Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 37926
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Post by Fat Cat » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:10 pm

Violent crime rose by about 10 percent in 2015 and 2016, a study showed. It attributed more than 90 percent of that to young male refugees.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-euro ... SKBN1ES16J

Interestingly, those migrants who were coming from actual wars in Syria were far less likely to be violent than African economic migrants. It turns out that people are not simply identical economic units to be shuffled around by their globalist overlords.
Image
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11472
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Post by nafod » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:05 pm

One thing that has become more true in this day and age is that problems “over there” can’t be ignored like they used to be, as they end up becoming problems over here. As wars, climate change, etc punches the poorest folks in the junk, they’ll be showing up on our doorstep with their problems. Better to solve them over there when possible.
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 37926
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Post by Fat Cat » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:41 pm

nafod wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:05 pm
One thing that has become more true in this day and age is that problems “over there” can’t be ignored like they used to be, as they end up becoming problems over here. As wars, climate change, etc punches the poorest folks in the junk, they’ll be showing up on our doorstep with their problems. Better to solve them over there when possible.
I think you're very right, particularly your last sentence. I think that, even as a complete layperson, it's obvious that more should be done for Syrian refugees either in Syria or in neighboring countries. Of course, we can't really do much in Syria because we've alienated the already-alien Assad regime to such an extent that we don't have access, but we could have done a lot more in partnership with places like Turkey and Jordan. Unfortunately, it was those very "global police" that you champion that made it impossible, so consider that next time you support interventionism. That said, the basic gist of your post is right on.
Image
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

User avatar
Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6273
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:11 pm

Re: Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:30 pm

Fat Cat wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:10 pm
Interestingly, those migrants who were coming from actual wars in Syria were far less likely to be violent than African economic migrants. It turns out that people are not simply identical economic units to be shuffled around by their globalist overlords.
Another way of putting it is if you want to ruin anything just add niggers.

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 37926
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Post by Fat Cat » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:32 pm

You know, as tempting as that may be for some, it's not my view. If there are differences between races, and there probably are, so be it, but since they're not going to vanish from the earth it's advisable to look for the best possible outcomes. Wishing people away doesn't help.

What I think is that any time you take people from a culture, say Culture X so we don't step on any toes, and you import it to Country Y en masse, you're going to end up with problems. It's corrosive to both the visitor and host cultures, and should be avoided. I'm a proponent of individual travel, even individual immigration, but mass movements of people serve no one's interests except, perhaps, some very wealthy people who can use their destabilizing influence and cheap labor while insulating themselves from the resulting corrosion.

And that's the crux of my antipathy to mass migration; it doesn't promote diversity it destroys it. It turns every place into a fly-swept third world latrine. Nobody calls Paris the City of Lights anymore unless they're being derisive.
Image
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

User avatar
Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6273
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:11 pm

Re: Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:55 pm

I don't wish them away, I just advocate for white ethno-states.

What's good for the Jew is good for the goy.

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 37926
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Post by Fat Cat » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:24 pm

Kazuya Mishima wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:55 pm
I don't wish them away, I just advocate for white ethno-states.

What's good for the Jew is good for the goy.
It is certainly interesting to compare the reaction in the West to Israel's nation-state law, which basically codifies in law what we all already knew, to the reaction to Orban's policies in Hungary or Kaczyński in Poland. The Israeli's passed a law that says Israel is a Jewish country and that, "the right to exercise national self-determination in the State of Israel is unique to the Jewish people." Which, I dunno, seems pretty ethno-state-ish doesn't it? And the reaction has been muted, at best.

Whereas the collective wail rising up from the globalists at similar statements in Hungary and Poland have been deafening. It begs the question, is what's good for the goose really good for the gander? Who can defend this double standard?
Image
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

User avatar
Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6273
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:11 pm

Re: Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:22 pm

The Jews have historical oppression (mostly real, some bullshit) to bolster their argument for an ethno-state.

Whites are a magical privileged lot who have taken everything they've accrued from brown people (according to modern globalist narrative). Mass immigration into white countries inhabits some weird quantum state wherein whites get to enjoy the innumerable benefits of multiculturalism whilst being punished for every macro/micro aggression that their ancestors may or may not have carried out. It's cultural progress and social justice wrapped into one convenient package, if you will.

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 37926
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Post by Fat Cat » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:26 pm

Kazuya Mishima wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:22 pm
The Jews have historical oppression (mostly real, some bullshit) to bolster their argument for an ethno-state.

Whites are a magical privileged lot who have taken everything they've accrued from brown people (according to modern globalist narrative). Mass immigration into white countries inhabits some weird quantum state wherein whites get to enjoy the innumerable benefits of multiculturalism whilst being punished for every macro/micro aggression that their ancestors may or may not have carried out. It's cultural progress and social justice wrapped into one convenient package, if you will.
"Where is the wise person? Where is the educated one? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?" —St. Paul, I Corinthians 1:20

The common attitudes among people today about culture, race, biology, and nature itself are so plainly stupid and willfully blind that it can only be understood as a form of self-mutilation born out of self-hatred. People lack all confidence in their culture, their ancestors, and all the beautiful things that are their legacy.
Image
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

Gene
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5112
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:18 pm
Location: Inner Pindostan

Re: Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Post by Gene » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Fat Cat wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:10 pm
Violent crime rose by about 10 percent in 2015 and 2016, a study showed. It attributed more than 90 percent of that to young male refugees.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-euro ... SKBN1ES16J

Interestingly, those migrants who were coming from actual wars in Syria were far less likely to be violent than African economic migrants. It turns out that people are not simply identical economic units to be shuffled around by their globalist overlords.
The social democracies have been experiencing a low replacement rate. Europeans are not having many kids. The social democracies need future tax payers to support the system. These new workers have to come from somewhere.

What's really ironic is that Germany has been exporting their elderly offshore. In order to cut costs. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/ ... care-homes

Germans are touchy about ethnic cleansing. I wonder how this is sold to people?
Last edited by Gene on Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This space for let

Gene
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5112
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:18 pm
Location: Inner Pindostan

Re: Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Post by Gene » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:52 pm

nafod wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:05 pm
One thing that has become more true in this day and age is that problems “over there” can’t be ignored like they used to be, as they end up becoming problems over here. As wars, climate change, etc punches the poorest folks in the junk, they’ll be showing up on our doorstep with their problems. Better to solve them over there when possible.

How many Syrian and North Africans came to Europe before NATO meddled in Libya and the Persian Gulf States bankrolled ISIS in Syria and Iraq?

We don't have to solve these crises, we have to stop creating them.
This space for let

User avatar
Bobby
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5549
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:41 pm

Re: Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Post by Bobby » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:31 pm

Gene wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:49 pm
Fat Cat wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:10 pm
Violent crime rose by about 10 percent in 2015 and 2016, a study showed. It attributed more than 90 percent of that to young male refugees.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-euro ... SKBN1ES16J

Interestingly, those migrants who were coming from actual wars in Syria were far less likely to be violent than African economic migrants. It turns out that people are not simply identical economic units to be shuffled around by their globalist overlords.
The social democracies have been experiencing a low replacement rate. Europeans are not having many kids. The social democracies need future tax payers to support the system. These new workers have to come from somewhere.

What's really ironic is that Germany has been exporting their elderly offshore. In order to cut costs. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/ ... care-homes

Germans are touchy about ethnic cleansing. I wonder how this is sold to people?
Funny thing is we are paying for them.Don`t see a majority of the new wave of migrants in Sweden getting work and paying taxes.Why should they when they get so many benefits from the state?
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Gene
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5112
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:18 pm
Location: Inner Pindostan

Re: Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Post by Gene » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:22 pm

Bobby wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:31 pm
Funny thing is we are paying for them.Don`t see a majority of the new wave of migrants in Sweden getting work and paying taxes.Why should they when they get so many benefits from the state?
Maybe the Oligarchs of Europe want their children? These immigrants pump out kids. The kids go to schools where they are conditioned to become good Swedes, Germans, what have you.

If the parents's traditional values are offended they are summoned to the welfare office, told "We may need to take your kids...". What are the parents going to do about it?
This space for let

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11472
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Post by nafod » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:15 pm

Gene wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:49 pm
Fat Cat wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:10 pm
Violent crime rose by about 10 percent in 2015 and 2016, a study showed. It attributed more than 90 percent of that to young male refugees.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-euro ... SKBN1ES16J

Interestingly, those migrants who were coming from actual wars in Syria were far less likely to be violent than African economic migrants. It turns out that people are not simply identical economic units to be shuffled around by their globalist overlords.
The social democracies have been experiencing a low replacement rate. Europeans are not having many kids.
Demographics is destiny. It’s easy to overlook until you’ve got a country with nothing but pensioners.
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 37926
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Post by Fat Cat » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:32 pm

nafod wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:15 pm
Gene wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:49 pm
Fat Cat wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:10 pm
Violent crime rose by about 10 percent in 2015 and 2016, a study showed. It attributed more than 90 percent of that to young male refugees.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-euro ... SKBN1ES16J

Interestingly, those migrants who were coming from actual wars in Syria were far less likely to be violent than African economic migrants. It turns out that people are not simply identical economic units to be shuffled around by their globalist overlords.
The social democracies have been experiencing a low replacement rate. Europeans are not having many kids.
Demographics is destiny. It’s easy to overlook until you’ve got a country with nothing but pensioners.
All the more reason to keep breeding foreigners out and ween people off government teats.
Image
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

User avatar
Bobby
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5549
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:41 pm

Re: Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Post by Bobby » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:13 am

Gene wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:22 pm
Bobby wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:31 pm
Funny thing is we are paying for them.Don`t see a majority of the new wave of migrants in Sweden getting work and paying taxes.Why should they when they get so many benefits from the state?
Maybe the Oligarchs of Europe want their children? These immigrants pump out kids. The kids go to schools where they are conditioned to become good Swedes, Germans, what have you.

If the parents's traditional values are offended they are summoned to the welfare office, told "We may need to take your kids...". What are the parents going to do about it?
That`s one of the main worries:they are not conditioned to become good swedes.The latest wave of migrants isn`t something I would want as a workforce.
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11472
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Post by nafod » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:00 pm

Fat Cat wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:32 pm
nafod wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:15 pm
Gene wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:49 pm
Fat Cat wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:10 pm
Violent crime rose by about 10 percent in 2015 and 2016, a study showed. It attributed more than 90 percent of that to young male refugees.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-euro ... SKBN1ES16J

Interestingly, those migrants who were coming from actual wars in Syria were far less likely to be violent than African economic migrants. It turns out that people are not simply identical economic units to be shuffled around by their globalist overlords.
The social democracies have been experiencing a low replacement rate. Europeans are not having many kids.
Demographics is destiny. It’s easy to overlook until you’ve got a country with nothing but pensioners.
All the more reason to keep breeding foreigners out and ween people off government teats.
Countries need future firefighters, soldiers, sailors, garbage men, and most importantly taxpayers. If the locals aren’t having 2.2 children per woman on average, you either accept a diminishing country of old, tired people or you accept people that are willing to work their asses off for nothing in return for a chance to get out of their shithole country.

Do you know how far it is from the Mexico-Guatemala border? How far these parents are walking with their children to escape and find something better? 1300 miles. They are walking farther than from Mar a Lago to Trump Tower, through some of the most dangerous places on the planet. With children.

What wouldn’t you do for your family? How desperate would things have to be for you to take your children on a hike from San Diego to New Orleans?

One should be able to simultaneously hold the idea that we need to control our immigration and yet have empathy for these people and what they are willing to suffer and what risks they are having to take to get a better life.
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20557
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Post by Turdacious » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:39 pm

nafod wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:00 pm
Fat Cat wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:32 pm
nafod wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:15 pm
Gene wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:49 pm
Fat Cat wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:10 pm
Violent crime rose by about 10 percent in 2015 and 2016, a study showed. It attributed more than 90 percent of that to young male refugees.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-euro ... SKBN1ES16J

Interestingly, those migrants who were coming from actual wars in Syria were far less likely to be violent than African economic migrants. It turns out that people are not simply identical economic units to be shuffled around by their globalist overlords.
The social democracies have been experiencing a low replacement rate. Europeans are not having many kids.
Demographics is destiny. It’s easy to overlook until you’ve got a country with nothing but pensioners.
All the more reason to keep breeding foreigners out and ween people off government teats.
Countries need future firefighters, soldiers, sailors, garbage men, and most importantly taxpayers. If the locals aren’t having 2.2 children per woman on average, you either accept a diminishing country of old, tired people or you accept people that are willing to work their asses off for nothing in return for a chance to get out of their shithole country.

Do you know how far it is from the Mexico-Guatemala border? How far these parents are walking with their children to escape and find something better? 1300 miles. They are walking farther than from Mar a Lago to Trump Tower, through some of the most dangerous places on the planet. With children.

What wouldn’t you do for your family? How desperate would things have to be for you to take your children on a hike from San Diego to New Orleans?

One should be able to simultaneously hold the idea that we need to control our immigration and yet have empathy for these people and what they are willing to suffer and what risks they are having to take to get a better life.
You haven’t addressed Bobby’s points, which are the key to any successful pro immigration argument.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11472
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Post by nafod » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:55 pm

Turdacious wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:39 pm
nafod wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:00 pm
Fat Cat wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:32 pm
nafod wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:15 pm
Gene wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:49 pm
Fat Cat wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:10 pm
Violent crime rose by about 10 percent in 2015 and 2016, a study showed. It attributed more than 90 percent of that to young male refugees.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-euro ... SKBN1ES16J

Interestingly, those migrants who were coming from actual wars in Syria were far less likely to be violent than African economic migrants. It turns out that people are not simply identical economic units to be shuffled around by their globalist overlords.
The social democracies have been experiencing a low replacement rate. Europeans are not having many kids.
Demographics is destiny. It’s easy to overlook until you’ve got a country with nothing but pensioners.
All the more reason to keep breeding foreigners out and ween people off government teats.
Countries need future firefighters, soldiers, sailors, garbage men, and most importantly taxpayers. If the locals aren’t having 2.2 children per woman on average, you either accept a diminishing country of old, tired people or you accept people that are willing to work their asses off for nothing in return for a chance to get out of their shithole country.

Do you know how far it is from the Mexico-Guatemala border? How far these parents are walking with their children to escape and find something better? 1300 miles. They are walking farther than from Mar a Lago to Trump Tower, through some of the most dangerous places on the planet. With children.

What wouldn’t you do for your family? How desperate would things have to be for you to take your children on a hike from San Diego to New Orleans?

One should be able to simultaneously hold the idea that we need to control our immigration and yet have empathy for these people and what they are willing to suffer and what risks they are having to take to get a better life.
You haven’t addressed Bobby’s points, which are the key to any successful pro immigration argument.
It’s all about the assimilation. That is what is getting short shrift in Europe.

I am pro-USA, with immigration a necessary part f keeping us great.
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
johno
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7817
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:36 pm

Re: Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Post by johno » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:36 pm

IMO, an immigrant starts off on the wrong foot if he:
a) expects admission to the US as a right;
b) forces his way through other countries' borders;
and
c) marches while waving his native country's flag.

And
D) has made no effort to master his new country's language & culture. That would demonstrate interest in assimilation.

*****

Hopefully, the US finds a better way to deal with its demographic challenges than abdicating control of its borders.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20557
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Post by Turdacious » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:14 am

nafod wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:55 pm
Turdacious wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:39 pm
nafod wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:00 pm
Fat Cat wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:32 pm
nafod wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:15 pm
Gene wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:49 pm
Fat Cat wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:10 pm
Violent crime rose by about 10 percent in 2015 and 2016, a study showed. It attributed more than 90 percent of that to young male refugees.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-euro ... SKBN1ES16J

Interestingly, those migrants who were coming from actual wars in Syria were far less likely to be violent than African economic migrants. It turns out that people are not simply identical economic units to be shuffled around by their globalist overlords.
The social democracies have been experiencing a low replacement rate. Europeans are not having many kids.
Demographics is destiny. It’s easy to overlook until you’ve got a country with nothing but pensioners.
All the more reason to keep breeding foreigners out and ween people off government teats.
Countries need future firefighters, soldiers, sailors, garbage men, and most importantly taxpayers. If the locals aren’t having 2.2 children per woman on average, you either accept a diminishing country of old, tired people or you accept people that are willing to work their asses off for nothing in return for a chance to get out of their shithole country.

Do you know how far it is from the Mexico-Guatemala border? How far these parents are walking with their children to escape and find something better? 1300 miles. They are walking farther than from Mar a Lago to Trump Tower, through some of the most dangerous places on the planet. With children.

What wouldn’t you do for your family? How desperate would things have to be for you to take your children on a hike from San Diego to New Orleans?

One should be able to simultaneously hold the idea that we need to control our immigration and yet have empathy for these people and what they are willing to suffer and what risks they are having to take to get a better life.
You haven’t addressed Bobby’s points, which are the key to any successful pro immigration argument.
It’s all about the assimilation. That is what is getting short shrift in Europe.

I am pro-USA, with immigration a necessary part f keeping us great.
I’’m saying this as someone who is generally pro immigration, but Bobby’s points get to the heart of the matter— specific answers really matter. Both the ability of a society to assimilate immigrants and the ability of immigrants to assimilate are critical.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

User avatar
Bobby
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5549
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:41 pm

Re: Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Post by Bobby » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:30 am

And that is what I see lacking here in Sweden,the will to learn and assimilate.
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 37926
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Post by Fat Cat » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:49 pm

The US has no demographic challenge. It's a myth. We are third most populous country on earth.
Image
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11472
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Post by nafod » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:36 pm

Fat Cat wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:49 pm
The US has no demographic challenge. It's a myth. We are third most populous country on earth.
The birthrate fell for nearly every group of women of reproductive age in the U.S. in 2017, reflecting a sharp drop that saw the fewest newborns since 1987, according to a new report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

...The results put the U.S. further away from a viable replacement rate – the standard for a generation being able to replicate its numbers.

"The rate has generally been below replacement since 1971," according to the report from CDC's National Center for Health Statistics.

The CDC calculates a "total fertility rate" by estimating how many babies a hypothetical group of 1,000 women would likely have over their lifetime. That measure now stands at 1,764.5 births per 1,000 women — a 3 percent drop from 2016. The replacement rate is 2,100 births per 1,000 women.
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 37926
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: Quelle Surprise: Migrants Cause Spike in Violent Crime in Germany

Post by Fat Cat » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:44 pm

Where is it written in stone that a country's population must never decline? In all species, population fluctuations are normal.
Image
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

Post Reply