IGX "...overflowing with foulmouthed ignorance."

IGX "...overflowing with foulmouthed ignorance."
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:18 pm

<

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:34 am 
Jesus Christ®

Tim Tebow's 'Night to Shine': 600 Churches, 100,000 Kings and Queens

More than 600 churches from around the world hosted special prom events honoring young adults with special needs and disabilities Friday night.

The event is called Night to Shine and it was created by former NFL quarterback and current professional baseball player Tim Tebow.

It's sponsored by his Tim Tebow Foundation, and it's described as an unforgettable prom night experience, centered on God's love for people ages 14 and older with special needs.

"I truly believe that the world is coming together to celebrate the love that God has for every single one of us," Tebow says.

Tebow says over 200,000 volunteers in 20 countries worked together to make it all happen as the Night to Shine celebrates its fifth year.

The mission of Night to Shine is "to bring faith, hope and love to those needing a brighter day in their darkest hour of need."

Tebow says in a video that one of the favorite letters he's ever received in his entire life came to him after the 2016 Night to Shine.

A mom whose daughter has special needs wrote to him saying her heart's desire is that her girl won't be forgotten. She wrote, "At Night to Shine, God whispered to me, 'I will never ever forget her. She is famous to me like an A-lister walking the red carpet... She is precious and she is mine.' How extravagant is the love of God for us."

My sister, now passed on, was what today would be referred to as "special needs". It left me with a pretty soft spot for folks in that position. Anyway, I was touched by what he has done and in a pretty negative time, I thought I would share this video.

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/entertainm ... and-queens

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:06 pm 
Lifetime IGer

I've never been a Tebow fan, but this is fantastic.

https://vimeo.com/72300807

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:42 pm 
Lifetime IGer

Thumbs up for Tim!