.
Everybody knows the dinosaurs were killed from inhaling second hand smoke from cheap cigarettes somebody bought from a reservation.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

And some species are assholes, this is clearly.

Also Sus Gloriabensonus

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Turdacious wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:04 pm And some species are assholes, this is clearly.

Also Sus Gloriabensonus
I like the cut of their mitochondrial DNA
Don’t believe everything you think.

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

nafod wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:29 pm... everything to do with bottlenecking of species.
Never heard that phrase before, that's interesting.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman