Wu Flu

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Wu Flu

Post by Fat Cat »

Screenshot of a 500-member Interventional Treatment of Ischemic Stroke WeChat group.
Dr Hu Dianbo of #Wuhan Aviation Hospital said: “...the total number of infected people has exceeded 100,000... hospitals are like hell, people screaming everywhere. Please get the message out.”

"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Re: Wu Flu

Post by nafod »

Sounds over the top. But...if it's not 100,000 yet, it probably will be soon enough.

This is a good person to follow.
https://twitter.com/maiamajumder

Good to read... https://www.sciencenews.org/article/how ... -sars-mers
Don’t believe everything you think.

Kirk
Gunny

Post by Kirk »

There are quite a few Chinese folks at work. Makes me wonder what the likelihood is that it'll spring up there at some point.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Thanks for the sources nafod.

Kirk, I hear you. Our island is flooded with Chinese...friends. It's only a matter of time.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Even here in PA, Chinese are always walking around with face masks on. When it gets to the rest of us mouth breathing slobs, then it will take off.

motherjuggs&speed

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

It's about time that someone released the superflu that will kill off 99% of humanity. It's the only way to stop global warming. It will also help with a lot of other environmental problems.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

motherjuggs&speed wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:30 am It's about time that someone released the superflu that will kill off 99% of humanity. It's the only way to stop global warming. It will also help with a lot of other environmental problems.
There's not a problem humans are causing on this planet that won't be helped by knocking a zero off the population.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Y'all ni88as laughed when I said that nobody is serious about any environmental cause unless they are willing to engage with depopulating Asia and Africa.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Shiiiiiiit. I think any reduction of the 3rd world would be great. They're the ones ramping up this population bomb anyway. Us westerners figured out many moons ago what causes that particular tumor to grow and how to prevent it \:D/
All joking aside, education seems to be the lynchpin on population growth, closely paralleling a growth into something better than subsistence farming for the rural communities. It would behoove the developed world to help raise the 3rd world up to a decent standard of living and higher education as quickly as possible. Double bonus is if their shithole is less shitty, they won't be as motivated to invade our slice of paradise.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

I had the middle seat on a long flight today and the Chinese woman next to me was sniffling and coughing.

I took an Airborne and had some homemade pineapple hooch along with a bison burger and a sweet potato tonight so I'll be fine. But I'm probably a carrier now.

motherjuggs&speed

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

The crazy thing is, people simply fall into line and regurgitate dogma. If someone had the initiative to depop the hellholes, there would be some histrionics for a while but in ten years everyone would say, think how much worse overcrowding/sprawl/the migrant crisis/global warming/resource scarcity would be.

Okay. When a majority of the population isn't smart enough to do anything the modern technological world needs, what happens then? UBI addresses only part of the problem and doesn't solve it longer term. Advocates of democracy have no answer for the question of what happens when people are too ignorant/undisciplined/selfish to think about, or care about, consequences longer term than next week.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:03 amAll joking aside
Who's joking? [-X

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:03 am education seems to be the lynchpin on population growth, closely paralleling a growth into something better than subsistence farming for the rural communities. It would behoove the developed world to help raise the 3rd world up to a decent standard of living and higher education as quickly as possible. Double bonus is if their shithole is less shitty, they won't be as motivated to invade our slice of paradise.
This is completely wrong, as substantiated by reality, history, and all available markers. Every attempt has been made to "raise the 3rd world up" and it doesn't work because, despite Marxist education telling us that everyone is a fundamentally similar and interchangeable genetic and economic unit, we are not. Truisms that might apply to a European or Latin American country do not hold true in Asia or Africa.

Foreign aid to African countries is positively correlated with rapid population growth, corruption, national debt, and slower economic growth. Source: WSJ (https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB123758895999200083)

In other words, African countries basically transmute money into additional children, further burdening the environment, infrastructure, and available resources. We have been subsidizing Africa for decades and it hasn't worked, and let's face it, we don't actually want to raise African standards of living to our level because the planet can't sustain it. By 2100, the population of Africa is projected to be 4.3 billion, and the population of Asia to be 4.7 billion. Do you really think that they all get steak dinners and Escalades? Our system works for US, but it is a disaster if it is exported to the Turd World. For all of us.

We should focus any assistance to Africa or Asia on depopulation. If they want something from us, they have to demonstrate how they are going to manage their populations, and we absolutely should be willing to stop the tide of immigration with fire if need be. There can be no safety valve to reduce the pressure, because it will take crisis for their societies to advance to the point where there is no choice but to change their values to quality over quantity or rot.

Naturam expellas furca, tamen usque recurret
et mala perrumpet furtim fastidia victrix.

Drive Nature out with a pitchfork, she'll come right back,
Victorious over your ignorant confident scorn.

― Horace, The Epistles of Horace

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Corona-chan is gonna come visit you!

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Fats, I grok what your's saying, and I'm more and more leaning toward giving up all hope on Africa and Asia. I just hate to have to come to that conclusion through what I consider a totally rational and calculating thought process. There's my hyper developed empathy that wants to think we can help everyone. Then there's the overwhelming amount of evidence that a huge swath of this rock is beyond any help, and the only way to protect me an mine is to keep them at arms length at best or damn near eliminate the threat at its source at worst.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Our society has drunk too deeply from the wine of compassion and become insensible to the reality of the situation we face.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

This could just as easily gone in the "China is the Enemy" thread but...

Coronavirus may have originated in lab linked to China's biowarfare program

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... -possible/

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:37 am This could just as easily gone in the "China is the Enemy" thread but...

Coronavirus may have originated in lab linked to China's biowarfare program

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... -possible/
Heard that from more than a few sources. Apparently there's a "level 4" bio lab in Wuhan that's researching that shit. Looking more and more like this bug might have escaped the reservation and the Chinese are covering it up.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I doubt it came from a biolab. Not virulent enough.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Yeah, that's been my line of thinking as well. Unless the numbers of infected and dead out of China are 1/1000th of the actual counts. And I can't imagine they could keep that under wraps now that the world is watching.

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

Kirk
Gunny

Post by Kirk »

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I had the flu this winter, with high fever, lung congestion, etc. Took a full month to clear. Sucked. Got it after my flu shot, of course.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

China says 10,000 cases meow.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Read this:

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

TL/DR: your fears a virulent pandemic flu mean you're a racist. The Orange One is teh real problem.
s news of the Wuhan virus spread online, one video became emblematic of its claimed origin: It showed a young Chinese woman, supposedly in Wuhan, biting into a virtually whole bat as she held the creature up with chopsticks. Media outlets from the Daily Mail to RT promoted the video, as did a number of prominent extremist bloggers such as Paul Joseph Watson. Thousands of Twitter users blamed supposedly “dirty” Chinese eating habits—in particular the consumption of wildlife—for the outbreak, said to have begun at a so-called wet market that sold animals in Wuhan, China.

There was just one problem. The video wasn’t set in Wuhan at all, where bat isn’t a delicacy. It wasn’t even from China. Instead it showed Wang Mengyun, the host of an online travel show, eating a dish in Palau, a Pacific island nation[..].
These prejudices can fuel fear and racism. As the Wuhan virus spreads, the Chinese as a group are more and more likely to be blamed for its incubation and spread. In countries such as Malaysia and Indonesia, where there are already clashes around ethnic Chinese, those sentiments could turn nasty. In the West, especially under the Trump administration, it could fuel both government and public prejudices.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule