The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Yes I Have Balls

Re: The couch thread

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

Nicole looks old.

I love how on the cutaway shots of Everett's DL they show a close-up of a guy wearing the new Reebok shoes, but in reality Everett was wearing oly shoes.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

Yes I Have Balls wrote:Nicole looks old.

I love how on the cutaway shots of Everett's DL they show a close-up of a guy wearing the new Reebok shoes, but in reality Everett was wearing oly shoes.
What I find humorous is how they almost eliminated OPT from the entire thing, even though he won the first gaymes. Revisionist history is part of their mission statement.
Last edited by Mountebank on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

http://blogs.forbes.com/sportsmoney/201 ... edibility/
The next step is television. Though streaming this year on ESPN3, I would not be surprised in the least to see ESPN, Fox, or Comcast-NBC add the Reebok CrossFit Games as part of their primary summer sports inventory by the 2012 Games.

kreator

Post by kreator »

Crust Bucket wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6_QKsrynuw[/youtube]

good god. They're practically claiming that they invented "working out hard" and "cheering other people on".

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

I just can't stop laughing my gorilla ass off at this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssvx5OHDSBQ[/youtube]
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Post by Crust Bucket »

BUWHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA.........
OK, what the fuck was that shit?!

syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

kreator wrote:
Crust Bucket wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6_QKsrynuw[/youtube]

good god. They're practically claiming that they invented "working out hard" and "cheering other people on".

The Woodstock of Fitness?

RUFKM?

The mud and the blood and the beer?

All i can say is..."Get a Net!"
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

WildGorillaMan wrote:I just can't stop laughing my gorilla ass off at this.

Jesus wept.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Which is more idiotic ? The "exercise" itself or the need to have a judge to count reps and I assume monitor form and call "no reps".

Reminds of my favorite affiliate, @fit Camelot

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a55hIGmMzuE[/youtube]
Tantum validus superstes

friedquads
Pillowbiter

Post by friedquads »

Captain Quack wrote:

What I find humorous is how they almost eliminated OPT from the entire thing, even though he won the first gaymes. Revisionist history is part of their mission statement.
They just didn't eliminate OPT, they also cut out Brett Marshall (aka "AFT") who was the second place winner that year and also apart of OPT's crew in Calgary. It's hilarious looking at the list of hosebags for that Woodstock of Fitness joke: http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/CrossFi ... esults.pdf
Jay wrote:BTW, warriors kill shit. The only things you kill are exercise science and the board short display at Target.
I choose to kill people with kindness. Oh, I should also mention "kindness" is the name of my samurai sword.

lesser_rebelangel
Staff Sergeant
Location: at the intersection of undertraining & overthinking

Post by lesser_rebelangel »

Reminds me of another video I saw recently:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9_g1Nuo ... page#t=35s

Also, DAT EXCESSIVE USE OF SLO-MO. There wasn't a single impressive lift in the whole goddamn video, just one big circle jerk and pat on the back.
"It stinks like sex in here."

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

A fucking hair net.

ThespianDouche
Sarge

Post by ThespianDouche »

Where the fuck is that sledge hammer shit from? Gorilla Jeebus thats retarded. I would be less offend by orphan midget tossing. OKay, I really like orphan midget tossing. Who comes up with this shit?

Spirit or the event? Getting together after wards to hang out? Rugby has been doing that since the early 1900's. I got cheered on at every wieghtlifting meet I've been to and most of the times, coaches will give suggestions to my coach on how I can improve.

THis is one of the biggest pieces of add copy bullshit I have seen.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

@fit finally has a real HaRdKorE KiLLaH!

Too soon?
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

friedquads wrote: It's hilarious looking at the list of hosebags for that Woodstock of Fitness joke: http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/CrossFi ... esults.pdf
at the '07 Gaymes HQ Corporate Cuntsel Saran hit a 1005 @fit Total? That's surprisingly uncunty. I never would have guessed.
You'll Hurt Your Back

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

They added 500# as a legal handicap.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

What i find amazing is they build up this epic lift as being transformational, (i had no idea what happened when i watched it...i was training for a sport that day i think) then he not only DNFs, he DNSs. With like 750lbs, wait that was 570...maybe THAT was couch meant...
"But here's the fascinating part. We can take you from being a 200 pound man to a 570 pound missed deadlift in two years while only pulling max singles four or five times a year."
HE IS RIGHT!!!

Trying for a 30lb PR and leaving it stapled to the ground is BMacian.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

RRG talk 2 years ago! LULZ

Saran says "It's comin'!"
Robb-
Where is your RRG money? Indeed.
I don’t care about all of the other stuff, but I take this as a personal attack on my integrity. Your welcome for the hours I spent running down the rogue person in Chico who you wanted to stop advertising CrossFit. Shall I just invoice you for the hours or was that okay for CF HQ to do on your behalf?
I have met with the Beazley Syndicate re-insurers from London last week to ensure we have authority to conduct our claims administration as we see fit for the RRG. We are waiting for Montana’s Department of Insurance to clear us to start issuing policies. Many of the other 50 states will drop within weeks of Montana’s license being issued. CF HQ paid for all of this upfront, despite the RRG being affiliate owned, with HQ providing its own fair sure of the funding for the RRG, as well.
Robb, whatever happened with you, Dave, and Greg – hey, I wasn’t there. You all have a history that precedes me, but my question is this – how much did you make as a result of CF providing you the nutrition gigs? Are you telling me you would have had such an audience but for CF? If you’re so above CF, then why don’t you give back every red cent you ever made on your nutrition certs and walk away? Do your own thing.

What I hear is a guy who wants to reap the benefits of the CF brand, but throw rocks at it from behind some wall of being “above it all”. You know exactly how to contact me because you had no problem doing so when you needed HQ’s legal help.

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

protobuilder wrote:

Jesus wept.
Serious helmet-wearing, window-licking right there.

Sledge: UR DOIN IT RONG
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.

friedquads
Pillowbiter

Post by friedquads »

Shafman wrote:RRG talk 2 years ago! LULZ

Robb-
I don’t care about all of the other stuff, but I take this as a personal attack on my integrity. Your welcome for the hours I spent running down the rogue person in Chico who you wanted to stop advertising CrossFit. Shall I just invoice you for the hours or was that okay for CF HQ to do on your behalf?

Robb, whatever happened with you, Dave, and Greg – hey, I wasn’t there. You all have a history that precedes me, but my question is this – how much did you make as a result of CF providing you the nutrition gigs? Are you telling me you would have had such an audience but for CF? If you’re so above CF, then why don’t you give back every red cent you ever made on your nutrition certs and walk away? Do your own thing.
What fucking integrity? Lawyer boy can't argue the facts since they're not on his side, so he pulls a strawman that has absolutely nothing to do with the situation at hand. God damn I hate that guy.
Jay wrote:BTW, warriors kill shit. The only things you kill are exercise science and the board short display at Target.
I choose to kill people with kindness. Oh, I should also mention "kindness" is the name of my samurai sword.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

So where is the RRG money?
You'll Hurt Your Back

friedquads
Pillowbiter

Post by friedquads »

WildGorillaMan wrote:So where is the RRG money?
Here...

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

friedquads wrote:
Shafman wrote:RRG talk 2 years ago! LULZ

Robb-

What fucking integrity? Lawyer boy can't argue the facts since they're not on his side, so he pulls a strawman that has absolutely nothing to do with the situation at hand. God damn I hate that guy.
Whatever keeps him in custom shirts.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

sanitized reality
Private

Post by sanitized reality »

WildGorillaMan wrote:
friedquads wrote: It's hilarious looking at the list of hosebags for that Woodstock of Fitness joke: http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/CrossFi ... esults.pdf
at the '07 Gaymes HQ Corporate Cuntsel Saran hit a 1005 @fit Total? That's surprisingly uncunty. I never would have guessed.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZkumTvSqpc[/youtube]

justpassingthrough
Corporal

Post by justpassingthrough »

Awesome!