So about this "MAGA" attack on the Empire actor

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Schlegel

So about this "MAGA" attack on the Empire actor

Post by Schlegel »

What are the odds the story is umm... "enhanced"?
I am getting pretty cynical in my old age. I can't remember the last OMG that's outrageous story that turned out to be as advertised.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: So about this "MAGA" attack on the Empire actor

Post by Fat Cat »

The guy is a black Jew fag. You do the math.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

So two random white people who hate blacks and gays (not sure of their gender) happen to run into a black and gay celebrity at 2 am on some random street. And they not only recognize him (which is actually hard to do in real life in a non official function kind of thing), but also remembered to wear their ski masks, bring along some bleach, a rope, and remembered to tell him "this is MAGA country".

No one saw it happen, he didn't call 911, he took himself to the ER.

Yeah, I think its total bullshit.

And Hollywood should be ashamed for getting behind this. Its a pretty weak plot. He should stick to acting.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

syaigh wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:15 amNo one saw it happen, he didn't call 911, he took himself to the ER.
It does sound fishy as hell, but this is weird...
Chicago police confirmed that a letter containing an anti-gay epithet and white powder were mailed to the Douglas Park neighborhood Cinespace Chicago Film Studios, where “Empire” is filmed, on Jan. 22. The letter, addressed to one of the show’s actors, triggered a hazardous materials call for fire officials, who determined the powder wasn't dangerous. The FBI has since taken over the probe into the letter — as it was sent through the U.S. mail service — while Chicago police continue to look into the attack, authorities said.
just going to sit back and watch this one play out.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

I've been skiing and have never seen anybody wear a ski mask. Ski masks seem like 1970 technology for skiing. Pretty sure they are just crime masks at this point.

Story is very strange. He didn't call the police from the scene. Nobody goes around with bleach and nooses, and my guess is the Venn diagram of "MAGAmigo" and "Watches Empire" is a very, very small overlap. He was either personally targeted and stalked or this is a hoax or wildly exaggerated.

We had a guy defacing synagogues a while back. Oddly, he applied for a job at my company, and in his cover letter said he only wanted to work for white non-Jews. He lived in an overwhelmingly Hispanic neighborhood. There are some nuts out there with some cognitive dissonance going on, but they are usually loners.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:28 pm Nobody goes around with bleach and nooses, and my guess is the Venn diagram of "MAGAmigo" and "Watches Empire" is a very, very small overlap.
Hahaha. That's good writing brah.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

vern

Post by vern »

I'll take "Things That Never Happened" for six hundred Alex.
“Wherever the crowd goes, run the other direction. They’re always wrong.” Bukowski

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

vern wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:07 pm I'll take "Things That Never Happened" for six hundred Alex.
Ding! Ding!You got the Daily Double!

But I do hope the left keeps this tack up.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Dating back to at least Tawana Brawley thirty years ago, there have been many high-profile hoaxes of white-on-black hate crime.

IMO, hoaxers should be charged & prosecuted. They are terrorizing their own communities and damaging race relations. They should be subject to penalties similar to those for hate crimes.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

False "hate crime" reports, like false rape reports, should be dealt with very harshly.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:40 am The guy is a black Jew fag. You do the math.
God bless you.

vern

Post by vern »

“Wherever the crowd goes, run the other direction. They’re always wrong.” Bukowski

vern

Post by vern »

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

https://abc7chicago.com/sources-smollet ... e/5138497/
Sources: Jussie Smollett staged attack with help of others, allegedly being written off 'Empire'

CHICAGO --

Chicago police confirmed Thursday that detectives are talking to two persons of interest in connection with the alleged attack on "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett.

Multiple sources have told ABC7 Eyewitness News that police are investigating whether Smollett and the two men staged the attack allegedly because Smollett was being written off of "Empire."

A source familiar with the investigation told the ABC7 I-Team that Smollett failed to appear for an interview with detectives earlier Thursday.

A source briefed on the Smollett investigation confirmed to ABC News that Chicago police are questioning the two persons of interest -- one of whom has appeared on "Empire."

The law enforcement official also told ABC News that the homes of the persons of interest were raided Wednesday night. Police removed shoes, electronic devices and other items they believe could help them they determine if the two people played any role in the assault from those homes.

Chicago police said they "cannot confirm any of those reports." No charges have been filed.

Earlier, police said the two persons of interest are not suspects and have not been charged. Investigators are only talking with them at this time. The two were picked up Wednesday night at O'Hare International Airport, police said.

Smollett said he was attacked around 2 a.m. on Jan. 29 in the 300-block of East North Water Street in Chicago's Streeterville neighborhood. He told police two masked men shouted homophobic slurs at him, attacked him, put a rope around his neck and poured a liquid on him that smelled like bleach.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

You are missing the bigger news— this could turn out to the first solved violent crime in Chicago in years.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

I know two Chicago actors who have appeared on Empire and am super curious to see if their FB feeds go dark. At least one of them this would register somewhere around 100% no surprise. So enjoying this story.

Edit: not them story is they were extras and from Nigeria.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I think he was out trolling for dudes and maybe drugs at 2:00 AM, and doesn’t want to release his phone records which would confirm it.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Arrests made. LOL at Nigerian bodybuilders whose beatdowns leave no significant injuries are yell about MAGA country. Both know "victim" so I think Jussie is going to head to rehab to deal with his newfound alcohol problem.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Twitter is awful but holy shit this made me laugh.

Topic author
Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

Oh man, he's going down now. CNN reports sources say police have tracked the rope purchase to the Nigerians at an Ace Hardware. And we already know they cut them loose=testimony deal made, I bet.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

News is reporting that he’s represented by the same firm as is representing Michael Cohen. So really this story is about trump.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

vern

Post by vern »

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Lynch his lying ass. Give him what he wants.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Ok folx, what do my frens think of the CT that Jussie was in cahoots with Kamala on this?

The basic sketch of the scenario is that Kamala Harris and Corey Booker have been trying to get an anti-lynching bill passed (in 2019 lol) with no love. At first and by many, the Justice for Victims of Lynching Act was considered to be an anachronism since murder is already a crime, and racially motivated murder is already a federal crime. That and, while noxious, there hasn't been a lynching since 1981. So, then they tried to add LGBTQXYZ to the class of specially protected persons. *eyeroll* And ultimately it passed in the Senate in December, but has since languished in the House.

Then, Jussie. It has it all: race, sexuality, lynching, Trump. On the surface, it's a crime of sufficient MAGAtude to get this bill sailing through the house and into law. Except for the minor detail that it's an obvious fabrication.

Anyway, now some folks are suggesting that the Jussie angle was cooked up by Kamala and her dear fren Jussie to propel the Act into law and to help her ride a wave of sentiment straight to the Democratic nomination and then the White House.

On the one hand it seems too deplorable to consider. On the other, vis-a-vis our Bernays thread, the efforts to shape and channel public opinion are becoming more and more flagrant by the day. Do any of you have opinions about this "theory"?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Ok folx, what do my frens think of the CT that Jussie was in cahoots with Kamala on this?
As dumb as the idea that two Chicago MAGA guys at 2:00 AM hunted down Jussie in the first place.

This was Tonya Harding & Jeff Gillooly quality planning.