I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 12244
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by nafod » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:18 pm

Bennyonesix1 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:44 pm
People need explanations for external phenomena...

...That's what's going on.
Yup

It takes effort to Not-know. To actually just hold a state of I don't know what's going on, which fact is, we mostly actually don't.

Brain science shows that our brains basically are rationalization machines, constantly creating SeeAHill's great narrative arc in the sky.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:40 am

Please apply some of that there high-falutin' epistemic agnosticism to the very very bad orange man loser

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:08 am

There is no "rational" explanation for this and yet it demands explanation.

There is no possible way to maintain epistemic agnosticism in the face of this and remain functional.

Statements this counter to "reason" demand explanation.

https://english.uchicago.edu/

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 39734
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Fat Cat » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:11 am

University of Ebonics wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:08 am
Faculty Statement (July 2020)

The English department at the University of Chicago believes that Black Lives Matter, and that the lives of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Tony McDade, and Rayshard Brooks matter, as do thousands of others named and unnamed who have been subject to police violence. As literary scholars, we attend to the histories, atmospheres, and scenes of anti-Black racism and racial violence in the United States and across the world. We are committed to the struggle of Black and Indigenous people, and all racialized and dispossessed people, against inequality and brutality.

For the 2020-2021 graduate admissions cycle, the University of Chicago English Department is accepting only applicants interested in working in and with Black Studies. We understand Black Studies to be a capacious intellectual project that spans a variety of methodological approaches, fields, geographical areas, languages, and time periods. For more information on faculty and current graduate students in this area, please visit our Black Studies page.
Image
Image
"You can’t talk with communists, you have to kill them." -Józef Mackiewicz

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:28 am

You can't just say as the media does that "It makes perfect sense!" Because it makes absolutely no sense taken on its face. It's gobledeygook. It's completely irrational without education.

Imagine if you were told in 2007 that in 2020 this would be the case?

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:29 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by DrDonkeyLove... » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:17 pm

Bennyonesix1 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:28 am
You can't just say as the media does that "It makes perfect sense!" Because it makes absolutely no sense taken on its face. It's gobledeygook. It's completely irrational without education.

Imagine if you were told in 2007 that in 2020 this would be the case?
I'm grateful that the elite has taught me so many negative lessons about themselves since Covid came to town. A terrible realization to be sure but valuable nonetheless.

In this instance they've advanced their societal cause while creating a hedge against discrimination lawsuits. A deft move by the secular clerisy that will probably be duplicated many times in the very near future.

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:54 pm

My new favorite Q gag is when they tell the readers to follow Catherine Herridge's pen placement in her photos.

Brilliant and absurd and hilarious.

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:55 pm

DrDonkeyLove... wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:17 pm
Bennyonesix1 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:28 am
You can't just say as the media does that "It makes perfect sense!" Because it makes absolutely no sense taken on its face. It's gobledeygook. It's completely irrational without education.

Imagine if you were told in 2007 that in 2020 this would be the case?
I'm grateful that the elite has taught me so many negative lessons about themselves since Covid came to town. A terrible realization to be sure but valuable nonetheless.

In this instance they've advanced their societal cause while creating a hedge against discrimination lawsuits. A deft move by the secular clerisy that will probably be duplicated many times in the very near future.
The university system is a dead man stumbling forward from momentum. This is just part of looting the corpse.

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 12244
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by nafod » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:11 pm

Bennyonesix1 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:55 pm
DrDonkeyLove... wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:17 pm
Bennyonesix1 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:28 am
You can't just say as the media does that "It makes perfect sense!" Because it makes absolutely no sense taken on its face. It's gobledeygook. It's completely irrational without education.

Imagine if you were told in 2007 that in 2020 this would be the case?
I'm grateful that the elite has taught me so many negative lessons about themselves since Covid came to town. A terrible realization to be sure but valuable nonetheless.

In this instance they've advanced their societal cause while creating a hedge against discrimination lawsuits. A deft move by the secular clerisy that will probably be duplicated many times in the very near future.
The university system is a dead man stumbling forward from momentum. This is just part of looting the corpse.
The liberal arts portion.
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 39734
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Fat Cat » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:44 pm

Without question, the liberal arts and social sciences have led the charge into irrelevance, but the hard sciences have serious issues of their own. Publication of un-reviewed or poorly reviewed papers, unduplicable studies and experiments, falsification of significance criteria, etc. And, from a national perspective, the prostitution of our institutions of higher learning to foreign powers and their mail-order graduate students who, not unlike immigrants in other walks of life, will slave for the institution in exchange for residency. They are addicted to cheap Indian and Chinese graduate students who have the loyalty of a Brutus.
Image
"You can’t talk with communists, you have to kill them." -Józef Mackiewicz

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:21 am

What engineering programs need and are thankfully going to get is more black women.

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 12244
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by nafod » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:53 am

Bennyonesix1 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:21 am
What engineering programs need and are thankfully going to get is more black women.
They're not interested, mostly.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:09 pm

nafod wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:53 am
Bennyonesix1 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:21 am
What engineering programs need and are thankfully going to get is more black women.
They're not interested, mostly.
Jfc. You know blacks "weren't interested, mostly" in moving into Urban Catholic neighborhoods either. They had to search and pay blacks to do it. So you go put your faith in the eye of multikult not noticing the lack of shahnahqueesha. And accepting that it's "because they're not interested, mostly". Because you know how cowardly admins are. Scientists are already having to justify studying population genetic differences because of racism.

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 12244
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by nafod » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:47 pm

Bennyonesix1 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:09 pm
nafod wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:53 am
Bennyonesix1 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:21 am
What engineering programs need and are thankfully going to get is more black women.
They're not interested, mostly.
Jfc. You know blacks "weren't interested, mostly" in moving into Urban Catholic neighborhoods either. They had to search and pay blacks to do it. So you go put your faith in the eye of multikult not noticing the lack of shahnahqueesha. And accepting that it's "because they're not interested, mostly". Because you know how cowardly admins are. Scientists are already having to justify studying population genetic differences because of racism.
At the grad school level for engineering, Americans aren't interested, mostly.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:07 pm

nafod wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:47 pm
Bennyonesix1 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:09 pm
nafod wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:53 am
Bennyonesix1 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:21 am
What engineering programs need and are thankfully going to get is more black women.
They're not interested, mostly.
Jfc. You know blacks "weren't interested, mostly" in moving into Urban Catholic neighborhoods either. They had to search and pay blacks to do it. So you go put your faith in the eye of multikult not noticing the lack of shahnahqueesha. And accepting that it's "because they're not interested, mostly". Because you know how cowardly admins are. Scientists are already having to justify studying population genetic differences because of racism.
At the grad school level for engineering, Americans aren't interested, mostly.
"It's all just market forces!" Says the neo-liberal.

"Yes this is all terrible and very sad. But all the other possibilities are worse. There's no alternative. It's inevitable. And it's always been this way anyway. Why does this bother you? Are you racist?"

"White kids these days are just LAZY!"

*fantasizes about the day he begins collecting his second pension and buys another Tesla*

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:14 pm

Why would people be receptive to a crypto plot to take over the country?

Hmmmmm

https://mobile.twitter.com/zerosum24/st ... 0826136576

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:06 pm

https://www.latimes.com/local/californi ... story.html
Here’s why George Soros, liberal groups are spending big to help decide who’s your next D.A.

By PAIGE ST. JOHN, ABBIE VANSICKLE
MAY 23, 2018 7 AM
And here's a Sailer article laying out the money flow

https://www.unz.com/isteve/never-ever-m ... -attorney/

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 39734
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Fat Cat » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:09 pm

Bennyonesix1 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:06 pm
https://www.latimes.com/local/californi ... story.html
Here’s why George Soros, liberal groups are spending big to help decide who’s your next D.A.

By PAIGE ST. JOHN, ABBIE VANSICKLE
MAY 23, 2018 7 AM
And here's a Sailer article laying out the money flow

https://www.unz.com/isteve/never-ever-m ... -attorney/
The article is behind a paywall, but what's the gist of it?
Image
"You can’t talk with communists, you have to kill them." -Józef Mackiewicz

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:14 pm

In most district attorney elections, the campaign playbook is clear: Win over the local cops and talk tough on crime.

But in California this year, the strategy is being turned on its head.

Wealthy donors are spending millions of dollars to back would-be prosecutors who want to reduce incarceration, crack down on police misconduct and revamp a bail system they contend unfairly imprisons poor people before trial.

The effort is part of a years-long campaign by liberal groups to reshape the nation’s criminal justice system. New York billionaire George Soros headlines a consortium of private funders, the American Civil Liberties Union and other social justice groups and Democratic activists targeting four of the 56 district attorney positions up for election on June 5. Five other California candidates are receiving lesser support.

The cash infusion in the nonpartisan elections turns underdog challengers into contenders for one of the most powerful positions in local justice systems, roiling conventional law-and-order politics."
The Sailer article has the graph of all the money Soros donated.

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:22 pm

91306906-EB8F-4A64-AEF8-4299EEB4DE36.jpeg
91306906-EB8F-4A64-AEF8-4299EEB4DE36.jpeg (359 KiB) Viewed 47 times

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 39734
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Fat Cat » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:27 pm

I've posted in the past on here that billionaires were subverting the American political system from both ends of the spectrum but nobody here cares. The US is controlled by perhaps a few hundred wealthy families: Soros, Zuckerberg, Steyer, Omidyar, Koch, etc.
Image
"You can’t talk with communists, you have to kill them." -Józef Mackiewicz

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:32 pm

I mostly agree. The narratives we see in the media are controlled by them. And Soros absolutely controls the DAs and county commissions etc in a lot of areas.

But there are still powerful factions within the Gov Institutions that are doing their own thing.

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:29 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by DrDonkeyLove... » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:39 am

Fat Cat wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:27 pm
I've posted in the past on here that billionaires were subverting the American political system from both ends of the spectrum but nobody here cares. The US is controlled by perhaps a few hundred wealthy families: Soros, Zuckerberg, Steyer, Omidyar, Koch, etc.
I've evolved on this from FREE SPEECH to WTF.

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: I suppose we should have a Qanon thr& or something

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:36 am

Hard to believe anyone isn't aware of Soros and his plans. But here's another writeup from 2016

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/ ... orm-227519

Post Reply