Page 4 of 5

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:03 pm
by nafod
Fat Cat wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:39 pm
Jeeze you boomer retards are slow. You cannot post images from Twatter here, just post the link.

Here: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErjPp72UUAEK6oj?format=jpg&

It's weird to me that you think a corporation-run social credit system is a GOOD thing.
Amtrak?

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:46 pm
by Grandpa's Spells
MAGAlmosts getting put on no-fly lists is funny, because they are the sorts who would want BLM supporters on them, but no fly lists are a bad thing.

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:52 pm
by Fat Cat
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:46 pm MAGAlmosts getting put on no-fly lists is funny, because they are the sorts who would want BLM supporters on them, but no fly lists are a bad thing.
You have never seen a capricious and hypocritical anti-right pressure tactic that didn't warm your heart.

It's pretty intense watching the way the left will stroke the nuts gently as they suck corporate cock, humming along to the deplatforming and disenfranchising of conservatives. It's free enterprise, right? But if a baker in Bimiji doesn't want to bake a cake for a couple of faggots? That's NOT OKAY.

Here, have some koolaid: :drinkers:

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:07 pm
by nafod
Why didn’t Pence kick Trump in his tiny nuts when they met yesterday?

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:11 am
by syaigh
"In a live webcast Tuesday evening, Rep. Mikie Sherrill, D-11, made a startling claim that some members of Congress led groups of people through the Capitol Building on a "reconnaissance" tour one day before the riot that laid a deadly siege on the government's legislative branch."

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/ ... 648386002/

I wonder how this will play out.

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:08 pm
by nafod
syaigh wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:11 am "In a live webcast Tuesday evening, Rep. Mikie Sherrill, D-11, made a startling claim that some members of Congress led groups of people through the Capitol Building on a "reconnaissance" tour one day before the riot that laid a deadly siege on the government's legislative branch."

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/ ... 648386002/

I wonder how this will play out.
I predict it will come out that there was real inside help. From guys like Mo Brooks and from cops, and that the line will lead through Trump’s campaign.

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:10 pm
by Turdacious
nafod wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:52 pm He's Air Force. Completely different!

But I expect there will be some Navy in there.
Truly sad the way you’ve disowned Principal McVicker, USAFA. Sad!

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:00 pm
by nafod
The dude with the Viking hat is former Navy.

Image

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:16 pm
by Grandpa's Spells
Reports of panic buttons being removed from the Capitol and "tours" to rioters given in the days prior. FBI briefed lawmakers that they may learn shocking things about colleagues.

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:32 pm
by Fat Cat
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:16 pm Reports of panic buttons being removed from the Capitol and "tours" to rioters given in the days prior. FBI briefed lawmakers that they may learn shocking things about colleagues.
Are you retarded? The Capitol, and individual senators and congressman, give tours all the time and they weren't "rioters"--by definition--until they rioted. The building is open to the public from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday.

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:32 pm
by newguy
I do not believe at all the any of congress expected or wanted the red wave running amuck through their halls. I am fairly sure they are all shook and pissed. They didn't sign up for that. Even the ones on the MAGA train.

That's their offices. That's where they go to work.

The only reason they are not all on board with throwing trump out and stringing him up (metaphorically) is because they do the calculations and decide it is or is not in their best interest.

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:18 pm
by Turdacious
You’re all forgetting who this whole thing is really about.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1cHDcP

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:47 am
by Gene
nafod wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:28 pm I have no idea who Jen Psaki is.
Ms. Psaki worked for Kerry in 2004. She worked for him as a State Department spokesperson under Obama. Biden hired her as his Press Secretary.

Matt Lee of the AP and she used to fence a lot.

Matt briefly questions her about Obama transparency wrt foreign policy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_mNnwNpIoM


Matt grills her on Kerry's remarks about Israel and "apartheid".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVGFNAGDwZA


Matt Lee grills her on Ed Snowden, asking her if the accused have a right to free speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf3iYI479oI


An RT reporter quotes the Wall Street Journal sources on deaths in Ukraine vs Syria. The reporter cites photos of civilian deaths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCy4ndFvF4Q

Her response to the last question is to blame the separatists for civilian deaths.

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:49 am
by Gene
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:16 pm Reports of panic buttons being removed from the Capitol and "tours" to rioters given in the days prior. FBI briefed lawmakers that they may learn shocking things about colleagues.
You're not Jen Psaki's cousin are you, Steve?

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:08 pm
by Gene
nafod wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:26 pm If people can't see that and understand the bullshit he sold them, that's on them and not the majority of Americans who saw through his shit. But they're snowflakes who feel that they, the minority, should get to rule anyway. No. I don't have to respect your delusion.

I look forward to Trump going to jail for tax fraud in New York, having to pay out to E Jean Carroll after his DNA is identified on her clothing, and getting impeached next week.
*shrug* If you spoke for "everyone else" Nafod explain where the 'blue wave' went in 2020? Explain why so many did vote for Trump. Why didn't Biden have a massive amount of votes over Trump? Biden had fifty one percent of the popular vote. Trump 47 percent of the vote.

We're not supposed to notice the Electoral College, right? Biden smashed Trump but who cares, right?

Why did the Republicans gain seats in the House?

The US Senate got three Democratic seats. Ossoff won by 0.2 percent of the vote. Warnock won by 2 percent.

If the silent majority agreed with you wouldn't we be seeing a blue wave? The Republicans "enabled" Trump. Why didn't they pay for it?




Why give Trump followers still another "swamp moment"? Who wants to impeach a President who has seven days left in office? What is the point of this behavior? Deny him a pension? He was donating his Presidential salary. Deny him SS protection? He has enough money to buy his own army.

His "legacy"? Neither impeachment had any compelling arguments. Trump was digging up dirt on Biden.

The second time? In 1954 Puerto Rican separatists shot up the US House. Five Reps were shot. Carter commuted their sentences. So much for the angst over "riots".

Send Trump to prison? How many years did it take to catch Jeff Epstein? Trump will be dead of old age before he's convicted of anything.


To a Trump supporter the "swamp" is being its usual vindictive self. Trump probably wanted this ending to his Presidency. All of his stupid shit and criminal behavior vanishes into the noise.

The Trump election was a cry of despair from middle America. They were tired of being pushed aside for Globalization. Trump spoke to them. Clinton told them to fuck off and die.

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:54 pm
by nafod
Gene, I don’t have an answer for broader questions you ask. I’ll have some thoughts later...

But to the immediate impeachment, as the legislative branch voted, the Capitol is being occupied by militia for the first time since the Civil War to protect them from POTUS’s violent supporters. Ponder on that.

It’s not a coincidence that Trump finally came out with an unequivocal statement against violence after the House handed McConnell the sword of Damocles that he now hangs over Trump’s head. Call the dogs off, or I ram a conviction through like a judicial appointment. Message received, it appears.

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:59 pm
by newguy
Gene wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:08 pm
nafod wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:26 pm If people can't see that and understand the bullshit he sold them, that's on them and not the majority of Americans who saw through his shit. But they're snowflakes who feel that they, the minority, should get to rule anyway. No. I don't have to respect your delusion.

I look forward to Trump going to jail for tax fraud in New York, having to pay out to E Jean Carroll after his DNA is identified on her clothing, and getting impeached next week.
*shrug* If you spoke for "everyone else" Nafod explain where the 'blue wave' went in 2020? Explain why so many did vote for Trump. Why didn't Biden have a massive amount of votes over Trump? Biden had fifty one percent of the popular vote. Trump 47 percent of the vote.

We're not supposed to notice the Electoral College, right? Biden smashed Trump but who cares, right?

Why did the Republicans gain seats in the House?

The US Senate got three Democratic seats. Ossoff won by 0.2 percent of the vote. Warnock won by 2 percent.

If the silent majority agreed with you wouldn't we be seeing a blue wave? The Republicans "enabled" Trump. Why didn't they pay for it?

Why give Trump followers still another "swamp moment"? Who wants to impeach a President who has seven days left in office? What is the point of this behavior? Deny him a pension? He was donating his Presidential salary. Deny him SS protection? He has enough money to buy his own army.

His "legacy"? Neither impeachment had any compelling arguments. Trump was digging up dirt on Biden.

The second time? In 1954 Puerto Rican separatists shot up the US House. Five Reps were shot. Carter commuted their sentences. So much for the angst over "riots".

Send Trump to prison? How many years did it take to catch Jeff Epstein? Trump will be dead of old age before he's convicted of anything.


To a Trump supporter the "swamp" is being its usual vindictive self. Trump probably wanted this ending to his Presidency. All of his stupid shit and criminal behavior vanishes into the noise.

The Trump election was a cry of despair from middle America. They were tired of being pushed aside for Globalization. Trump spoke to them. Clinton told them to fuck off and die.
To say there was not a blue wave is a bit disingenuous. Georgia flipped. Two senate seats. That's not nothing. Some republican states and seats that are never in doubt had to fight tooth and nail. There was a definite blue wave.

But you are absolutely correct that there is a red wave as well. Many people on the left side do not see how deeply disturbing the riots in the summer were. They don't get that while they were watching people peacefully march for social justice, a lot of people were watching neighborhoods burned and portland occupied. The media bias goes both ways and each side was getting a part of the story. Not the whole.

And the same with the covid response. The incompetence of creating a response that actually worked and the decision to just stay out of it both hurt the admin and helped the admin. The fractured media doesn't create a good sense of what is actually happening. And of course, someone spent four years talking about fake news and that the media is the enemy.

Regardless of all that, you have to impeach. Or at least put the case on the table. The presidents behavior leading up to the riot, through the riot, and after is either negligent icompetence or criminal. Maybe both.

The man spent months baselessly and without evidence calling the election a fraud. He brought a horde of people to the capitol. Him and his goons whipped them into a frenzy and then told them to march.

He didn't order troops in to stop it. He didn't call for peace during it. He fucking didn't even check in on the senators and reps. Call them to see if they are okay? No. He called them to make sure they were still going to flip the vote.

Trump is a deluded, sad, incompetent asshole. Maybe he just outright lies. Maybe he is too stupid to know he is lying. I have no idea. But if anyone has ever needed to be thrown out of office, even on the last day, it's him for how he handled the riot.

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:17 pm
by nafod
But you are absolutely correct that there is a red wave as well. Many people on the left side do not see how deeply disturbing the riots in the summer were. They don't get that while they were watching people peacefully march for social justice, a lot of people were watching neighborhoods burned and portland occupied.
The riots and related "Defund the Police" movement was such a gift to the repubs. Defund the Police was the stupidest thing ever. I wonder how it would have turned out without those two things.

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:39 pm
by nafod
Gene wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:08 pm Why give Trump followers still another "swamp moment"? Who wants to impeach a President who has seven days left in office? What is the point of this behavior? Deny him a pension? He was donating his Presidential salary. Deny him SS protection? He has enough money to buy his own army.

To a Trump supporter the "swamp" is being its usual vindictive self. Trump probably wanted this ending to his Presidency. All of his stupid shit and criminal behavior vanishes into the noise.

The Trump election was a cry of despair from middle America. They were tired of being pushed aside for Globalization. Trump spoke to them. Clinton told them to fuck off and die.
I'm kind of despaired about where all of this is going. A huge number of people genuinely believe that Trump won in a landslide and it was stolen, in the face of a shit-ton of evidence otherwise. That is their reality. There can be no resolution while the two groups hold true two completely different outlooks. It's just going to be a fight.

I go back to this article I linked to in another thread. It's not about rationality, it's about emotion. This is one of my favorite essays ever.

http://armedforcesjournal.com/wars-irra ... otivators/
Instead of clinging to the failed model of rational self-interest as an analytical tool, substitute “emotional self-interest.” It’s akin to switching on a light. If, instead of fabricating logical sequences of calculation where none exist, we accept that indi¬viduals, peoples and states act in ways that are emotionally sat¬isfying, no end of knotty analytical problems dissolve. Whether we look at why we vote for the candidates we do, why a terror¬ist straps on a suicide belt, why Hutus massacred 1 million Tutsis with cold steel or why states blunder into war, assessing the degree of emotional satisfaction gained from the act is as enlightening as seeking logic in such deeds is frustrating.

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:45 pm
by newguy
nafod wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:17 pm
But you are absolutely correct that there is a red wave as well. Many people on the left side do not see how deeply disturbing the riots in the summer were. They don't get that while they were watching people peacefully march for social justice, a lot of people were watching neighborhoods burned and portland occupied.
The riots and related "Defund the Police" movement was such a gift to the repubs. Defund the Police was the stupidest thing ever. I wonder how it would have turned out without those two things.
One of my friends is a county sheriff. You wouldn't call him a liberal, but he generally votes democrat.

Him and his fam voted republican down the the ticked because "defund the police."

This is a guy who has always said things like.....we get too many calls that should be handled by social workers. We need more training on handling issues that are outside normal police boundaries.....too many people who are addicts get sent to jail. We need to send the to treatment....etc. etc. etc.
He wasn't full onboard with BLM, but he saw the points.

Lost vote all because of a slogan.

Multiply him by tens of thousands, in addition to people who possibly would have gone democrat for this election just because and now didn't.

Defund the Police was the WORST market slogan possible.

That being said, there are plenty of voters farther on the left who were motivated more than ever to vote because of all the shit that happened this summer.

But in the end I think that the defund the police slogan hurt much more than it helped.

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:46 pm
by Fat Cat
nafod wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:39 pm I'm kind of despaired about where all of this is going. A huge number of people genuinely believe that Trump won in a landslide and it was stolen, in the face of a shit-ton of evidence otherwise. That is their reality. There can be no resolution while the two groups hold true two completely different outlooks. It's just going to be a fight.
You should despair. Consider this: you have no more evidence that the election was fair than they do that it was rigged. We are all in a position of powerlessness, and that sort of fear makes people lash out.

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:51 pm
by newguy
Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:46 pm
nafod wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:39 pm I'm kind of despaired about where all of this is going. A huge number of people genuinely believe that Trump won in a landslide and it was stolen, in the face of a shit-ton of evidence otherwise. That is their reality. There can be no resolution while the two groups hold true two completely different outlooks. It's just going to be a fight.
You should despair. Consider this: you have no more evidence that the election was fair than they do that it was rigged. We are all in a position of powerlessness, and that sort of fear makes people lash out.
I don't know about that. I'm not going to lie and say that I have a working knowledge of every states election process, but in general you have safeguards and processes.

Lack of evidence of widespread fraud IS evidence that the election worked as intended.

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:54 pm
by nafod
Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:46 pm
nafod wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:39 pm I'm kind of despaired about where all of this is going. A huge number of people genuinely believe that Trump won in a landslide and it was stolen, in the face of a shit-ton of evidence otherwise. That is their reality. There can be no resolution while the two groups hold true two completely different outlooks. It's just going to be a fight.
You should despair. Consider this: you have no more evidence that the election was fair than they do that it was rigged.
WHAT? Are you nuts?

Every close state election had a recount. All electronic elections were verified with paper trail (looking at Georgia). All court cases (over 60 of them) were adjudicated and either dismissed or thrown out on their ass with prejudice. Zero evidence was presented in court that suggested fraud. The Trump campaign didn't even assert fraud in PA, for example. Lots of the cases ruled on by judges nominated by Trump himself. Every state certified the election. The DOJ agreed that nothing happened that could change the outcome.

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:06 pm
by Fat Cat
newguy wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:51 pm I don't know about that. I'm not going to lie and say that I have a working knowledge of every states election process, but in general you have safeguards and processes.

Lack of evidence of widespread fraud IS evidence that the election worked as intended.
Totally illogical thinking friendo, what is known in logic as argument from ignorance. The fact that there are laws against murder does not mean murders don't happen, and absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

I'm not trying to convince you there was fraud, but I am saying that you--pleb--and I don't have any idea about whether or not your "safeguards and processes" were followed. We, the modern digital peasants, live in a world buffeted by forces that we don't understand and which are beyond meaningful observation. That makes people instinctively afraid, and fearful people do fearsome things. Much of the antagonism between the left and right comes from that angst born from a sense of disorientation with the modern world and what Carl Sagan called, "impatience with ambiguity."

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:09 pm
by Fat Cat
nafod wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:54 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:46 pm
nafod wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:39 pm I'm kind of despaired about where all of this is going. A huge number of people genuinely believe that Trump won in a landslide and it was stolen, in the face of a shit-ton of evidence otherwise. That is their reality. There can be no resolution while the two groups hold true two completely different outlooks. It's just going to be a fight.
You should despair. Consider this: you have no more evidence that the election was fair than they do that it was rigged.
WHAT? Are you nuts?

Every close state election had a recount. All electronic elections were verified with paper trail (looking at Georgia). All court cases (over 60 of them) were adjudicated and either dismissed or thrown out on their ass with prejudice. Zero evidence was presented in court that suggested fraud. The Trump campaign didn't even assert fraud in PA, for example. Lots of the cases ruled on by judges nominated by Trump himself. Every state certified the election. The DOJ agreed that nothing happened that could change the outcome.
You completely missed the point, midwit. I'm not arguing that there was vote fraud, I'm arguing that you only know what people tell you. You have no way to verify, and from the way you talk, no desire to. You're just happy to be told what to think and do.