Piano for elephants

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
JimZipCode

Piano for elephants

Post by JimZipCode »

So this crazy motherfucker lugged an upright (actually got some locals to lug it) into the Elephant World preserve in Kanchanaburi, Thailand. And he plays music for the elephants. And they listen.

He seems into it!

Here's them moving the piano:

Whole playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... BgOx8D6378

You watch a couple, and it's wondrous. After a while it's repetitive. Yeah, I got it, they're listening. It's not like the elephants are dancing or anything. But they really seem to be listening.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Piano for elephants

Post by baffled »

I read this on my phone and thought it said "Plano for elephants." As in, Plano, Tx for elephants.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
JimZipCode

Re: Piano for elephants

Post by JimZipCode »

There is a surprising amount of shit involving elephants, going on in Plano.

• The North Texas Performing Arts Center put on a production of The Elephant Man in April.
  • The Dallas Zoo got some new elephants in 2016.
  • The Days Inn in Plano has paper-thin walls, and one dude stayed there in 2016 next to a family of elephants who were awake into the wee hours.
  • The Plano Senior High School choir's booster club put on a show in 2017, a celebration of American Vocal Jazz called Jazz Without Elephants. "Our show 'Jazz Without Elephants' is quite simply a show that focuses on the vocal performance without all the fancy costumes, sets, and lighting, the 'Elephants'."
  • The Plano Middle School Percussion Camp attendees performed "Baby Elephant Walk" in 2009. The Plano public schools are a hotbed of musical inspriration.
  • And there's a company called Elephant Trunk Moving Supplies located in Plano (closed right now, but re-opens 8am tomorrow).
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman