What to make of the election?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Post Reply
User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 12384
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by nafod » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:52 am

Bennyonesix1 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:15 am
nafod wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:22 pm
I'm looking forward to finding out who all Trump owes his personally guaranteed $400,000,000 in loans to.

Those loans would come due in the middle of the next term. Trump's businesses lose money like a real business man makes it.

How would he pay it?

Any potential conflicts of interest?
Facebook exists loser.
That makes negative sense
Don’t believe everything you think.

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1227
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:58 am

You live in some imaginary world where ppl aren't bombarded by the narrative you subscribe to.

But it isn't real.

You aren't some doughty fighter nobly shouting truth to power in the wilderness.

Everyone knows everything you are going to say because it is omnipresent and rammed down everyone's throat 24/7.

People disagree with what you say because it is insufficient. Not because they haven't heard your razor sharp and hilarious version.

They simply find it dull and boring.

It is everywhere all the time.

User avatar
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11265
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:08 pm

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:08 am

The fact that we didn't see Wikileaks or other org drop anything on the Biden campaign today is encouraging.

I am slightly surprised the Trumpkins response on taxes has been quite so bad - this had to seem like something likely to come out sometime over the last 5 years.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1227
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:43 pm

Frank Rizzo did nothing wrong

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/20 ... able-3.xls
2D6DB1A2-7B1A-4C91-BC61-9D9AFDFFB286.jpeg
2D6DB1A2-7B1A-4C91-BC61-9D9AFDFFB286.jpeg (70.92 KiB) Viewed 314 times

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1227
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:33 pm

AB166A85-D0E8-4E83-A935-8D50E3C36700.jpeg
AB166A85-D0E8-4E83-A935-8D50E3C36700.jpeg (149.82 KiB) Viewed 306 times

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 12384
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by nafod » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:45 pm

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:08 am
The fact that we didn't see Wikileaks or other org drop anything on the Biden campaign today is encouraging.

I am slightly surprised the Trumpkins response on taxes has been quite so bad - this had to seem like something likely to come out sometime over the last 5 years.
I always wonder they will desert him. But they never do. No reason to start now.

Trump believes that everyone has a price, that no one actually has any principles. He's mostly right.

Do you think foreign intel has known about Trump's finances all this time?
Don’t believe everything you think.

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:29 pm

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by DrDonkeyLove... » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:12 pm

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:08 am
The fact that we didn't see Wikileaks or other org drop anything on the Biden campaign today is encouraging.

I am slightly surprised the Trumpkins response on taxes has been quite so bad - this had to seem like something likely to come out sometime over the last 5 years.
Assuming it's true, I think America is inured to rich guys playing the system for all it's worth.

I also think Trump was banking on yesterday's announcement of a massive testing breakthrough by Abbott labs. 15 minute results from a barely invasive and very cheap test that doesn't have to be done in a lab. A ton of them are on the street already and 150 million more are on the way.

This can make people feel much safer in many settings: business meetings, sports events, airports, lecture halls, construction sites, home health care workers, service companies that work in peoples homes, manufacturing plants, schools, cruise lines, etc. & etc. I don't think it's sunk in yet that this could be a game changer for the economy - at least billions, and maybe trillions of dollars worldwide.

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 12384
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by nafod » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:38 pm

The quick test is a huge game-changer.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1227
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:12 pm

Listen wine-aunt, the wuflu is over. People are done. Epidemics end when ppl decide they end. And they've got the election now.

You'll have to reduce the focus of your hysteria down a little because the media is going to drop it.

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 12384
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by nafod » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:41 pm

Stop being mean to Donk
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11265
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:08 pm

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:19 pm

nafod wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:45 pm
Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:08 am
The fact that we didn't see Wikileaks or other org drop anything on the Biden campaign today is encouraging.

I am slightly surprised the Trumpkins response on taxes has been quite so bad - this had to seem like something likely to come out sometime over the last 5 years.
I always wonder they will desert him. But they never do. No reason to start now.
They will not. I'm sure there are people who went to their graves thinking Herbert Hoover was the tits. I don't pretend to understand the few undecideds, but I think the idea that a) the NYT illegally obtained his tax returns and b) is making this up will not pass the smell test for anyone trying to pass it. you need a lot of good news cycles for Trump and bad ones for Biden for things to change. There is still time but it's not close enough to steal right now.
Do you think foreign intel has known about Trump's finances all this time?
Investigative reporters with far less resources have been reporting this since 2016. Real estate went bust. He started selling branding, scamming people, and laundering money for bad people.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 12384
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by nafod » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:26 pm

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:19 pm
nafod wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:45 pm
Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:08 am
The fact that we didn't see Wikileaks or other org drop anything on the Biden campaign today is encouraging.

I am slightly surprised the Trumpkins response on taxes has been quite so bad - this had to seem like something likely to come out sometime over the last 5 years.
I always wonder they will desert him. But they never do. No reason to start now.
They will not. I'm sure there are people who went to their graves thinking Herbert Hoover was the tits. I don't pretend to understand the few undecideds, but I think the idea that a) the NYT illegally obtained his tax returns and b) is making this up will not pass the smell test for anyone trying to pass it. you need a lot of good news cycles for Trump and bad ones for Biden for things to change. There is still time but it's not close enough to steal right now.
Do you think foreign intel has known about Trump's finances all this time?
Investigative reporters with far less resources have been reporting this since 2016. Real estate went bust. He started selling branding, scamming people, and laundering money for bad people.
When in dire straits and hemorrhaging money because he's a shitty businessman, he worked a deal to pretend to be a crazy successful businessman on The Apprentice which earned him some $400M, which he has since squandered and now owes crazy money because he is still a shitty businessman.

Hollywood did us no favors with his show. So many morons lapped that shit up.
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 39978
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by Fat Cat » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:38 pm

For insight into what angles the Trump campaign will be trying to play at the debate, these were released yesterday:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/17-q ... he-debate/

1. Your son Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million wire transfer from a Russian billionaire who was married to the former mayor of Moscow. He also had a joint bank account with a Chinese national that financed $100,000 in credit card purchases around the world. This all happened while you were Vice President. Why would people connected to the Russian and Chinese governments want to give your son millions of dollars?

2. You recently said you “got started” at Delaware State University, an HBCU. The school says they have no record of you ever attending. What did you major in there?

3. In June you said you were vetting your own potential Supreme Court picks and promised you would release your own list. Now you say you won’t release a list. Why go back on your pledge?

4. Your running mate Kamala Harris said last year that she was open to adding as many as 4 seats to the Supreme Court. Now more leading Democrats are saying your party should pack the Supreme Court if they get the chance. Are you refusing to answer whether you will go along with this radical plan because you are too weak to stand up to it?

5. In January 2017, you said that Democrats should not block President Trump’s nominees for the Supreme Court. You said you believe the Constitution “requires” the Senate “to give the nominee a hearing and a vote.” In 2016 you said “would go forward with the confirmation process” of a Supreme Court nominee “even a few months before a presidential election … just as the Constitution requires." Now you say the Constitution requires the exact opposite. How do you reconcile that change?

6. In 2008 you promised Americans that if they made less than $250,000 they would not pay a penny more in taxes. You broke that promise and imposed new taxes that directly impacted middle-class Americans. Now you’re claiming you won’t raise taxes on anyone making under $400,000. Why should voters believe you now, especially since you’ve said you will reinstate the individual mandate tax?

7. As Vice President, you oversaw the weakest economic recovery since the Great Depression. What would you do differently if you were elected?

8. Your plan would raise the U.S. business tax rate higher than China’s rate. Won’t that make it more expensive for companies to do business in America and ultimately send jobs overseas?

9. President Trump imposed restrictions on travel from China on January 31 to combat the spread of the coronavirus. Why did it take you two months to say you supported that decision?

10. In 2008 you and Barack Obama promised to fully fund the federal COPS program, which provides resources to local law enforcement. But funding for this program was cut while you were vice president, despite your promise. Why did you fail to keep your word?

11. Earlier this year your campaign staff donated money to the Minnesota Freedom Fund, an organization that bailed out of a jail a rioter who shot at police officers and other violent criminals and sexual predators. Your running mate Kamala Harris also urged people to donate to that organization and is still raising money for it. Do you condone that?

12. You say if you’re elected you’ll push to give citizenship to the 11 million undocumented people in our country. Why do you believe they should receive Medicare and Social Security benefits?

13. When you were running for president in 2007, both you and Obama pledged to renegotiate NAFTA, a promise you did not keep when you were in office. You recently blamed Republicans for this, saying they wouldn’t go along with it, but Democrats controlled Congress in 2009 when the Obama Administration announced it would not even try to change NAFTA. So why did you fail to keep your word?

14. When you voted to give China “most favored nation” trade status in 2000, you said you did not foresee “the collapse of the American manufacturing economy” because of it. But by one estimate, it led to the loss of 1 million manufacturing jobs in the U.S. Do you acknowledge that your vote to give China most favored nation trade status was a mistake that hurt American workers?

15. The 2009 H1N1 swine flu pandemic infected 60 million Americans when you were VP, and the federal government depleted its strategic stockpile of N95 masks in response. A fact check by USA Today found that your administration made no effort to replenish the stockpile of masks, despite warnings from experts. Do you accept responsibility for that failure, which left America unprepared for another pandemic?

16. Your campaign says it is a “lie” that “the Biden-Harris ticket is the most radically pro-abortion” ticket “in U.S. history.” Are there any restrictions on abortion that you support, and if so, please be specific?

17. You said the N-word 13 times during a 1985 Senate nomination fight, when you were quoting something attributed to someone else. Do you think that was appropriate to do? Is that the only time you’ve said the N-word?
Image
"You can’t talk with communists, you have to kill them." -Józef Mackiewicz

User avatar
Herv100
Sgt. Major
Posts: 3771
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:12 am

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by Herv100 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:24 pm

Most important issue now and going forward until the commies are defeated

Image

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 39978
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by Fat Cat » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:39 pm

Immigration is, and will always be, the number one for me. But, this is a big deal.
Image
"You can’t talk with communists, you have to kill them." -Józef Mackiewicz

User avatar
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11265
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:08 pm

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:45 pm

Trump appears to be self-immolating.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 39978
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by Fat Cat » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:49 am

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:45 pm
Trump appears to be self-immolating.
Surely you can do better than that, SPELLS. I mean, he just declassified a whole bunch of fun documents, why don't you tell us a little bit about that?
Image
"You can’t talk with communists, you have to kill them." -Józef Mackiewicz

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 12384
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by nafod » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:19 am

he just declassified a whole bunch of fun documents
He released his taxes? Proved he doesn’t personally owe $400M? Coming due middle of next term?
Don’t believe everything you think.

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1227
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:20 pm

Hey thanks man I'd managed to avoid the hysterical rantings of the messengers of the dominant media for 30 min.

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 12384
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by nafod » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:06 pm

It's almost like Trump purposefully caught the virus because it was a better look than having half a billion in personal loans come due.

How is that not disqualifying as a conflict of interest for ANYTHING related to gubmint?

Sorry Benny
Don’t believe everything you think.

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1227
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:25 pm

No thanks. We all need to be reminded that there are dangerous ideas out there that we shouldn't look at or read about because they drive you crazy and racist. Especially if you are white.

Sometimes I forget the importance of the credentials and the vitally important gatekeeping function of the media.

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 39978
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by Fat Cat » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:30 pm

nafod wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:19 am
he just declassified a whole bunch of fun documents
He released his taxes? Proved he doesn’t personally owe $400M? Coming due middle of next term?
Having personal debt is not a crime, is not unethical, is not anything. It's such a reach that it reeks of desperation.
Image
"You can’t talk with communists, you have to kill them." -Józef Mackiewicz

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 39978
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by Fat Cat » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:31 pm

Bennyonesix1 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:25 pm
No thanks. We all need to be reminded that there are dangerous ideas out there that we shouldn't look at or read about because they drive you crazy and racist. Especially if you are white.

Sometimes I forget the importance of the credentials and the vitally important gatekeeping function of the media.
Status quo for the Overton Window must be defended at all costs!
Image
"You can’t talk with communists, you have to kill them." -Józef Mackiewicz

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 12384
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by nafod » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:01 pm

Fat Cat wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:30 pm
nafod wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:19 am
he just declassified a whole bunch of fun documents
He released his taxes? Proved he doesn’t personally owe $400M? Coming due middle of next term?
Having personal debt is not a crime, is not unethical, is not anything. It's such a reach that it reeks of desperation.
It is a field required on an SF-86 (request for a clearance), in order to understand if you are at risk for someone having leverage on you. That's a shit-ton of leverage.

An elected official never gets a formal clearance, because the electorate choosing him or her counts for permission to see everything. But for that reason, information like owing $400M in personal loans to...who?...needs to be shared with the deciders. Us.
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 39978
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by Fat Cat » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:09 pm

You're reaching. Meanwhile, Pelosi is snatching $1,200 checks out of the hands of working mothers while she goes the entrapment salon.
Image
"You can’t talk with communists, you have to kill them." -Józef Mackiewicz

Post Reply