Peptides

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

rjudo
Gunny

Re: Peptides

Post by rjudo » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:58 pm

Last edited by rjudo on Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
food is medicine. that's why i'm drinking dr. pepper.

rjudo
Gunny

Post by rjudo » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:00 pm

That's good to hear. Clutch
food is medicine. that's why i'm drinking dr. pepper.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:16 pm

What's the consequence of using too much BPC157?

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:34 pm

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:What's the consequence of using too much BPC157?
It's not like Clutch has anything to lose, pardon my saying so.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

clutch

Post by clutch » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:29 pm

WildGorillaMan wrote:
Shafpocalypse Now wrote:What's the consequence of using too much BPC157?
It's not like Clutch has anything to lose, pardon my saying so.

Well, WGM has a point, and I won't say that I ignored that point in taking this course of action.

However: all research I've found shows that (a) there is no toxicity with BPC-157 in a single dose (b) there are no side effects of BPC-157 in long term usage. I honestly don't know if I would have tried this with other peptides. But this particular one is so well researched, and has found over and over to be so safe, that it was a no-brainer.

There's recent research which shows something I've been claiming all along: BPC-157 works by potentiating the effects of our endogenous GH in its native repair role.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Update

Post by WildGorillaMan » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:46 pm

clutch wrote: I'm still using BPC-157. I don't use a great deal - I don't think I need it.
What's the dose and the frequency you're using?
You'll Hurt Your Back

clutch

Re: Update

Post by clutch » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:55 pm

WildGorillaMan wrote:
clutch wrote: I'm still using BPC-157. I don't use a great deal - I don't think I need it.
What's the dose and the frequency you're using?
20 micrograms per kg of body weight. That seems to be in the range of what has been used in studies showing repair of liver lesions and reversal of portal vein hypertension. Since those are the conditions I am trying to fix, I thought the study dose made sense. It has worked, and it is not that expensive so as to make cutting the dose by 50% worth much more than $10 per month.

I inject sub-q within a couple inches of the navel once per day. I have skipped a few doses here and there on purpose. I note that upon skipping for 2 consecutive days, the pruritus begins to return, and it takes a couple days of regular dosing to go away.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:05 pm

Interesting. Thanks!
You'll Hurt Your Back

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:09 pm

Good to hear it, Clutch. Besides being happy for your health improving, I take great pleasure in hearing your progress for another reason as well. Years ago I did ICU rotation in my registrar years. One day we got a 21 year old guy who was shot in the lower leg. He was a Jehova's Witness, and - stupid bastard - signed the Do Not Transfuse Under Any Circumstances form. To cut the long story short during the operation he bled to the Hb of 20. This case was a great illustration of the surgeons' myopia: seeing only the body part that needed to be fixed - tibial artery. In normal circumstances all that needed to save him were couple of units of blood, but in his case we didn't have this option.

So, the guy gets to ICU on full life support. We were giving him EPO to stimulate his red blood cell production, However, because his heart had to work five times as hard the arterial flows were overly high, and whatever red cells were produced were most likely hemolysed because of grossly increased turbulence of the blood flow. Anyway, Eli Lilly at the time was working on the artificial hemoglobin, and I called them literally begging to give us couple of samples. After all, there was nothing to lose. They refused. There were some potential side-effects of this preparation, but the alternative was to lose this guy, which happened within a week anyway. Slow medical research machine and the legal system killed him.

So, whenever I hear success stories of people experimenting with various things in serious medical conditions I get this gloating feeling. One story of that kind was the use of steroids in AIDS patients. It took literally ten years for the mainstream research to notice it and start their own trials - by then literally thousands of patients helped themselves. Steroids cost peanuts compared to anti-viral drugs, and in many cases are more efficient. The same here: BPC-157 is way cheaper than chemotherapy, and it seems to do more. Even if this a study with n=1 I still feel justified flipping a finger at some high-flying pharmaceutical executive. I wonder how many doctors actually ever heard of BPC-157, I can bet it's less than one in twenty.

Keep going, Clutch, my fingers are still crossed for you.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:06 am

The loss of the datbtrue forum was pretty big from a practical standpoint

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:26 am

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:The loss of the datbtrue forum was pretty big from a practical standpoint

Sooth.....Crazy weed patch that yielded a lot of gems.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:14 am

clutch-- that is so badass I have no words. Keep it up.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule