IGX "...overflowing with foulmouthed ignorance."

IGX "...overflowing with foulmouthed ignorance."
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:19 am

<

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:04 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

He would grab a Marine, and before doing the technique would say "Now I really cant hurt this man, because he is a United States Marine, and can't be hurt." and then the screaming would start.

Some quotes

"Beer is Chi!" :drinkers:

" Fighting Hurts!" :axe:

"SF= Smart Fucker."

" When I was younger,I used to get all worked up about this and that, fighting every Battle that came along, and then one day a smart msat me down, and he helpedme realize you have to pick your battles, not all of them need to be fought. You can't win them all, and should'nt.
You need to pick your Battles, Dylan. Before you get into an argument with her, ask yourself " Does this really matter, is this really that important?"and if the answer is no, don't fight, save it for one the answer is yes,then you have a better chance of winning, with her, or anything else." -Schooling a young man, who needed it at the time.

"Nations do not have friends, they have mutual intrest at stake."- When discussing Allies.

" I stole your soul, that's how."

" I lived by the 3 strikes rule as a single man, they do 3 things that pissed me off and they were gone,and it worked well, untill my wife came along and I no longer minded. - These 2 were a sweet sight, they held hands all the time, 2 people who you could tell were still IN Love with each other. Ying and Yang balanced.

" I fucking hate that movie, because those God Damn Marines would play that fucking Jarhead shit all day, everyday on the TV outside my office. I went out there, turned that shit off andtold themthey will never playthis movie in here and to buy more than 1 fucking tape!"
- Whenever

" There aint enough time in the day to do all the shit the Spetznaz is suppossed to do.- Telling what a CO of Delta once said about Spetnaz.

"Jim did you see the Frontline Documentary about the battle of Moogadishu last night?"
" No, but I was at the Play."- Jim was there.

When a tool was with us and said his Paintball playing would make him do well in a firefight, he was put down with.
"Do you have any Paint Morters, you know you do not hear the one thats coming at you?" - Guy gets duh look.
" Do you have Paint crew served Machine Guns, that can kill you at long distances? - "No."
"Then how do you proposse to do well in an enviroment with such things?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:36 pm 
Recruit

Dylan, I don't remember if you were there for this one:

One night, Jim was teaching class and was doing DaiNikyu to one of our guys (you know who)- a horribly painful technique, and he was torquing it really well.

The guy was flailing pretty hard being in so much pain, and he hit the floor. At one point, he hit Jim right in the crotch area and Jim never blinked, never flinched, didn't make a sound, he just kept following the technique through. Once he let the guy go, the guy composed himself and apologized to Jim who, without even batting an eye said:

"It's alright, they're made of brass, anyway."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:34 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Dave Wink said that there is a saying about how ,with the student,all things are possable, and Jim never lost that student mind. That is what made him a master Martial artist.

I tend to agree, Jim was open minded, he was willing to try many ideas and concepts out, collecting data on what worked and what did not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:22 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

I didn't realize until NaDork's post over in the FS forum that this fellow that passed away was NativeBermudian. If it's not going to offend anyone I'd like to know more about him. He was former SF? Retired? How old was he and if'n you don't mind, what did he die from? Dlyna fill in the gaps for those of us who didn't know anything about him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:19 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Shape,
Dylan's posts in this thread would be a good place to start:
viewtopic.php?t=12355&start=0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:05 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

He had to do things like run 26 miles with 65#s worth of gear for a "Selection", many groups use that term,he did not saythis to brag, he said this to state expectations to someone who wanted to know.

Some of his Instructors in Ranger School, in the late 70's, were Son Tay Raiders.

He did not talk about things he was not allowed to, but he gave a glimps into another world, yet with every reason to feel Elite, he was very humble and kind.

He cared about people, and always stressed that you treat Prisoners with respect and dignity, he said he would not let his people call the Somali's " Skinnies" as it was dehumanizing.

You always got the sense that Jim was about killing or neutralizing an aggressor verry quickly,where asLamond would take you down quick, but break you slow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:13 am 
Sergeant Commanding

http://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.4& ... bc1de6e498

Jim and Liam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:09 pm 
Jesus Christ®

Darf, do you have to be signed in or something? The link no worky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:12 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

I suck at posting images, I'll see if Mags can help me out as she sent me the pic.
It's Jim holding my eldest Son when he was 2 weeks old on the day I was awarded my Shodan.

It's a very dangeous man,looking like a teddy bear while holding a Baby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:16 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

http://www.legacy.com/washingtonpost/De ... submit1=Go

This is the obituary for Jim in the Wash. post, the guest book is large and touching and includes some of America's finest warriors as well as alot of people who's lives were touched by Jim,some great stories about Jim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:39 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

......attempt failed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:42 pm 
Jesus Christ®

Darth, very nice. Some great stories in the guestbook attest to what kind of man he was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:01 am 
Recruit

D'oh! Sorry, D, been busy-ish up here seeing as we are getting into the tourist season. Lots of daylight but lots of work, too. I'll post the pic in just a sec....

Last edited by Mags on Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:18 am 
Recruit

There ya go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:31 am 
Supreme Martian Overlord

I just read this thread and the link to The Post. You were lucky to know him closely, Dylan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:39 am 
Sergeant Commanding

3 years ago, my Ford Ranger's transmission took a shit.
Jim had a grey 1994 Volvo 850 sedan sitting in his carport (He treated himself to a S-60 when he retired from the Army) and told me to come over, jump it and take it home, basically gave me the car.

The car was cool, it was a dark smokey grey, no shinny or flashy trim, it looked like a stealth car.

I only had to drop a grand into it (it sat for 2 years till I got it) to get it up to spec.
I loved that car, drove it doing the Domino's gig, it was manuverable, comfortable and safe. I would rather have an old 850 Volvo than a new BMW.
I was t-boned by a dumb little chick, and it destroyed her shit box.
It was fairly dependable but in the last year it had some tranny problems, plus a busted wiper motor and a bad radiator, me not making $$$ hand over fist,I parked it, with the intent of either fixing it up or keeping it as a parts car and getting another 850 by next summer. Eventually rebuilding it when I could get a place with a garage.
It was a reminder of my friend and Sempai, I have to admit, after he died I sat in it one night and got drunk while talking to Jim.
Well, the county is going around telling everyone they have to get any untagged cars out of their driveways and what not. My mother in law, who is our landlady would not listen to me when I told her all you have to do is put a tarp on it and they cant do shit about it, WHATEVER!
Long story short, we had to get it out of the driveway today, so I come home from work and the Ol Lady has her father getting ready to tow it away.
I cleaned it out, finding a few things I forgot and a couple of odd nick nacks of Jim's. It brought it all back.
Man it broke my heart, I loved that car, even broke down, I loved that car because it ment something to me, it was a reminder of the fact I had a very good friend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:21 pm 
Jesus Christ®

D-Lo, probably the best testament to the kind of guy NB was is the positive, even fatherly, impact he made on you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:31 am 

Thanks for posting all of this information about Jim. I went to high school with Jim, and he was always a good friend. We both went to St. Vincent's in Vallejo, and he graduated from St. Patrick's in Vallejo after it opened. I knew he went to West Point and got a nice letter from him after my father died. He was always such a sweet guy, and I guess that carried over into his adult life. I saw a listing in the high school newsletter that he had died, and I was shocked, as 54 is still young. Thanks again for the informaion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:30 am 
Jesus Christ®

Trooper is the one we all want to be like. Fo realz.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:20 pm 
Jesus Christ®

It's coming up on a year now. Damn.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:43 am 
Recruit

Yes, it is hard to believe the time has passed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:22 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

A year and and 2 days from the date Jim died, one of his students passes "Oku Iri" or opens the door and becomes a shodan.
Chuck is one in a line of those who were lucky enough to train under Jim for most of his development (Chuck was a 2nd Kyu when Jim passed) that will sadly lessen in number with the passage of time.

Life goes on.

Going to Arlington this week to visit Jim.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:41 am 
Recruit

RIP to this great man.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:21 am 
Jesus Christ®

Another year. Damn. But Native Bermie is forever in Valhalla.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:14 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

RIP Sempai

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy