I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:20 am

Seeing as how Clinesmith is pleading and this election is heating up I guess we should have a Q thread.

This is that thread

I didn't check if there was another.

Qanon dot pub is the site I check.

I follow it because millions of ppl take it seriously and it will have an impact and it amuses me.

I think it is Flynn and a faction of the NSA and Unit 8200.

It's a broad spectrum propaganda samizdat outlet meant to appeal to the entirety of the Trump base and possible Trump supporters.

That's why it uses themes from Alex Jones to Art Bell to detailed crypto cabala and inside DC themes.

I'm open to it being a grift but I don't see the angle.

Where's the $$$$?

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:23 am

For example, look at the most recent poast july 31 and tell me that isn't a masterpiece of communication.

The recitation of the narrative (no matter what you think of its accuracy) is impossibly efficient.

It was absolutely written by someone with real skills and psychological insight.

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:31 am

And jfc please don't conflate the Q poasts with the randos who poast about the Q poasts.

Both are amusing but they aren't the same thing.

Yellow hat acct and nafod and spells DO NOT DO THIS NO ONE CARES

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 39735
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Fat Cat » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:29 am

I have avoided it. First of all, it's cryptic and ain't nobody got time fo' dat. Second of all, it's boomer tea party shit which I hate. Third, it's just kind of infowars loopy...which I say because I want my biases clear from the start. That said, CNN published a (((Stelter))) hit piece today that got my kitty cat senses tingling, so I did a little digging while I had my soup for lunch.

Here's the CNN article: https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/08/14/medi ... index.html

Naturally, it's as long as a Q post is short, but equally deranged. It's a conspiracy (to do what?), its a domestic terrorism threat, it's a cult, it's Christian (that's an insult in 2020, FYI), muh extremism, et cetera.

In particular, it relies heavily on the "Information Warfare Specialist" Molly McKew, which is enough to call its credibility into question. Here is a long article about McKew and her fraudulent claims to expertise and penchant for stirring up Russophobia:

https://medium.com/@DustinGiebel/molly- ... ce6829df1b

Basically, she has no expertise at all in the field. She poses as such, but is a paid lobbyist for the Georgian and Moldovan governments, and uses the claim of being a IW specialist to write hit pieces on Russia and Trump. She is also fat and ugly. You can get a taste of her via her twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/MollyMcKew?ref_src= ... r%5Eauthor

She is also closely allied with the "never Trump" camp, via the Stand Up Republic Foundation. So for her, the apparent angle of attack is that QAnon celebrates Trump and that makes it ideologically anathema.

Check it out and decide for yourself. That said, the fact that mainstream media is trotting out frauds like this to discredit QAnon speaks the fact that the system is reacting to the perception of a growing threat posed by the QAnon-Boomer borg. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
Image
"You can’t talk with communists, you have to kill them." -Józef Mackiewicz

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:34 am

It's a real movement.

There are millions influenced by it.

One of the most successful propaganda campaigns in history.

I can't see why anyone wouldn't be fascinated.

And yeah, whoever is behind it watched Art Bell and Alex Jones very closely and learned a lot.

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 12244
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by nafod » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:14 am

It makes me enormously sad for humankind.
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
Schlegel
Top
Posts: 2137
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:21 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Schlegel » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:53 am

I loathe conspiracy theories. Really.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

User avatar
syaigh
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5820
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:29 am
Location: Surrounded by short irrational people

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by syaigh » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:13 am

Just more evidence that the trumptrain all has daddy issues. Conspiracy theories make people feel special which makes them easy to manipulate. Same can be said of the far left. I guess everyone really does have low self esteem after all.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:31 pm

Typical 2020 irongarm thr&

Fatcat makes usual high-quality poast

The usual suspects spastically chime in with quotidian opinions and strings of floating signifiers like "conspiracy theories" and "daddy issues". Showing zero actual mental effort expanded or interest in providing something interesting.

Thr& dies.

Just great.

I don't get it. You all already have a place for this: facebook.

User avatar
syaigh
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5820
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:29 am
Location: Surrounded by short irrational people

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by syaigh » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:09 pm

Here, read this. Conspiracy theories make people feel special: https://psychcentral.com/blog/the-psych ... ieve-them/

"We argue that people high in need for uniqueness should be more likely than others to endorse conspiracy beliefs because conspiracy theories represent the possession of unconventional and potentially scarce information. […] Moreover, conspiracy theories rely on narratives that refer to secret knowledge (Mason, 2002) or information, which, by definition, is not accessible to everyone, otherwise it would not be a secret and it would be a well-known fact.

People who believe in conspiracy theories can feel “special,” in a positive sense, because they may feel that they are more informed than others about important social and political events. […]

Our findings can also be connected to recent research demonstrating that individual narcissism, or a grandiose idea of the self, is positively related to belief in conspiracy theories. Interestingly, Cichocka et al. (2016) found that paranoid thought mediates the relationship between individual narcissism and conspiracy beliefs.

The current work suggests, however, that need for uniqueness could be an additional mediator of this relationship. Indeed, previous work has shown that narcissism is positively correlated with need for uniqueness (Emmons, 1984) and here we showed that need for uniqueness is related to conspiracy belief."
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:15 pm

"Conspiracy theories" is a floating signifier and tautological as that person uses it.

User avatar
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 21213
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:26 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:37 pm

QAnon is an IQ test.

No?

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:51 pm

Yep. It selects out 120-125 IQ.

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 12244
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by nafod » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:04 pm

I wish I had thought it up. People are so unbelievably gullible.
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 21079
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Turdacious » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:30 am

Bennyonesix1 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:51 pm
Yep. It selects out 120-125 IQ.
If you get your Thetan levels high enough do you get to cut your balls off and get on a spaceship?
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:15 pm

nafod wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:04 pm
I wish I had thought it up. People are so unbelievably gullible.
Yeah. The 120-125 IQ meritocratic winners are a disaster.

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:18 pm

Turdacious wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:30 am
Bennyonesix1 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:51 pm
Yep. It selects out 120-125 IQ.
If you get your Thetan levels high enough do you get to cut your balls off and get on a spaceship?
Better that than live your crushingly dull mental existence.

"So then, because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth."

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 21079
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Turdacious » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:54 pm

Bennyonesix1 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:18 pm
Turdacious wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:30 am
Bennyonesix1 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:51 pm
Yep. It selects out 120-125 IQ.
If you get your Thetan levels high enough do you get to cut your balls off and get on a spaceship?
Better that than live your crushingly dull mental existence.

"So then, because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth."
“ Woman Folly is raucous, utterly foolish; she knows nothing“
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 39735
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Fat Cat » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:31 pm

nafod wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:14 am
It makes me enormously sad for humankind.
Do you wear a helmet and ride a short bus to school? There is a whole continent full of people who think that witch doctors can steal your penis with black magic:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-witc ... 3620080423

(FYI, only women can do that). Given that you believed in the Steele dossier hoax, the Russia hoax, the Ukraine hoax, the Kavanaugh hoax, the USPS hoax, and a host of other bizarre conspiracy theories about Trump, you must spend the majority of your time feeling "enormously sad" if that's what triggers you. Why is it so reasonable for you to believe in conspiracies which stroke your personal biases, but can't quite grasp that others might too? Is it really so crazy to think that there are powerful forces at play that we neither understand nor control? I honestly think one would have to be quite stupid to believe that we plebs have the full story.
Image
"You can’t talk with communists, you have to kill them." -Józef Mackiewicz

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:35 pm

Turdacious wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:54 pm
Bennyonesix1 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:18 pm
Turdacious wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:30 am
Bennyonesix1 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:51 pm
Yep. It selects out 120-125 IQ.
If you get your Thetan levels high enough do you get to cut your balls off and get on a spaceship?
Better that than live your crushingly dull mental existence.

"So then, because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth."
“ Woman Folly is raucous, utterly foolish; she knows nothing“
You are gelatinous and ponderous.

Better womanly folly than that.

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:37 pm

Fat Cat wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:31 pm
nafod wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:14 am
It makes me enormously sad for humankind.
Do you wear a helmet and ride a short bus to school? There is a whole continent full of people who think that witch doctors can steal your penis with black magic:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-witc ... 3620080423

(FYI, only women can do that). Given that you believed in the Steele dossier hoax, the Russia hoax, the Ukraine hoax, the Kavanaugh hoax, the USPS hoax, and a host of other bizarre conspiracy theories about Trump, you must spend the majority of your time feeling "enormously sad" if that's what triggers you. Why is it so reasonable for you to believe in conspiracies which stroke your personal biases, but can't quite grasp that others might too? Is it really so crazy to think that there are powerful forces at play that we neither understand nor control? I honestly think one would have to be quite stupid to believe that we plebs have the full story.
Epstein lol

But the thing I wonder about is: if it is a grift (entirely possible) where is the angle? Where's the $$$?

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 39735
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Fat Cat » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:39 pm

Yes, Epstein was a major mask slip and will be a defining moment moving forward.
Image
"You can’t talk with communists, you have to kill them." -Józef Mackiewicz

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 39735
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Fat Cat » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:18 pm

nafod wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:04 pm
Trump is putting baby mailboxes in camps!
Image
"You can’t talk with communists, you have to kill them." -Józef Mackiewicz

User avatar
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11207
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:08 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:42 pm

Q is like the Arab world confronting 9/11 and having conspiracy theories about how "all the Jews stayed home from the WTC on 9/11."
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 39735
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Fat Cat » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:47 pm

That's incredibly profound. I'm stunned by this insight.
Last edited by Fat Cat on Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
"You can’t talk with communists, you have to kill them." -Józef Mackiewicz

Post Reply