IGX "...overflowing with foulmouthed ignorance."

IGX "...overflowing with foulmouthed ignorance."
It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:33 am

<

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:46 pm 
Jesus Christ®

A bio-level resolution deconstruction of the dynamics of contemporary leftwing identity politics, grounded in a far-reaching, cross-cultural historical analysis.

https://parallaxoptics.wordpress.com/20 ... oleninism/

This is a really fascinating article that talks about the biological underpinnings of the current transformation of left wing politics from economic and social theory to identity politics based on hatred of whites.

It is really directed not so much to hardened reactionaries like me but to people who grew up with well-meaning, left-leaning politics based on a sense of fairness and universalism and how that line has been supplanted by radical anti-white cultural Marxism.

Read to understand why LGBTQ defend radical Muslim fanatics and Jews clamor for gay marriage and abortion rights.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:24 am 
Sergeant Commanding

I thought this said bio-lesbianism.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:35 pm 
Jesus Christ®

In retrospect, it should have.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:15 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Touche.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:51 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:36 am 
Jesus Christ®

Did you read the article? What did you think?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:54 pm 
Lifetime IGer

Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan
The bit at the end was interesting.
Quote:
This article was sponsored by a generous grant from the Alex Jones Foundation.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:56 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Quote:
Did you read the article? What did you think?
Leninism is a social phenomenon, and this guy makes an argument that it has biological basis. However, if you want to make such a case - and come up with the new term - you have to illustrate it with examples from the animal world. Monkeys, hamsters, yeast colonies - anything. For example, when arguing about gender dynamics we can find a lot of examples from the animal world. Does he illustrate his argument with such? There is none of that, quite the opposite, theorising based on what he read about political systems of USSR and China. What he talks about is social justice, just trying to put a new spin on it.

You can make a case of "bio" anything: bio-imperialism, bio-fascism, bio-feminism, bio-mysoginism if you wish, and you can use most of the guy's text for the argument. Or, as he is on the name based phenomena, bio-Platonism, bio-Nietzscheanism, bio-Reaganism... Get pretty ridiculous pretty quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:51 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Fascinating stuff...very informative article. What drives human behavior becomes incredibly clear when you realize that social status is the currency valued above virtually all others.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:52 pm 
Jesus Christ®

Quote:
Leninism is a social phenomenon, and this guy makes an argument that it has biological basis. However, if you want to make such a case - and come up with the new term - you have to illustrate it with examples from the animal world. Monkeys, hamsters, yeast colonies - anything. For example, when arguing about gender dynamics we can find a lot of examples from the animal world. Does he illustrate his argument with such? There is none of that, quite the opposite, theorising based on what he read about political systems of USSR and China. What he talks about is social justice, just trying to put a new spin on it.
I'm thinking you did not read the article? Or did not understand it? He's pretty clear what he is saying: that both Marxism-Leninism and the modern Left have the same biological basis, where status is the supreme social currency. And that applying the tools of evolutionary psychology to modern Leftism can be used to explain some of the weird alliances it results in, like gays and radical Muslims, and their common hatred for Whitey.
Quote:
You can make a case of "bio" anything: bio-imperialism, bio-fascism, bio-feminism, bio-mysoginism if you wish, and you can use most of the guy's text for the argument. Or, as he is on the name based phenomena, bio-Platonism, bio-Nietzscheanism, bio-Reaganism... Get pretty ridiculous pretty quickly.
That's really unrelated to what the article is about.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:28 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Different strokes for different folks. As I said, his argument didn't make sense to me. Very likely I didn't understand it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:07 am 
Jesus Christ®

Quote:
Different strokes for different folks. As I said, his argument didn't make sense to me. Very likely I didn't understand it.
Well no problem, I'm not saying I'm an expert or that you aren't comprehending. It was a legitimate question.

On a broader scale, do you wonder at some of the strange things that you see in modern politics? I don't really know how it is in Australia, but in the US you have some very odd factions developing, like feminists defending Islam, and conservative Christians defending Israel, where the traditional divisions have broken down and strange coalitions are forming.

Many (most?) of them in the US are predicated on demonstrating just how not "straight, white, male" they are as this is the way to establish the virtue of one's own position in the new milieu. All this article is about is trying to come up with the political theory to explain the process.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:08 pm 
Jesus Christ®

This is the result of the coalition of the fringes:

https://blogs.psychcentral.com/psychoan ... ted-group/

White males are the most hated group in America, according to a survey administered by the author of this blog to his students in an urban community college. In a 10-question survey about eight different racial, gender and ethnic groups, white males topped the survey on six of the questions.

The ten questions were:
1. Of the above groups, which one do you think is the most hateful?
2. Of the above groups, which one do you think is the most prejudiced?
3. Of the above groups, which one would you be least likely to trust?
4. Of the above groups which one do you think is the biggest liar?
5. Of the above groups, which one do you think is the biggest cheater?
6. Of the above groups, which one would you blame for societal wrongs?
7. Of the above groups, which one’s member would you hire for your store?
8. Of the above groups, which one’s member or members wouldn’t you invite to your party?
9. Of the above groups, which one arouses the most negative feelings?
10. If you had to kill one of the above groups, which one would you kill?

Several decades of cultural-Marxist brainwashing has taken its toll.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:14 pm 
Jesus Christ®

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:53 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Quote:
Quote:
Well no problem, I'm not saying I'm an expert or that you aren't comprehending. It was a legitimate question.

On a broader scale, do you wonder at some of the strange things that you see in modern politics? I don't really know how it is in Australia, but in the US you have some very odd factions developing, like feminists defending Islam, and conservative Christians defending Israel, where the traditional divisions have broken down and strange coalitions are forming.

Many (most?) of them in the US are predicated on demonstrating just how not "straight, white, male" they are as this is the way to establish the virtue of one's own position in the new milieu. All this article is about is trying to come up with the political theory to explain the process.
What I was trying to say is that his argument for biological basis of Leninism wasn't convincing to me. You are right, he comes up with the political theory, not biological. Even though there are a lot of factual statements about the nature of Leninism I don't agree with.

As far as politics is concerned, Australia mirrors USA, sort of, and on a much smaller scale. Australia is a truly Nanny State, and Australians are very obedient people, so that serious trouble - intense protests or strong opinion statements (the kind that can get you into trouble or spark intense public debate) - is rare.

What drives current division of social groups is a fascinating topic, and I don't think there is one cause. Feminists' dissent of white males is not driven by the same reasoning as that of, say, Black activists or the Left.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:01 am 
Jesus Christ®

Quote:
What I was trying to say is that his argument for biological basis of Leninism wasn't convincing to me. You are right, he comes up with the political theory, not biological. Even though there are a lot of factual statements about the nature of Leninism I don't agree with.
I'm not so sure about that. First, human politics are the expression of human biology. We can't escape it. Second, he rather clearly references evolutionary psychology, which is nothing more than the biology of human feelings, thoughts, and behaviors. He makes the argument that, once basic needs are met, the human animal is hard-wired to seek social status, that this is the real currency that we crave because of our nature. He then develops a theory of how that craving for status has led to modern political conditions. In that sense, I have to disagree with the idea that "it's not biological". It is entirely based on biology.
Quote:
As far as politics is concerned, Australia mirrors USA, sort of, and on a much smaller scale. Australia is a truly Nanny State, and Australians are very obedient people, so that serious trouble - intense protests or strong opinion statements (the kind that can get you into trouble or spark intense public debate) - is rare.
It's very interesting to me how different the reality you experience is from Americans' impression of Australians as rugged, outdoorsy individualists.
Quote:
What drives current division of social groups is a fascinating topic, and I don't think there is one cause. Feminists' dissent of white males is not driven by the same reasoning as that of, say, Black activists or the Left.
In American political discourse, feminists and BLM are all considered to be of the Left. Bio-Leninism acknowledges that all of those different viewpoints have different origins. What the theory of bio-Leninism is about is trying to describe how they are all coalescing into an anti-straight, white, male alliance despite their varied origins.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:51 am 
Sergeant Commanding

Quote:
I'm not so sure about that. First, human politics are the expression of human biology. We can't escape it. Second, he rather clearly references evolutionary psychology, which is nothing more than the biology of human feelings, thoughts, and behaviors. He makes the argument that, once basic needs are met, the human animal is hard-wired to seek social status, that this is the real currency that we crave because of our nature. He then develops a theory of how that craving for status has led to modern political conditions. In that sense, I have to disagree with the idea that "it's not biological". It is entirely based on biology.
Following this logic everything humans do is based in biology. And in that case - as I said earlier - we can stick "bio-" in front of any -ism.

This particular argument is clumsily built on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, circa 1943. You can look it up here: https://www.simplypsychology.org/maslow.html#def

Initially it consisted of five steps: physiological, safety, love/belonging, esteem and self-actualisation. Later it was expanded to eight, adding cognitive, aesthetic and transcendent needs. Sure, we can argue that every one of these is biology based, but really, I think we can say that truly biological needs stop at belonging and that higher needs are unique to humans.

This guy also makes a lot of silly statements regarding Soviet politics, which for me is a tell that his education and understanding of the subject comes from popular books.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:47 pm 
Jesus Christ®

Quote:
Following this logic everything humans do is based in biology. And in that case - as I said earlier - we can stick "bio-" in front of any -ism.
Yes, everything humans do can be looked at in terms of our biology, and sometimes it is very useful to do so. That shouldn't be a point of contention. He's trying to look at biological patterns of human behavior and apply them to the modern political environment. That's about as reasonable as it gets.
Quote:
This particular argument is clumsily built on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, circa 1943. You can look it up here: https://www.simplypsychology.org/maslow.html#def

Initially it consisted of five steps: physiological, safety, love/belonging, esteem and self-actualisation. Later it was expanded to eight, adding cognitive, aesthetic and transcendent needs. Sure, we can argue that every one of these is biology based, but really, I think we can say that truly biological needs stop at belonging and that higher needs are unique to humans.
No, it isn't. Maslow's work was a-scientific in the extreme and was based entirely on mental speculation. Evolutionary psychology is based on tests and measures of the behavior of humans, and to some extent, our closest primate relatives. Evolutionary psychology is a reaction to work like Maslow's which lacks all scientific rigor. If you are sincerely interested look up Van Vugt's work on social status as a starting point.
Quote:
This guy also makes a lot of silly statements regarding Soviet politics, which for me is a tell that his education and understanding of the subject comes from popular books.
I'll let you be the last word in Soviet politics, but I would point out that you have totally failed to engage any of the ideas in the article. If you want to quibble about minor details in life, be my guest, but it's boring. The article makes a genuine contribution to understanding modern politics on the Left, and as yet, you haven't even touched on the topic at hand.