Big Tish: Break Up the NRA

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

User avatar
Schlegel
Top
Posts: 2137
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:21 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Big Tish: Break Up the NRA

Post by Schlegel » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:40 pm

A look at any clip of police or army training from early to mid 20thC will make modern safety nerds freak out.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: Big Tish: Break Up the NRA

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:52 pm

Jelly Bryce would get kicked out of most pistol contests for violating safety rules.

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: Big Tish: Break Up the NRA

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:55 pm

Schlegel wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:40 pm
A look at any clip of police or army training from early to mid 20thC will make modern safety nerds freak out.
I'm not kidding. I honestly think there is a lot of weird sexual stuff going on. These dudes aren't experiencing it as carpentry or working on a car for fun. There's other stuff in the background. Weird stuff.

User avatar
Schlegel
Top
Posts: 2137
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:21 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Big Tish: Break Up the NRA

Post by Schlegel » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:59 pm

I'm pro safety... but there is such a thing as too much. Like the guy who freaked because an unloaded rifle in a hard case being walked back to a car was "pointed at him".

I put it in the concern trolling category. It's a type of virtue signaling, like the people who examine everything to see if they can find anything "problematic".
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: Big Tish: Break Up the NRA

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:05 pm

It's just not an inherently dangerous hobby to engage in.

Less risky than a band saw or Table saw or drill press or jacking up a car and sliding under it.

Ffs basic home remodelling is more risky.

Idk

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 21079
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Big Tish: Break Up the NRA

Post by Turdacious » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:07 pm

Bennyonesix1 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:55 pm
Schlegel wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:40 pm
A look at any clip of police or army training from early to mid 20thC will make modern safety nerds freak out.
I'm not kidding. I honestly think there is a lot of weird sexual stuff going on. These dudes aren't experiencing it as carpentry or working on a car for fun. There's other stuff in the background. Weird stuff.
Oh Christ.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

User avatar
newguy
Top
Posts: 2479
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:32 am

Re: Big Tish: Break Up the NRA

Post by newguy » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:28 pm

Bennyonesix1 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:05 pm
It's just not an inherently dangerous hobby to engage in.

Less risky than a band saw or Table saw or drill press or jacking up a car and sliding under it.

Ffs basic home remodelling is more risky.

Idk
My friend's dad is a gun/hunting enthusiast. Only has one leg. Lost his leg because he was up on a ladder trimming a tree or some shit and the ladder fell and he mangled his leg with the tool. Or something like that. Then again my uncle only had one eye and it was because he got shot when he was teen when him and his friends were messing around in the desert.

So I guess it's fifty fifty one way or the other.

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 12244
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Big Tish: Break Up the NRA

Post by nafod » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:38 pm

newguy wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:28 pm
Lost his leg because he was up on a ladder trimming a tree or some shit and the ladder fell and he mangled his leg with the tool.
Sounds like it was a race between a ladder, a gun, or any other pointy sharp object. 8-[
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 39735
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: Big Tish: Break Up the NRA

Post by Fat Cat » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:52 pm

Schlegel wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:59 pm
I'm pro safety... but there is such a thing as too much. Like the guy who freaked because an unloaded rifle in a hard case being walked back to a car was "pointed at him".

I put it in the concern trolling category. It's a type of virtue signaling, like the people who examine everything to see if they can find anything "problematic".
This thread isn't about SPELLS. Stay on topic.
Image
"You can’t talk with communists, you have to kill them." -Józef Mackiewicz

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: Big Tish: Break Up the NRA

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:51 pm

I will say that if I had a pistol or rifle or shotgun i had modified the trigger on so it was a feather pull I would be neurotic about it.

Same as if I modified any piece of equipment to make it dangerous.

But I don't do that.

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: Big Tish: Break Up the NRA

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:54 pm

Turdacious wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:07 pm
Bennyonesix1 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:55 pm
Schlegel wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:40 pm
A look at any clip of police or army training from early to mid 20thC will make modern safety nerds freak out.
I'm not kidding. I honestly think there is a lot of weird sexual stuff going on. These dudes aren't experiencing it as carpentry or working on a car for fun. There's other stuff in the background. Weird stuff.
Oh Christ.
I went a bit overboard on that one.

At least it was interesting and lulz unlike every fucking thing uou have ever poasted in your fucking life you god damned boring loser.

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 39735
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: Big Tish: Break Up the NRA

Post by Fat Cat » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:08 pm

BREAKING NEWS: @NRA
scores a HUGE win in California today. The 9th Circuit, led by a Trump-appointed judge, rules that ban on magazines with more than 10 rounds is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

This case will have repercussions nationwide.


https://mobile.twitter.com/NRA/status/1 ... 5013554176

Hard to believe this came out the hippe-ass 9th circuit court, but we'll take the W. Full cap is back on the menu, boys!
Image
"You can’t talk with communists, you have to kill them." -Józef Mackiewicz

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: Big Tish: Break Up the NRA

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:18 pm

Justice Roberts rubbing hands smiling dot png

Gene
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5241
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:18 pm
Location: Inner Pindostan

Re: Big Tish: Break Up the NRA

Post by Gene » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:15 pm

nafod wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:17 pm
Gene wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:34 pm
a can of gasoline.
Do you think the gun industry is just selling guns?

What are they really selling?

What are you selling, Nafod?

Do you sit in the faculty lounge talking about "gun violence" and shake your head with distaste about the NRA? Do you all agree that it "fails to see reason" and fails to "agree with common sense gun safety"?

I bet you never ask yourself who framed that "common sense"? Who paid for the people to promote that "common sense"? What are their motives? Air time, print time and media time are very expensive. Why promote this point of view?

Do you imagine that Corporate owners of Mass Media are altruists in this one subject? Isn't being a Progressive about protecting people from Corporate Greed? What Corporate Greed is served by promoting gun control?

Cheap tyranny.

Gun control is a racket.
Last edited by Gene on Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
This space for let

Gene
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5241
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:18 pm
Location: Inner Pindostan

Re: Big Tish: Break Up the NRA

Post by Gene » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:10 pm

nafod wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:17 pm
Gene wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:34 pm
a can of gasoline.
Do you think the gun industry is just selling guns?

What are they really selling?
Are you ever concerned how the Media makes anti-heroes out of mass shooters, Nafod? How they influence these losers and weaklings so that they can be powerful just one time if they shoot up a school? How they show these pretty and popular kids in tears, to illustrate to these losers that they can have power if they come to school and kill? They can make the pretty people, the powerful kids, the popular kids, cry like babies.

We never see how these kids suffer in prison. Wouldn't do to discourage school shootings since the "message" isn't about doing right but doing good. Disarming the proles. For their own good.

We just see what Wall Street lets us see. Air time is expensive. So is media time. We see advertisements, enticements, for losers to murder people.

Gun control is a racket.
Last edited by Gene on Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This space for let

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 39735
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: Big Tish: Break Up the NRA

Post by Fat Cat » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:05 pm

Started to read. Realized it's gene. Stopped reading.
Image
"You can’t talk with communists, you have to kill them." -Józef Mackiewicz

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: Big Tish: Break Up the NRA

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:06 pm

Fat Cat wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:05 pm
Started to read. Realized it's gene. Stopped reading.
He seems kinda whacked out in a non-entertaining way.

motherjuggs&speed
Gunny
Posts: 607
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:08 am

Re: Big Tish: Break Up the NRA

Post by motherjuggs&speed » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:21 pm

Just because someone is full of it most of the time doesn't mean he never makes any valid points.

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: Big Tish: Break Up the NRA

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:23 pm

That's how I live my life brother.

Post Reply