A Very Stable Genius

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Re: A Very Stable Genius

Post by Gene »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:49 pm It's interesting but not surprising how many criminals Trump has hired. I'm familiar with the crooks in my industry and they tend to flock together, because... they're criminals. Normal people won't work with or for them under normal circumstances.
Choirboys don't win elections, Troy. You know that, don't you?

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... e-scandal/
Don't like yourself too much.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Gene wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:54 pm
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:49 pm It's interesting but not surprising how many criminals Trump has hired. I'm familiar with the crooks in my industry and they tend to flock together, because... they're criminals. Normal people won't work with or for them under normal circumstances.

There’s no remote level of equivalence and it’s silly to pretend otherwise
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:01 pm

Unfortunately, Troy, you're probably right. Those who "oppose progress" can do no right, those who "promote progress" can do no wrong. Selective outrage guarantees selective prosecution.

Emmanuel won't even get an indictment for allowing his police to violate the civil rights of thousands of people. No indictment, no crime, right?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Gene wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:18 pm
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:01 pm

Unfortunately, Troy, you're probably right. Those who "oppose progress" can do no right, those who "promote progress" can do no wrong. Selective outrage guarantees selective prosecution.

Emmanuel won't even get an indictment for allowing his police to violate the civil rights of thousands of people. No indictment, no crime, right?
Look! Chicago!

*sigh*
Don’t believe everything you think.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Set party aside. No modern republican president except maybe Nixon came into the same universe of criminal behavior, and Nixon’s wasn’t nearly as widespread. HW Bush will probably be looked on particularly favorably for not fucking up the M.E. when he had the chance.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:15 amNo modern republican president except maybe Nixon came into the same universe of criminal behavior, and Nixon’s wasn’t nearly as widespread.
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CLINTON FOUNDATION??!???
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

JimZipCode wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:04 am
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:15 amNo modern republican president except maybe Nixon came into the same universe of criminal behavior, and Nixon’s wasn’t nearly as widespread.
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CLINTON FOUNDATION??!???
Started by a former President and a wannabe President. Couldn't be crimes by a President, right?

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:15 am Set party aside. No modern republican president except maybe Nixon came into the same universe of criminal behavior, and Nixon’s wasn’t nearly as widespread. HW Bush will probably be looked on particularly favorably for not fucking up the M.E. when he had the chance.
Shame nobody wants to look at Democrats, say Lyndon Baines Johnson. Four million dead in SE Asia, thousands here at home, and possibly his predecessor at Dealey plaza.

I'm sure that LBJ and JFK had that screaming match over where John Connally sat because Lyndon was cheated out of swapping dirty jokes with him during the motorcade, right?

"My God, they're going to kill us all!", John Connally said. Why say "They" and why say "kill us all"? Maybe the shooters wanted to kill Governor Connally instead of JFK, kind of like how the Anton Czermak was killed sitting next to FDR back in 1932?

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

LOL gene are you saying jumbo bumped off JFK? Really?
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Lyndon Baines Johnson
Actually served in the military, no bone spurs, and was considered an expert legislator. Paid his dues.

LBJ and JFK
Gene, your pizza takeout from Comet Ping Pong is ready.

Seriously, what do you read to get these crazed ideas in your head?
Don’t believe everything you think.

Thud
Sgt. Major

Post by Thud »

More than 175 former U.S. intelligence community and national security officials have added their names to the list of those deeply concerned by the politicization of security clearances.

http://bit.ly/2nSEm3g

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Fat Cat wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:31 pm LOL gene are you saying jumbo bumped off JFK? Really?
LBJ was about the only person on Earth who could have run a cover up of the assassination. JFK's killing was not a Federal offense in 1963. JFK's killing was a murder under Texas law. An autopsy is required to be performed on all persons in Texas unless the body is released by an attending Physician. Why do an autopsy in Bethesda if the body was already released?

Taking the body was another issue - allegedly it was taken because Mrs. Kennedy wouldn't leave without it. The doctors at Parkland wanted to drug her. The Secret Service took the body. The SS doesn't do anything without specific orders. Who gave them and why?

I could see Federal officials coming down to Dallas to view the Texas autopsy. Having one in Bethesda sounds suspect unless the body was stolen or someone wanted a story about how things happened in Dallas.

One of LBJ's friends, Billy Sol Estes, was under indictment. JFK himself ordered the probes into Estes's activities. In 1963 Estes was convicted. JFK was getting ready to kick LBJ to the curb. Later, in the early 1980s, Estes stated that LBJ was involved and was at risk of indictment.

Kennedy made enemies. He used LSD and Methamphetamine. Allegedly JFK's romantic hookups included someone who was linked to East Germany. To intelligence types and military officers this is distressing behavior. JFK is a risk. They hear stories of an assassination plot, they look the other way.

LBJ had a choice - Oval Office or a prison cell?

I doubt that LBJ planned it. I think that he had foreknowledge. Why else get mad about the seating arrangements with Connally? He let it happen then covered it up.
Last edited by Gene on Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:28 pm
Seriously, what do you read to get these crazed ideas in your head?
What have I read? History books. How many Roman Emperors had their predecessors bumped off? More than a few. LBJ was fixing to go to prison or be President. Isn't a tough choice.

The killing of JFK was a crime under Texas law. The doctors at Parkland could have released the body. Did they do so? A separate autopsy was performed at Bethesda Naval Hospital. JFK died under the care of an attending physician. Why an autopsy, maybe to establish a legend?

The Warren Commission did not seriously investigate a conspiracy. One of the members of the Warren Commission was the guy who Kennedy fired in 1961 from his post at the top of the CIA. Why him?

The 1970s House Assassination Committee said that there "probably was a conspiracy". Maybe Allen Dulles did some covering up? Read the book, "The Devil's Chessboard". Dulles was ruthless.

All of this suggests that LBJ was involved in a cover up, as a reward for going along with things. If he was a standup President he would have welcomed a fuller investigation in order to strengthen his own Presidency.
Last edited by Gene on Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

We could accept the "conventional wisdom". The conventional wisdom is comforting, simple and lets you go with the herd. A lot of people like being in the herd, it's comfy. You don't feel so lonely.

It's more comfortable to accept that a man with a wife and kid "flipped out" one day. A "lone nut" assassin. Don't bother to think that he had a wife and kid, that he called himself a "patsy" and wasted a Press conference asking for legal representation and making denials of shooting President Kennedy. Oswald acted like any ordinary person would behave.

A true Revolutionary would take credit for his act and call on others to "struggle". If Oswald already did the deed why not do some Revolutionary posturing too?

It's real convenient that some night club owner in turn flipped out and gut shot Oswald on TV. Why did he do it? To spare Mrs. Kennedy a trial. This guy had a business that made money, he lived comfortably He tossed it all away for a gesture on behalf of a stranger.....

Getting back to LBJ - the best evidence of LBJs ruthlessness was the Vietnam War. We went there for what reason again? Anyone read the Pentagon Papers? If this guy will start a war to make his friends money what is one New England Patrician who treated him like shit, started an investigation that sent one of his friends to prison?

You can go to prison or become President. Once you're President you can handle the lose ends. People just have to believe the story.

I don't know what happened in Dallas. I think that the official story is suspect.

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

JFK assassination story is fascinating. If eyebrows don't go up just by looking at the adventures of Lee Harvey Oswald one's probably not very bright.

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

I find Howard Donahue's accidental-discharge theory persuasive. I first encountered it in Bill James' book Popular Crime. It rings true in the sense that that's exactly the shitty way things often happen in the world; and it would explain why there was so much after that looks & smells like cover-up.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Gene wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:01 pmI don't know what happened in Dallas. I think that the official story is suspect.
That much we can agree on.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen