Fabio Wibmer's Home Office

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Fabio Wibmer's Home Office

Post by Bram »

"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Fabio Wibmer's Home Office

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

I love watching Fabio, but he's one dude who's going to get himself seriously injured or killed. Danny Macaskill does some crazy stuff, but you never get the feeling he's in danger of killing himself.
Every time I watch that video of Fabio blasting through Paris I'm reminded of Martyn Ashton. All it takes is one miss and it's over.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I wish I could do 1/1000th of that. I still struggle to track stand.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

I have a friend who was good enough at trials to get a summer job in the Batman show at Busch Gardens in Florida. Seeing someone who can do this type of stuff in person is just crazy. Getting a bike up and over stuff that I'd have trouble climbing. Unreal balance.

But I can out suffer him on a bike, so there's that.......
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

If you watch Fabio's "biking on ski slopes" video, I think he breaks his collar bone. Dude goes hard. It's nuts.

"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

I had to look up Martyn Ashton, huge jumps onto hard surfaces is such a massive level of risk. Fuck.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Martyn is a really great guy. He's currently a presenter for the Global Mountain Bike Network youtube channel. Really good content and a must watch if you're into bikes.
Here's a video of him. Warning, the room seems to get a bit dusty at parts:

He also has a TED talk about overcoming the mental side of his injury by focusing on new projects.

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Awesome :heart: Thanks for sharing