"A way to kill every last person on earth"

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

"A way to kill every last person on earth"

Post by Fat Cat »

Get a load of this nerd. Actually, the evidence provided so far isn't that big a deal--he liked guns and pills and hated darkies but so what?--so I am assuming that they developed their case on some evidence of actionable plans to harm folks. It will be interesting to see exactly what, though. And of all things, a Coastie lol.

When, exactly, did America head down the crazy train tracks? What happened to regular people who want all Americans to succeed and had loyalty to our national objectives of freedom, individual responsibility, and pursuing mutual prosperity?

Or is that there were always loons like this, but they are more widely publicized now because they feed into the whole race-sex-class dialectic Zeitgeist?

A 49-year-old Coast Guard lieutenant charged with stockpiling weapons and drugs is being described as a "domestic terrorist" who was planning "to murder innocent civilians on a scale rarely seen in this country," according to court documents filed in U.S. District Court in Maryland on Tuesday.

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/20/69647036 ... rarely-see
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Re: "A way to kill every last person on earth"

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

I can't find any updates on that Sayoc guy down in FL. He was a hoot.

Is 49 extremely old to be an 03?
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I just don't know about the second question. About Sayoc, from Wiki for the case: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_2 ... ts#Suspect

Sayoc is charged with five federal crimes: "interstate transportation of an explosive"; "illegal mailing of explosives"; "threats against former presidents and certain other persons"; "threatening interstate communications"; and "assaulting federal officers". The charges were filed by federal prosecutors of the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York (SDNY). Prosecutors from the SDNY said information on electronic devices owned by Sayoc show he began planning the attacks in July 2018.

Sayoc was arraigned for the charges in Miami on October 29 and his court-assigned lawyer entered a plea of not guilty. On November 2, he was ordered to be transferred to New York for trial. On November 6, a New York judge ordered Sayoc to be held without bail in the Metropolitan Detention Center, Brooklyn.

It's likely that I am more conservative than you, politically, but I'm pretty tired of assholes on both sides of the spectrum. I've been blessed with a fair amount of travel and people really, really seem to have lost perspective with regard to how blessed we are in this country and how functional our country is, despite its many flaws.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:19 pm Is 49 extremely old to be an 03?
I am pretty sure he is a former enlisted UNITED STATES MARINE.

There’s probably been s steady stream of nutcases throughout history that have wanted to make the world burn. Technology has just made it more feasible.
Don’t believe everything you think.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

I would be very skeptical of a 49 year old Lt.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

powerlifter54 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:45 pm I would be very skeptical of a 49 year old Lt.
Not the only reasons to be sceptical. How did he get a clearance?
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Yup, former Marine. 1988-1993.

I am guessing he is a direct commission engineer in the coast guard.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Prosecutors say that for at least two years, Lieutenant Hasson visited white supremacist and neo-Nazi websites, and studied the 1,500-page manifesto written by Anders Behring Breivik, a far-right Norwegian extremist who killed 77 people in 2011. They said that he also took the synthetic opioid Tramadol while at work and that he had obtained the drug illegally.

The Coast Guard declined to comment on the case on Thursday, citing the continuing investigation.

In writings discovered on his computer, prosecutors said, Lieutenant Hasson said he was a longtime neo-Nazi, but one who preferred “focused violence” to marches and rallies. A letter he drafted to friends in 2017, prosecutors said, contained musings about how to cause the maximum disruption to society.

But in public, Lieutenant Hasson gave little indication of his troubled thoughts.

Records indicate that he graduated from Greenway High School in Glendale, Ariz., in 1987 and served in the Marines from 1988 until 1994 as a mechanic servicing F-18 jets. In 1993, he married Shannon Coleman in Hampton, Va.

After the Marines, he served in the Army National Guard for two years, according to court filings, and at some point after that joined the Coast Guard, and became an officer even though he did not attend college. With 28 years of military service, he would be nearing the Coast Guard’s mandatory retirement limit of 30 years.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/21/us/c ... ttack.html
Heads will hopefully roll for this-- he slipped through way too many cracks.

Including weight and tape.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule