Sarge

Re: We has a C2 team

Post by HorizonMan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:42 pm

Erg showed up today, but looks like it's too late to join this motley crew. :(

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:02 pm

HorizonMan wrote:Erg showed up today, but looks like it's too late to join this motley crew. :(
more challenges next month.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sgt. Major

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:06 am

Apparently I can only ad team members during the sign up period for team challenges. I'll keep this bumped as we get near the next one so anyone who missed the first go round can get in.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:35 am

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote:Apparently I can only ad team members during the sign up period for team challenges. I'll keep this bumped as we get near the next one so anyone who missed the first go round can get in.
Great! \:D/
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:14 am

I'm game for the next one.

HorizonMan
Sarge

Post by HorizonMan » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:00 am

Nice!

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:10 am

Two challenges coming up in March, one individual and one team;
Mud Season Madness Challenge-March 1 kicks off the annual Mud Season Madness challenge. To participate, row or ski 5 or 10k for at least 25 days of the month.
World Erg Challenge - The second of the three team challenges we offer throughout the year, the WEC challenges you and your team to row or ski as many meters as possible from March 15 to April 15
Tantum validus superstes

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sgt. Major

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:07 am

The mud season challenge looks to be tough. A 5k nearly every day for a month. I need to figure out how this would work while not dedicating 100% of my training to the erg.

Maybe a 10 min. warm-up and 10 min. cool-down before lifting. Keep the lifting brief, maybe PTTP or similar.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sgt. Major

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:11 am

Additional notes:
The Bad Place is now officially part of the World Erg Challenge.

If you are a current member, you need to go to your profile and say that you want to participate in the challenge.

If you are not a current member but want to join, make sure you have a C2 profile and request to joint The Bad Place either thorugh C2 or here and I will add you to the team. I can only add team members during the enrollment period for challenges, so this is your last chance until to join the IGx team until the Fall Challenge in September.

James
Sarge

Post by James » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:26 pm

I mainly just lurk on IGx now, but the holiday thread last year motivated me to start rowing again on my lunch break at work. It's been a nice break from BJJ or chasing after my little boy at home, so thought I'd add my metres to the total.

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:46 pm

The next one starts march 15,doesn`t it?
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sgt. Major

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:25 pm

James is in.

Bobby, yep. World Erg Challenge starts the 15th of March. Works just like the last one we did.

I just started the Mud Month yesterday. Got my 5k in both days so far. Doing 5 x 500 with some cals in between seems to actually be a pretty good warm-up for strength training. Did it that way yesterday before my DL session and had a pretty good day. Followed that up with some easy KB presses, then another 5 x 500m with pull-ups in between. I think that's how I'm going to work the extra days of rowing in.

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:04 am

I`ll join the team for this one as well.
"being a pussy".

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:09 am

Just joined!
"being a pussy".

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:30 am

Request sent

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sgt. Major

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:20 am

Dunn wrote:Request sent
In.

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:05 am

This will be a good tune up to get ready for the May Marathon/Half Marathon challenge.
Last edited by Cave Canem on Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tantum validus superstes

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:49 am

Cave Canem wrote:This will be good tune up to get ready for the May Marathon/Half Marathon challenge.
That could be a good goal for the team! Have rowed 30 000 twice and 1 half marathon.Tried a marathon a while ago,but started cramping (hamstrings).The marathon should be doable in may!
"being a pussy".

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:25 pm

Looks like Dunn is the youngest on the team so far. Quite a switch from being probably the oldest in his Basic flight. Hey Dunn, were you older than your MTI's?
Tantum validus superstes

The Crawdaddy

Post by The Crawdaddy » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:51 am

Cave Canem wrote:Looks like Dunn is the youngest on the team so far. Quite a switch from being probably the oldest in his Basic flight. Hey Dunn, were you older than your MTI's?
Holy sheeeiiiit , he's a youngun'. Half of Robert's age ... if he manages half of Robert's distance he may make up for me being on vacay the second half of the challenge!
Blaidd Drwg wrote:90% of the people lifting in gyms are doing it on "feel" and what they really "feel" like is being a lazy fuck.
"A good man always knows his limitations..." -- "Dirty" Harry Callahan

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:28 am

Lmao. Fuck all of you.

And yes. One of them noted that I could've outranked them if I had joined earlier. They left me alone though because of it.

We will see how much I get. Gonna try to log some decent distances.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sgt. Major

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:21 am

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to get a marathon done in May.

Probably do it like a lot of the stupid things I've done - rest for a couple of days and go for it. Break it up with a bunch of water/ass breaks and watch a couple movies.

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:39 pm

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to get a marathon done in May.

Probably do it like a lot of the stupid things I've done - rest for a couple of days and go for it. Break it up with a bunch of water/ass breaks and watch a couple movies.
I sure ned ass breaks when rowing 30 kilometers or above!
"being a pussy".

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sgt. Major

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:50 pm

I may try the bubble wrap trick and see if it works. I've tried a towel to give a little cushion but that didn't make much difference.

Never tried one of C2's ass pads, so I may get one of those as well.

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:25 pm

Everybody ready? We've got 13 folks registered so far. I'm gonna pick the over on 1 million unless EZ slacks off.
Last edited by Cave Canem on Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tantum validus superstes