Peptides

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Peptides

Post by Sangoma » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:20 pm

Peptides are beneficial for the heart. Also, from the info on the Net and my own experience they are more valuable for their lipolytic action than anabolic. Anyway, the forum the link to which I posted has a lot of information about them.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:49 pm

How many shots are you taking a day? Four plus?

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:28 pm

Had been taking two, morning and evening. Nothing at present.

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:22 am

Sangoma wrote:Had been taking two, morning and evening. Nothing at present.
Why not? Do you have to "cycle" it?

Holeyfraggaroley
Gunny

Post by Holeyfraggaroley » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:46 pm

Bump. Some good info to start with. Anything new?

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:35 am

Recently started Mod GRF/Ipamorelin again. You don't have to cycle it, but injecting becomes repetitive after a few months. My wife is also using the combo and she says it helped her to get over the recent flu.

odin
Sgt. Major

Post by odin » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:54 am

where is the info regarding doses etc? datbtrue?
Don't try too hard, don't not try too hard

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:38 am

Datbetrue is THE best place for peptide info. Registration is a minor headache - you have to be approved by Dat personally - but absolutely worth it. The range and depth of information there blew my mind first time I got access.

Holeyfraggaroley
Gunny

Post by Holeyfraggaroley » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:53 am

Okay, dumbass question. Asking for a friend. A person could by the "research" peptides from say Southern get some pins and go to town. I doubt a person in the US could find a doc. It's hard enough to find one that is comfortable with T.

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:33 am

Here in Australia - probably the most regulated country in the world - peptides are sold by couple of online places. You choose what you want, then they send you a fairly basic questionnaire and then their in house doctor prescribes peptides. A week later you get it in the post. I also know of at least one place where they do the same with testosterone. The downside with T is that they charge triple price for it. Peptides, on the other hand, are priced more or less similarly to other places I looked at. Also, on Datbetrue people can give "your friend" recommendations where to get them.

clutch

Post by clutch » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:06 pm

Perhaps of no interest: since, for various reasons, I am unable to fund the $11,000 per month approved treatment for my cancer - which only improves symptoms, and has a lot of drawbacks, I started my own research.

I'm including the peptide BPC-157. There is some solid research which shows that it treats portal vein hypertension, heals esophogeal varices, and helps the liver to rebuild. Since I bled out in March from this, due to a combination of the enlarged spleen and scarred liver, I decided to run this peptide as part of my treatment. I have been running it for about 6-7 weeks; I can say, without doubt, that it has cleared up the whole body rash and severe itching which come with the cancer; if I skip a couple days of injections, the rash starts coming back.

While not about peptides: I found research which indicates that tamoxifen exerts a positive influence on the signalling pathway in a particular gene in the bone marrow controlling red blood cell production. Very early research shows that tamoxifen might actually work better, at least in some cases, than the approved treatment. Again, after 6 weeks, I have not required any blood transfusions, and my levels are holding steady at a somewhat reasonable level.

I'm able to eat again; it was at the point where I lost 40 lbs in 3 weeks, unintentionally, just because I had to force myself to eat and I would often get sick after consuming food.

No more fevers, no more night sweats, no more chills.

In other words, I'm largely asymptomatic, aside from the swollen spleen, which will be the last thing to change, no matter what. I'm fairly certain that it has come down a little bit in size, but it's not like I can just order a cat scan to have it measured. However, it certainly has not grown, palpitation shows us that.

I'm not sure that my plan will drive the cancer into remission; on the other hand, if my reading of the research literature and underlying cellular biology is correct, there is a chance that it will, over the course of a few months, enable the bone marrow to heal. And since the only cure for this cancer is a stem cell transplant, with a 75% 3 year mortality rate, and my body presents a hosts of problems for that procedure, this is about as good as I can get. Since I can't afford the approved symptomatic treatment, at least I can say that I have tried everything I can think of.

EDIT: correct quite a bit of grammar; add missing words.

I should also add that fatigue and cognitive impairment are still raging, although somewhat better if I take adderall. Just as the cognitive impairment caused me to forget some words, it also caused me to forget mentioning these very symptoms. On the days I don't take adderall, I can sleep easily for 14-18 hours.
Last edited by clutch on Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:43 pm

clutch wrote:Perhaps of no interest: since, for various reasons, I am unable the $11,000 per month approved treatment for my cancer - which only approves symptoms, and has a lot of drawbacks, I started my own research.

I'm including the peptide BPC-157. There is some solid research which shows that it treats portal vein hypertension, heals esophogeal varices, and helps the liver to rebuild. Since I bled out in March from this, due to a combination of the enlarged spleen and scarred liver, I decided that to run this peptide as part of my treatment. I have been running it for about 6-7 weeks; I can say, without doubt, that it has cleared up the whole body rash and severe itching which come with the cancer; if I skip a couple days of injections, the rash starts coming back.

While not about peptides: I found research which indicates that tamoxifen exerts a positive influence on the signalling pathway in a particular gene in the bone marrow controlling red blood cell production. Very early research shows that tamoxifen might actually work better, at least in some cases, than the approved treatment. Again, after 6 weeks, I have not required any blood transfusions, and my levels are holding steady at a somewhat reasonable level.

I'm able to eat again; it was at the point where I lost 40 lbs in 3 weeks, unintentionally, just because I had to force myself to eat and I would often get sick after consuming food.

No more fevers, no more night sweats, no more chills.

In other words, I'm largely asymptomatic, aside from the swollen spleen, which will be the last thing to change, no matter what. I'm fairly certain that it has come down a little bit in size, but it's not like I can just order a cat scan to have it measured. However, it certainly has not grown, palpitation shows us that.

I'm not sure that my plan will drive the cancer into remission; on the other hand, if my reading of the research literature and underlying cellular biology is correct, there is a chance that it will, over the course of a few months, enable the bone marrow to heal. And since the only cure for this cancer is a stem cell transplant, with a 75% 3 year mortality rate, and my body presents a hosts of problems for that procedure, this is about as good as I can get. Since I can't afford the approved symptomatic treatment, at least I can say that I have tried everything I can think of.
Fantastic.

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:51 pm

Clutch, this is nothing short of truly miraculous. Your experIment of one has probably preceeded the first peer reviewed publication by ten years, at least. From the snippets of your story I am guessing your disease is pancreato-biliary. I am holding both of my thumbs, touching wood and crossing the remaining fingers and toes for you. Truly good luck, man. It takes a lot of courage to experiment in a situation like this, and my hat goes right off for you. Keep in touch with your doctor, just for not missing possible negative developments, though from your story they are not likely to happen. Best of luck.

clutch

Post by clutch » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:01 pm

Sangoma wrote:Clutch, this is nothing short of truly miraculous. Your experIment of one has probably preceeded the first peer reviewed publication by ten years, at least. From the snippets of your story I am guessing your disease is pancreato-biliary. I am holding both of my thumbs, touching wood and crossing the remaining fingers and toes for you. Truly good luck, man. It takes a lot of courage to experiment in a situation like this, and my hat goes right off for you. Keep in touch with your doctor, just for not missing possible negative developments, though from your story they are not likely to happen. Best of luck.
While I appreciate the thoughts, I'm not out of the woods. I get why you think my disease is pancreato-biliary: it's not. It's blood cancer, terminal - unfortunately, this blood cancer (myelofibrosis) causes the body to incur a lot of organic damage. The damage in my case was hepatosplenic: my spleen is 2-3 times normal size, causing a tremendous amount of portal vein hypertension, and essentially beating the snot out of my liver.

If, IF, I can get the production of defective red blood cells halted, take some load off the marrow, and allow well-formed RBC production to continue / improve, then the spleen may shrink. That's where the tamoxifen comes into play.

I would agree that I'm at least 10 years ahead of the research curve; I'm not sure that any serious research will be done on tamoxifen, unless something like a new delivery system can be proposed - it's a generic, which means nobody makes money, which means there is no money to fund the trial process through FDA approval. Likewise, BPC-157 is "generic" - somebody, not sure who, has filed for a patent on a new delivery mechanism to dispense with oral / sub-q injections; maybe they will fund research for applicability into various disorders. It's a remarkable peptide.

Thank you for your positive comments and thinking of me.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:35 pm

Just ordered some BPC157 for a nagging quad ache and to finish off the healing process in the adductor I tore a while back. I also have the gift of nasty stomach issue form time to time, especially in a pre-meet context where I have to eat more carbs than I care to. I will report back any positive or negative experiences with it over the next 10 weeks
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:10 am

I have been tempted to try BPC157 for a while now. So your feedback, BD, would be very valuable.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:01 pm

One week of Pentadeca (BPC157) 250MCG 2x daily.

Definite healing in adductor and elbow which was flaring with classic lateral epicondylitis. No difference in quad. Too early to say if Penta is the fix....will report back again in a couple weeks.

In related news...DAT has health issues and is shutting down the forum...that gives off a creepy feeling given the types of stuff that guy was taking.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:14 pm

Yeah, I saw that. Odd vibe

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:30 pm

He said prognosis was not good. That is sobering.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:00 pm

TomFurman wrote:He said prognosis was not good. That is sobering.

There's a lot of weird histrionics that come with Strempf Sports so I'm never sure what to believe. (Brandon Lilly anyone? )..and yet Dat guys has alluded to being ill for a long time. On of my fav guys form the forum has BiPolar (apparently it strikes many a nutrition guru) and got his ass banned for repeated flaking on clients. Lots of drama but also tremendous information, Dat has a very sharp and practical mindset I found super compelling.

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:41 am

Blaidd Drwg wrote: There's a lot of weird histrionics that come with Strempf Sports so I'm never sure what to believe. (Brandon Lilly anyone? )..and yet Dat guys has alluded to being ill for a long time. On of my fav guys form the forum has BiPolar (apparently it strikes many a nutrition guru) and got his ass banned for repeated flaking on clients. Lots of drama but also tremendous information, Dat has a very sharp and practical mindset I found super compelling.
I hired that guy last year when I was leaning out. He is definitely a nutrition guru. The third consultation I had with him his bipolar flared up, and I and ended up listening to a lot of barely comprehensible stuff for an hour. Longer in fact, as he would not let me get off Skype. Even though, the time and money was very well spent, and one in three sessions being a flop is ok, considering his knowledge and fee.

Shit, I wonder what is wrong with Dat. Did he start DBT because he was looking for the cure or did he get sick because of the shit he was taking... I am guessing the answer to this can make a lot of difference to quite a few people.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:10 am

I just read or heard something about Lilly's attempts to come back too quickly are probably the stressorsame that keep that shit flaring via immunosuppression. Was that here?

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:52 pm

clutch is dying of cancer (pbuh) and you guts are talking about leaning out and Lilly's quad tears

That's why this foum will never be in the Olympics.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

clutch

Update

Post by clutch » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:08 am

Another symptom definitely in remission: HGB is 11, the highest it's been in over a year. No transfusions since I bled out.

Another symptom probably in remission: my appetite is through the roof, and I'm able to eat lots of food again. Indicative of spleen shrinking.

The hematologist who told me in April that "I'm sorry. Look, I'm not going to lie. There's nothing good about your situation. I wish I could find something, anything to be optimistic about, but there's nothing. Your best bet is to just head home, and lay low. I'm changing your status to severe high-risk." Who also made similar notes in my discharge paperwork.

Yeah, that guy. He doesn't know that I'm treating myself. He is quite puzzled at my miracle recovery. I thoroughly enjoyed watching him muttering to himself as he went over my latest test results, shaking his head, at a loss for words.

And just to keep things somewhat on topic, that is, peptides: I'm still using BPC-157. I don't use a great deal - I don't think I need it. I do believe that this peptide decays substantially post-reconstitution in bac water. I've tested a couple times, and once my vial hits the 45 day mark, there is a noticeable decline in efficacy. As soon as I switch to a freshly reconstituted batch, the symptoms in question go back into remission. I have tested this multiple times.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:28 am

May your "miracle recovery" continue. =D> =D> =D>
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats