Weck Method and Uncle Weck on Instagram

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Weck Method and Uncle Weck on Instagram

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:44 pm

Who has the skinny on this shit? And, who is watching the drunk crazy uncle schtick on Instagram? I will give some credit where credit is due...I'm tuning in to see what crazy shit he's going to say next. I see such august fitness luminaries as Steve Cotter, Matt Furey, and Bud Jeffries flocking to his certifications, so that's interesting. Probably more voodoo, but I want to see these Weck Steps he keeps talking about. If there's anything that keeps the fitness industry interesting it's cryptic methods and personal drama...this shit is delivering both of those in spades.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Re: Weck Method and Uncle Weck on Instagram

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:04 pm

There's been enough time for bosu and shit to pay dividends if it paid dividends. The pro coaches have been exposed to this stuff and passed. The folks who are into it are personal trainers trying to manage neophilac clients.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:17 pm

Well, this dude is ranting and raving about putting Nike out of business and REVOLUTIONIZING HUMAN LOCOMOTION. He's putting on like he's the Tesla of the fitness industry. I've seen it all before, but this crazy act is different.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:27 pm

Please link, the early stages of Internet Fitness Personality Mental Health Decline are amusing.

edit: Oh shit it's late stage https://www.instagram.com/p/B1G97MtHnp2 ... _copy_link
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:22 am

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:27 pm
Please link, the early stages of Internet Fitness Personality Mental Health Decline are amusing.

edit: Oh shit it's late stage https://www.instagram.com/p/B1G97MtHnp2 ... _copy_link
I see and raise you.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1B7sdcntbE/
This is almost cossack lunge and hunny level.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:51 am

I'm telling ya, he's nuttier than a bag of squirrel turds.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:55 am

I know David, although it's been a number of years since I've talked to him. He was always a bright guy with a huge hunger for knowledge and constantly trying out new inventions.

Regardless of anything else, his stuff is getting traction. I saw an article in Men's Fitness a few months ago of his ball/handle thing with some crazy looking rotation stuff. I dunno, I just get rather cynical about the whole industry. Do curls = get bigger arms. Do squats = get bigger legs. Do jumps = more athletic. All the extra stuff, besides some things cribbed from physical therapists to keep your joints healthy, just wears me out at this point.
"Penetrating so many secrets, we cease to believe in the unknowable. But there its sits nevertheless, calmly licking its chops." - H.L. Mencken

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:01 am

That was magnificent! Best thing I've cringe-watched in a loooooooong time.

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:36 am

Holy fuck.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:31 pm

The weird little shaker things have been around a while, I know Steve Cotter got into them quickly

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:31 pm

In Steve's defense, he has been a friend of Weck for 20+ years. A lot of his Full KOntact KBs series was influenced by Weck.
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González