Old Scratch: Welcome Home Faithful Servant

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Old Scratch: Welcome Home Faithful Servant

Post by Turdacious »

Robert Mugabe, the first prime minister and later president of independent Zimbabwe, who traded the mantle of liberator for the armor of a tyrant and presided over the decline of one of Africa’s most prosperous lands, died on Friday in Singapore, where he had been receiving medical care. He was 95.

The death, at Gleneagles Hospital, was announced by his successor, President Emmerson Mnangagwa.

“It is with the utmost sadness that I announce the passing on of Zimbabwe’s founding father and former President, Cde Robert Mugabe,” he wrote on Twitter on Friday, using the abbreviation for comrade. “Mugabe was an icon of liberation, a pan-Africanist who dedicated his life to the emancipation and empowerment of his people. His contribution to the history of our nation and continent will never be forgotten.”

In August, Mr. Mnangagwa said that Mr. Mugabe had spent several months in Singapore getting treatment for an undisclosed illness.

Mr. Mugabe, the world’s oldest head of state before his ouster in 2017, was the only leader Zimbabweans had known since independence, in 1980. Like many who liberated their countries, Mr. Mugabe believed that Zimbabwe was his to govern until the end. In a speech before the African Union in 2016, he said he would remain at the helm “until God says, ‘Come.’”
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/06/obit ... -dead.html
Rot in Peace
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Re: Old Scratch: Welcome Home Faithful Servant

Post by nafod »

Best thing about Mugabe and Zimbabwe is it served as a warning to South Africa
Don’t believe everything you think.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:16 pm Best thing about Mugabe and Zimbabwe is it served as a warning to South Africa
LOL? How so? Because South Africa shit the bed just a little later, and the whole continent has been on a continual slide since then: Rwanda, the Central African War, Great African War, etc.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:44 pm
nafod wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:16 pm Best thing about Mugabe and Zimbabwe is it served as a warning to South Africa
LOL? How so?
Taking away the farms and property from the Whites. As much as they want to in SA, they can look across the border and see how that worked out in Zimbabwe.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Even as we speak, they are "expropriating land without compensation" in South Africa.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/gr ... d=62280577

Also, it seems like black South Africans know exactly how to deal with unwanted immigration from other African countries:

"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

May he burn in hell with other mass murderers and tyrants.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

South Africa was about what I expected.

Armed Response signs everywhere. There were 15 murders in Cape Town one night while we were there, black gang members murdering other black gang members.

I checked official homelessness numbers and it's clear the government is under-reporting significantly.

Beautiful country. People tended towards minding their own business to friendly. But the ANC is a criminal organization and probably would love to slaughter whites wholesale before taking the country down the shitter like Mugabe did Rhodesia.

Fat Cat wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:32 pm Even as we speak, they are "expropriating land without compensation" in South Africa.

Also, it seems like black South Africans know exactly how to deal with unwanted immigration from other African countries:

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Ya, I'll be in Africa soon but I don't plan on going anywhere near large settlements that I can avoid. Anyway, Mugabe typifies the entire lie of left wing politics: portray yourself as a liberator while you pillage the people and slaughter any opposition.