What to make of the election?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:29 am

Turdacious wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:15 pm
It’s almost like a guy who had faced near constant litigation since before most of us were born knows how to avoid legal land mines.
*Pivots to another weird tangent*

What's your opinion on the actual conduct he's engaged in? Seems pretty bad to me.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:08 am

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:29 am
Turdacious wrote:
It’s almost like a guy who had faced near constant litigation since before most of us were born knows how to avoid legal land mines.

What's your opinion on the actual conduct he's engaged in? Seems pretty bad to me.
As POTUS/Candidate for POTUS or prior?
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:12 am

nafod wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:43 am
No NDAs to hide behind in gubmint service. Old tricks no longer work.
Unless a member of Congress tries to grab you by the pussy.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:59 pm

Turdacious wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:08 am
Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Turdacious wrote:

edit: The conduct described in the Mueller report. If you mean pre-election early life, no.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:55 am

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:59 pm
Turdacious wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:08 am
Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Turdacious wrote:

edit: The conduct described in the Mueller report. If you mean pre-election early life, no.
He's an erratic, media-addicted, blowhard with poor hiring habits who keeps his own counsel and may (or may not) be brilliant. He also has no real legislative or regulatory agenda, lacks an appetite for details, and seems to have no interest in learning about the government processes that have stymied his agenda (so that he can overcome or eliminate those roadblocks).

By ridding our political process of the likes of Flynn, Gates, Manafort, et al..., Meuller has done Trump, the Republican party, and the nation a great favor (and more than paid for the investigation in the process).

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 » Fri May 24, 2019 2:34 pm

Declassifying the investigation docs is the axe Trump has held over the left’s head for a long time. This will not destroy the left, but it will takeout a bunch legally and whatever is left of some of the others credibility will be gone.

But what is going to come out has been available for a while from a few journalists. Now we are going to see the dirty details.

Like I said in the beginning, at the end of this whole thing a lot more Dems will end up in jail then Republicans by far. And they all will be for criminal behavior, not process crimes, except Mr Obama’s White House counsel.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Fri May 24, 2019 3:02 pm

powerlifter54 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 2:34 pm
Declassifying the investigation docs is the axe Trump has held over the left’s head for a long time. This will not destroy the left, but it will takeout a bunch legally and whatever is left of some of the others credibility will be gone.

But what is going to come out has been available for a while from a few journalists. Now we are going to see the dirty details.

Like I said in the beginning, at the end of this whole thing a lot more Dems will end up in jail then Republicans by far. And they all will be for criminal behavior, not process crimes, except Mr Obama’s White House counsel.
Qanon called, they think you need to dial it back a bit.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 » Fri May 24, 2019 9:01 pm

I’ll stand on my track record of being correct.

We will see.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod » Sat May 25, 2019 1:18 pm

So he will attempt to use our country’s most protected intelligence in order to take out his enemies, but his tax returns are verboten.

Nice

None of this is hard to figure out. Just follow the money.

In 2008, Donald Jr. .... “Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets,”

Eric in 2014 ... “We don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.”
Don’t believe everything you think.