Hey FC, this what I mean by simple and good.

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Post Reply
User avatar
Schlegel
Top
Posts: 2145
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:21 pm
Location: Virginia

Hey FC, this what I mean by simple and good.

Post by Schlegel » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:28 am

12oz grilled burger rare and well seasoned on a homemade sesame bun, some grilled zucchini on the side. Homemade molasses cookie for dessert. I've seen Europeans sneer about Americans and hamburgers but they can F off.
20200610_195950.jpg
20200610_195950.jpg (283.34 KiB) Viewed 975 times
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 40007
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: Hey FC, this what I mean by simple and good.

Post by Fat Cat » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:43 am

That looks so good. I'm low carbing right now and found myself staring at the bun...*sigh*

Hamburgers are awesome and people only talk shit because they're coping with seething jealousy. They literally hate us for our (delicious) freedom. Also, I am married to a Europoor and can vouch for the fact that they love burgers, pizza, fried chicken, dogs, etc. If you take a Frenchman shooting in the morning and grilling by the pool in the afternoon, they will be singing the Star Spangled Banner by nightfall.
Image
"You can’t talk with communists, you have to kill them." -Józef Mackiewicz

JimZipCode
Top
Posts: 1459
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:48 pm

Re: Hey FC, this what I mean by simple and good.

Post by JimZipCode » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:46 am

Schlegel wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:28 am
Homemade molasses cookie for dessert.
I love molasses cookies.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

User avatar
Schlegel
Top
Posts: 2145
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:21 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Hey FC, this what I mean by simple and good.

Post by Schlegel » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:41 am

Courtesy of the wife working from home we have had this week fresh white bread, wheat bread, banana bread, both chocolate chip and molasses cookies, and of course the buns. They were so good we just devoured the first one hot with butter. My condolences on the low carbing.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

User avatar
newguy
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2531
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:32 am

Re: Hey FC, this what I mean by simple and good.

Post by newguy » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:51 pm

Schlegel wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:41 am
Courtesy of the wife working from home we have had this week fresh white bread, wheat bread, banana bread, both chocolate chip and molasses cookies, and of course the buns. They were so good we just devoured the first one hot with butter. My condolences on the low carbing.
Can you talk a bit about how you make the bun?

It's one of the things I haven't done yet during the Great Bake of 2020.

User avatar
Schlegel
Top
Posts: 2145
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:21 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Hey FC, this what I mean by simple and good.

Post by Schlegel » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:02 am

Mrs. says she used the King Arthur "Beautiful Burger Buns" recipe except she used the bread machine to do the mixing, kneading, and initial rise. If you use them same day you will need to toast them to dry them a bit to stand up to burger juices, after a day you can just slice them in two, butter and grill the inside on a flat grill or pan and they will be just right when warm and browned. King Arthur is her preferred flour source, she mail orders their stuff all the time.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

User avatar
newguy
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2531
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:32 am

Re: Hey FC, this what I mean by simple and good.

Post by newguy » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:22 pm

Schlegel wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:02 am
Mrs. says she used the King Arthur "Beautiful Burger Buns" recipe except she used the bread machine to do the mixing, kneading, and initial rise. If you use them same day you will need to toast them to dry them a bit to stand up to burger juices, after a day you can just slice them in two, butter and grill the inside on a flat grill or pan and they will be just right when warm and browned. King Arthur is her preferred flour source, she mail orders their stuff all the time.
Awesome. Thank you.

User avatar
Schlegel
Top
Posts: 2145
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:21 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Hey FC, this what I mean by simple and good.

Post by Schlegel » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:10 pm

This month's new food experiment was homemade sharwarma complete with pitas from scratch. Total success, except for the kids won't eat it. They are in the bland phase. More for me!

This is the best new recipe since schnitzel. The fresh pitas are awesome, a huge step up from even the ones bought at ethnic groceries. Hard to beat eating them still warm... I cook them on a hot griddle a couple minutes, flip once.

Lemon garlic yogurt sauce of course, and I also made a red chile sauce that's peppers, onion, cumin, mustard seeds, olive oil, and vinegar.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 21101
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Hey FC, this what I mean by simple and good.

Post by Turdacious » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:43 pm

Schlegel wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:10 pm
This month's new food experiment was homemade sharwarma complete with pitas from scratch. Total success, except for the kids won't eat it. They are in the bland phase. More for me!

This is the best new recipe since schnitzel. The fresh pitas are awesome, a huge step up from even the ones bought at ethnic groceries. Hard to beat eating them still warm... I cook them on a hot griddle a couple minutes, flip once.

Lemon garlic yogurt sauce of course, and I also made a red chile sauce that's peppers, onion, cumin, mustard seeds, olive oil, and vinegar.
Sounds great! My personal favorite way to enjoy shawarma is with amba (mango pickles)-- either as a topping or on the side.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Post Reply