We has a C2 team

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

Cave Canem

Re: We has a C2 team

Post by Cave Canem » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:26 am

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote:We had 5 of us in the challenge and finished 98th out of 393 teams with1,040,763 meters. If you narrow it down to jus the virtual teams with 1-5 people, we were second.

Major props to Bob Wildes who carried the team on his undoubtably wide back with over 600,000 of those meters.
I apologize. Had hoped to do better but I'm getting my hip replacement revised in 4 weeks. Thought I'd be able to power through but it didn't work out. I'll be out for the Holiday challenge but should be back on the rower by mid Spring.
Tantum validus superstes

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sgt. Major

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:50 am

No worries. It's not like we get paid for this stuff.

Good luck with the hip. What does "revised" mean? Resurfacing of the joint or some adjustment of the implant?
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

aussie luke
Staff Sergeant

Post by aussie luke » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:05 pm

Sorry I forgot to sign up. I decided to switch my training from lots of long steady state work to the Pete Plan, so thought my total distance would drop dramatically. Turns out I was wrong.

Next time.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sgt. Major

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:14 pm

Last time I ran the PP to get ready for a race my meters/week went up by several thousand. Thinking of going with that again for the Erg Sprints in Feb, since the 5k I race in Nov isn't going on this year. Should be able to get some base and tempo work in until after Christmas and then use the PP to peak the speed over 4-5 weeks.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Bob Wildes

Post by Bob Wildes » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:03 pm

Cave Canem wrote:
Alfred_E._Neuman wrote:We had 5 of us in the challenge and finished 98th out of 393 teams with1,040,763 meters. If you narrow it down to jus the virtual teams with 1-5 people, we were second.

Major props to Bob Wildes who carried the team on his undoubtably wide back with over 600,000 of those meters.
I apologize. Had hoped to do better but I'm getting my hip replacement revised in 4 weeks. Thought I'd be able to power through but it didn't work out. I'll be out for the Holiday challenge but should be back on the rower by mid Spring.
Yeah, good luck with the resurfacing.
"Tell A.P. Hill he must come up."

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:56 pm

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote:No worries. It's not like we get paid for this stuff.

Good luck with the hip. What does "revised" mean? Resurfacing of the joint or some adjustment of the implant?
They call it a revision when they are replacing the replacement. I had resurfacing 12/3/09. It didn't work out well and was revised to a total hip replacement on 4/21/10. I had a large head metal on metal replacement which was state of the art at the time but they don't do them much anymore. A lot of them have been recalled due to metal wear and potential toxicity. Now the metal ions in my blood have reached levels where a new replacement is called for. I've been told that this next one should last 30 years.
Tantum validus superstes