Your Orange God is covid positive

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 39928
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: Your Orange God is covid positive

Post by Fat Cat » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:16 pm

lasalle wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:29 pm
I know this is heresy on here, but look at that picture of the event. Wear a fucking mask.

And p.s.-I'm in healthcare. Tough shit, die hard cowboys and libertarians: masks work.
Masks don't guarantee anything. If they did, everyone who wore a mask wouldn't care what others did, because they would be safe. Instead you're freaking out in a desperate attempt to restore a sense of control in your life. Also, the orange fat man is still your president.
Image
"You can’t talk with communists, you have to kill them." -Józef Mackiewicz

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 12355
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Your Orange God is covid positive

Post by nafod » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:04 pm

Fat Cat wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:16 pm
lasalle wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:29 pm
I know this is heresy on here, but look at that picture of the event. Wear a fucking mask.

And p.s.-I'm in healthcare. Tough shit, die hard cowboys and libertarians: masks work.
Masks don't guarantee anything.
Well, duh. But they greatly reduce the odds of getting infected. A lot.

The Whitehouse has more infected than New Zealand and Taiwan both.

The orange fat man is hyped up on Dexamethasone right now. He could run through a brick wall and keep going, broken bones and all. I hope he makes the Marines let him fly the helicopter back to the Whitehouse.
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 39928
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: Your Orange God is covid positive

Post by Fat Cat » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:31 pm

Let's not demean ourselves like this so early in the week. Neither of us know his medical status, history, symptoms, or course of treatment.
Image
"You can’t talk with communists, you have to kill them." -Józef Mackiewicz

User avatar
newguy
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2518
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:32 am

Re: Your Orange God is covid positive

Post by newguy » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:40 pm

Fat Cat wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:16 pm
lasalle wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:29 pm
I know this is heresy on here, but look at that picture of the event. Wear a fucking mask.

And p.s.-I'm in healthcare. Tough shit, die hard cowboys and libertarians: masks work.
Masks don't guarantee anything. If they did, everyone who wore a mask wouldn't care what others did, because they would be safe. Instead you're freaking out in a desperate attempt to restore a sense of control in your life. Also, the orange fat man is still your president.
Not to beat a dead horse, but mask theory is that wearing a mask offers us some protection (not a lot, but some). However, it greatly reduces our potential for spreading the virus. So for masks to work effectively, we would all need to wear one when together.

I am a mask wearer. I don't care of a group of grown adults decides they want to go to a bar and not wear masks. That is their right. I am currently choosing not to go to bars. But I do care that at work, where we all have to be, we all wear them indoors. Or at a market, or that kind of thing.

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 12355
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Your Orange God is covid positive

Post by nafod » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:55 pm

Fat Cat wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:31 pm
Let's not demean ourselves like this so early in the week. Neither of us know his medical status, history, symptoms, or course of treatment.
I do know he has Covid, has had spells (not “had Spells” in the biblical sense) of low O2, and is on a steroid that messes with your head.

Sounds like the antibodies were magic manna, if in fact he has risen on the third day healed from the virus.
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 39928
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: Your Orange God is covid positive

Post by Fat Cat » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:14 pm

newguy wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:40 pm
Fat Cat wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:16 pm
lasalle wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:29 pm
I know this is heresy on here, but look at that picture of the event. Wear a fucking mask.

And p.s.-I'm in healthcare. Tough shit, die hard cowboys and libertarians: masks work.
Masks don't guarantee anything. If they did, everyone who wore a mask wouldn't care what others did, because they would be safe. Instead you're freaking out in a desperate attempt to restore a sense of control in your life. Also, the orange fat man is still your president.
Not to beat a dead horse, but mask theory is that wearing a mask offers us some protection (not a lot, but some). However, it greatly reduces our potential for spreading the virus. So for masks to work effectively, we would all need to wear one when together.

I am a mask wearer. I don't care of a group of grown adults decides they want to go to a bar and not wear masks. That is their right. I am currently choosing not to go to bars. But I do care that at work, where we all have to be, we all wear them indoors. Or at a market, or that kind of thing.
I wear a mask when I'm in public places but I'm going to stop, just to spite you.
Image
"You can’t talk with communists, you have to kill them." -Józef Mackiewicz

User avatar
newguy
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2518
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:32 am

Re: Your Orange God is covid positive

Post by newguy » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:35 am

Image

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 12355
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Your Orange God is covid positive

Post by nafod » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:50 pm

I hear getting Covid makes you feel 20 years younger
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11257
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:08 pm

Re: Your Orange God is covid positive

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:35 pm

Rudy coughed his way through a Fox interview last night. Herman Cain kept announcing how much better he was doing until he died.

Remembering Poltergeist 2 for no reason at all.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

User avatar
vern
Top
Posts: 2297
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:08 am
Location: Down in the cane brake, close by the mill

Re: Your Orange God is covid positive

Post by vern » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:59 pm

“Wherever the crowd goes, run the other direction. They’re always wrong.” Bukowski

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 12355
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Your Orange God is covid positive

Post by nafod » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:11 am

Kind of interesting science...

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/1 ... -abortion/
Last Friday, as Trump developed worrisome symptoms of covid-19, the president received an emergency cocktail of anti-coronavirus antibodies made by Regeneron. These molecules are manufactured in cells from a hamster’s ovary, so-called “CHO” cells, according to the company—not in human cells.

...According to Regeneron, laboratory tests used to assess the potency of its antibodies employed a standardized supply of cells called HEK 293T, whose origin was kidney tissue from an abortion in the Netherlands in the 1970s.

Since then, the 293T cells have been “immortalized,” meaning they keep dividing in the lab, somewhat like a cancer, and have undergone other genetic changes and additions.
Don’t believe everything you think.

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:29 pm

Re: Your Orange God is covid positive

Post by DrDonkeyLove... » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:07 pm

nafod wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:11 am
Kind of interesting science...

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/1 ... -abortion/
Last Friday, as Trump developed worrisome symptoms of covid-19, the president received an emergency cocktail of anti-coronavirus antibodies made by Regeneron. These molecules are manufactured in cells from a hamster’s ovary, so-called “CHO” cells, according to the company—not in human cells.

...According to Regeneron, laboratory tests used to assess the potency of its antibodies employed a standardized supply of cells called HEK 293T, whose origin was kidney tissue from an abortion in the Netherlands in the 1970s.

Since then, the 293T cells have been “immortalized,” meaning they keep dividing in the lab, somewhat like a cancer, and have undergone other genetic changes and additions.
The fact that Trump was saved by hamster ovary cells delights me for some reason.

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1226
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: Your Orange God is covid positive

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:23 pm

Cheetoh Hitler tested positive for antibodies ystdy. Assuming the docs aren't incompetent or lying these weren't the antibodies he was given which means he was able to defeat the virus on his own. The most popular test in use, tests for different anti-bodies than he was given (but admittedly not all and some do test for the same ones the science is boring and complex) so it is possible he didn't need the cocktail. Note: if Immunity via cross-reaction or previous infection is extant, it takes 1-3 days to produce anti-bodies. But, we obv won't know unless the WH releases the specific test used.

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 12355
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Your Orange God is covid positive

Post by nafod » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:53 pm

DrDonkeyLove... wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:07 pm
nafod wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:11 am
Kind of interesting science...

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/1 ... -abortion/
Last Friday, as Trump developed worrisome symptoms of covid-19, the president received an emergency cocktail of anti-coronavirus antibodies made by Regeneron. These molecules are manufactured in cells from a hamster’s ovary, so-called “CHO” cells, according to the company—not in human cells.

...According to Regeneron, laboratory tests used to assess the potency of its antibodies employed a standardized supply of cells called HEK 293T, whose origin was kidney tissue from an abortion in the Netherlands in the 1970s.

Since then, the 293T cells have been “immortalized,” meaning they keep dividing in the lab, somewhat like a cancer, and have undergone other genetic changes and additions.
The fact that Trump was saved by hamster ovary cells delights me for some reason.
Soon to be on the shelves at your local GNC
Don’t believe everything you think.

Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1226
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: Your Orange God is covid positive

Post by Bennyonesix1 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:39 am

Lmao
Lmao
Lmao
Lmao
Lmao
Lmao
Lmao
Lmao
Lmao
Lmao

Post Reply